AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-03-19, 18:10   Link #1
7thMethuselah

Munto OVAs

I just saw Munto and I must say i was quite impressed, so I have a couple of questions?

1. Is it licensed (torrent is no longer there) and by who?
2. Is there more of this, all I saw was an OVA, but I wanna know if there is a tv series.
3. Is there a manga on which the OVA is based or a manga based on the OVA?

Thx in advance
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 18:20   Link #2
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
I just saw Munto and I must say i was quite impressed, so I have a couple of questions?

1. Is it licensed (torrent is no longer there) and by who?
2. Is there more of this, all I saw was an OVA, but I wanna know if there is a tv series.
3. Is there a manga on which the OVA is based or a manga based on the OVA?

Thx in advance
1)licensed by CPM(sadly we won't see a release any time soon)

don't know the rest.
BanditKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 18:49   Link #3
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

www.munto.com
it was a calabortion project amoungst
artist friends so, no...there is no TV series or manga.
There is however a MUNTO2 in the planning process [see website]
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 14:59   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
www.munto.com
it was a calabortion project amoungst
artist friends so, no...there is no TV series or manga.
There is however a MUNTO2 in the planning process [see website]

Thanks for the info, too bad no manga or anything but I'm sure to try and get my hands on Munto 2
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 03:41   Link #5
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
ewww munto 2 ..the first one sucked no offence
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 04:03   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Offense taken. Munto was an intriguing OVA and I am eagerly looking forward to the second.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 12:23   Link #7
Kensuke

Munto 2 has a release date: April 4th. I can only say that I enjoyed the first one, and I'm waiting for the second. I hope KyoAni did a good job with this.

Source: ANN
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 16:30   Link #8
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

You did Kensuke? Hmm I watched munto and all I got out of it is that if Munto just asked instead of demanded the Anime would have been over a lot faster

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 17:28   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
You did Kensuke? Hmm I watched munto and all I got out of it is that if Munto just asked instead of demanded the Anime would have been over a lot faster
And if Hamlet had Othello's personality, he would have killed his uncle in the first act and the whole play would have ended without tragedy.

And if Othello had Hamlet's personality, he wouldn't have tried to kill Desdemona until after he'd examined the situation more fully, discovered that Iago was behind the plot. Then he'd have killed the actual villian; tragedy averted.

You're right that Munto was too proud. That was his tragic flaw which nearly caused the destruction of his realm. This is another example of a story which is driven by a flaw in the protagonist. Munto was simply the wrong person to solve this problem easily, just like Hamlet and Othello could have solved each other's connundrums without difficulty. At least Munto managed to avoid the destruction of all he holds dear, unlike the two aforementioned tragedies.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 18:11   Link #10
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

No No NSW, the question I was asking was, what was the point of Munto? A buildup of a bunch of Characters. A nice drama that could've unfolded. 2 Separate storylines that intersect I think 4 times. A girl trying to deal with being different, a boy trying to save his realm but he is a real ass. Romance? None. Action? Sorta. Intrigue? Yes but it's so thin I would think these people would try a little harder.

Honestly to me this looked like 2 separate animes welded together, Gokudo meets a Dating Sim reject girl.

I dunno about Munto, either it's too regional for me to get or I must've missed something very important in the OVA. So that's why I was surprised that they got funding for something like this instead of 20 other unfinished Animes out there.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 01:58   Link #11
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow The Munto (OVA) Series

About the thread's title, I decided not to use the (OAV) designation since people might confuse it with "Original Adult Video" instead and get all kinds of confusion on the kind of content in Munto.

There has been two episodes of Munto so far-
  1. Munto 1
  2. Munto 2: Beyond the Walls of Time
~~~~ ~~~~

I'm not sure whether it was intended to be a laughing matter, but Munto's grandiose appearances in front of Yumemi made me laugh because it was so over the top. There she is, casually walking around, then BOOM! "Give me your power, girl! And I'm too thick-headed to explain things properly to you. Now gimme, gimme!"

And the fool never learns! In all the times he slammed into the ground in front of her and made her fly backwards screaming, he never attempted to talk to her properly.

Yumemi hit the spot when she wondered whether Munto was a stalker ghost, and whether or not she was going mad.

Honestly, Munto's damn lucky Yumemi just needed to touch him to activate her powers and not go through some sort of complicated ritual.

The side story about Yumemi's classmates was also fairly touching, but I'm not too sure at this point on what their role is meant to be in the grand scheme of things. For the moment, it seems to be a serving of honey-sweet feelings.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-20, 10:42   Link #12
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I thought that it was an allegory for becoming adult and relationships on top of a fantasy background.

I wish that they would continue the story all ready.
Old 2007-05-23, 22:15   Link #13
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I'm not sure whether it was intended to be a laughing matter, but Munto's grandiose appearances in front of Yumemi made me laugh because it was so over the top. There she is, casually walking around, then BOOM! "Give me your power, girl! And I'm too thick-headed to explain things properly to you. Now gimme, gimme!"
That part was amusing for me too...it's like he expected her to say "of course, here you go" and perfectly understand what he meant, when there's probably no one on Earth who'd react that way. I guess in his world he was used to everyone knowing who he was and following orders, but he didn't realize that wasn't going to be so easy. I thought Yumemi's reaction to him was very realistic though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I wish that they would continue the story all ready.
I know...it's been a long time since Munto 2, and it ended on a cliffhanger.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 08:12   Link #14
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
That part was amusing for me too...it's like he expected her to say "of course, here you go" and perfectly understand what he meant, when there's probably no one on Earth who'd react that way. I guess in his world he was used to everyone knowing who he was and following orders, but he didn't realize that wasn't going to be so easy. I thought Yumemi's reaction to him was very realistic though.
Yeah, but it was hard for him to put himself into her shoes: he's always known there were were two worlds, and that magic existed, and that "Akuto" was a form of energy and so on. I think it was hard for him to even conceive of Yumemi's ignorance. Even if intellectually he knew she didn't know anything about the danger both worlds were in, emotionally he felt everyone knew.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 12:12   Link #15
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post

I know...it's been a long time since Munto 2, and it ended on a cliffhanger.
Somehow I don't see it getting resumed for a long time.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 00:38   Link #16
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I've gotta admit-having seen both Munto 1 & 2 that I really didn't care too much for either one-lots of pretty pictures and animation but no real substance or story. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give this one 5.5.
Old 2007-09-23, 20:54   Link #17
hideFan

I found these... Not sure if they are legit... but it excited me greatly.
http://v.886.cn/8jN/36146056/36146056_64719.jpg
http://v.886.cn/8jN/36146054/36146054_53330.jpg
http://v.886.cn/8jN/36146057/36146057_56937.jpg
http://v.886.cn/8jN/36146055/36146055_60997.jpg
hideFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 01:15   Link #18
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Sadly, Munto's website has not been updated. They do look like it's from a magazine article. Maybe, if someone who is literate could read it, we would get some info.

Pretty please.
Old 2007-09-24, 06:25   Link #19
hideFan

I'm really hoping those are legit. =D
hideFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 23:57   Link #20
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Anyone found if legit yet ?

Munto is a classic imo.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote