AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-02, 18:00   Link #1
askingquestions

Surnames of Straw Hats and other characters

sorry for putting this thread cause its useless you can delete later or something but i wanna know his last name for a screen name.. thanks
Old 2004-02-02, 18:20   Link #2
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Yes, it's useless, and stupid. Sad but true

His name is Roronoa Zoro. Last name Roronoa, since in Japan last name come first. And you could have found this info in any post here, or even in any ordinary One Piece site out there.
Old 2004-02-02, 21:50   Link #3
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

we can used this to discuss...

wat are nami's ussop's sanji's surnames?

hows this

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-02, 23:22   Link #4
Jump

Different mothers perhaps?
Old 2004-02-03, 05:37   Link #5
Ruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Different mothers perhaps?
Hey... he and Luffy have the same last names... D, remember?? Their family's name's D. D
Old 2004-02-03, 07:24   Link #6
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Yes its D. luffy's last name is D. so is Gold Roger's and so is
Spoiler:
Monkey and Gold is just nicknames.
Old 2004-02-03, 10:36   Link #7
monir
cho~ kakkoii

"D" is the middle initial of their name. Right zoro? Even if their last name was D, does not mean they are related. D could mean Dwarf, Duck, Donkey, Dimwit, Dumb, Dull, Dandy, Dork, Dufus etc.. Just pick any one of these and replace it with their initial. That wasn't so hard to understand, was it? In many asian countries and around the world, a family does not necessarily share a same last name or first name, even if they are blood related.
Old 2004-02-03, 10:48   Link #8
Nine Devil

Monir WTF! who said they were related.... I just said they last name begins with D.
Old 2004-02-03, 11:58   Link #9
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
"D" is the middle initial of their name. Right zoro? Even if their last name was D, does not mean they are related. D could mean Dwarf, Duck, Donkey, Dimwit, Dumb, Dull, Dandy, Dork, Dufus etc.. Just pick any one of these and replace it with their initial. That wasn't so hard to understand, was it? In many asian countries and around the world, a family does not necessarily share a same last name or first name, even if they are blood related.
in korea the wife keeps her own name... other than that i believe brothers,sisters, and fathers share the same last name.

Are you sure D. is their name? YOu usually put ur nickname in the middle.
Old 2004-02-03, 12:59   Link #10
Nine Devil

Well i don't want my last name to be Monkey and don't you guyz know the will of "D" that means thats their last name.Cuz anybody can use a nickname beginning wit D.
Old 2004-02-03, 13:08   Link #11
Sethi
StormRider

I Think D is some type of family name since the old man of luffy vilage when luffy got is bounty he said that it was fate that Luffy became a pirate and also:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-05, 15:25   Link #12
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Monir WTF! who said they were related.... I just said they last name begins with D.
hehe..Then why did you reply? It was obvious that my response wasn't meant to target you or anyone else for that matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro
in korea the wife keeps her own name... other than that i believe brothers,sisters, and fathers share the same last name.

Are you sure D. is their name? YOu usually put ur nickname in the middle.
cool!! In most of the South Asian countries and other parts of Asia, individual names are given to the children. Wives sometimes take their husbands name (first name, if name keeping is thought in the way of U.S) but that doesn't apply to their children.

btw, I said D is their middle initial.
Old 2004-02-17, 00:36   Link #13
xzxxzx
Hime

i REALLY think that there is a connection (as in related in some way) between Luffy and Gold Roger. More like i'm saying i think that Gold Roger is Luffy's dad. A LOT of things are pointing in that direction. Like how we don't know who Luffy's parents are and that they (Gold Roger and Luffy) have black hair just a side note...
Old 2004-02-17, 00:42   Link #14
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
I thought luffy wasnt even alive when gold rogers was executed. the only relation i can think thats possible is that hes the reincarnation
Old 2004-02-17, 00:49   Link #15
xzxxzx
Hime

or grandpa!
Old 2004-02-17, 10:25   Link #16
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzxxzx
i REALLY think that there is a connection (as in related in some way) between Luffy and Gold Roger. More like i'm saying i think that Gold Roger is Luffy's dad. A LOT of things are pointing in that direction. Like how we don't know who Luffy's parents are and that they (Gold Roger and Luffy) have black hair just a side note...
Luffy's dad? lol. Maybe you need to watch the anime again. Gol D. Rogers died 20 years ago in the show, and how old is Luffy again? he's about 17 years old. Gol D. Rogers might have some relations to him, but he's not Luffy's father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askingquestions
sorry for putting this thread cause its useless you can delete later or something but i wanna know his last name for a screen name.. thanks
And how can a person watch OP and not knows Zoro's last name? i mean wtf, do you watch all the eps raw or something? >_>
Old 2004-02-17, 11:16   Link #17
Jn183

Well, it seem many clues are pointing at Luffy and Roger being related. Doctor Kurena- Something with these D people. Miss All Sunday- Why you D like to fight? And the last and maybe the best clue is from Adimral "Blue" Pheasant- It seem this family are filled with troublesome.
click here to see what Blue said
Old 2004-06-21, 19:52   Link #18
Namisan
The Violet Wind

Brothers 2 diffrent names!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bushido
we can used this to discuss...

wat are nami's ussop's sanji's surnames?

hows this

Spoiler:
I think Ace and Luffy have the same mother but diffrent mothers, becuase usually the child get the sir name of the father.
Old 2004-06-21, 21:55   Link #19
filipino heat
oro??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namisan
I think Ace and Luffy have the same mother but diffrent mothers,
that didnt make sense at all...anyway i think ace, luffy and gold rogers are related since they have d's in the middle of their names and robin and the old doctor that took care of chopper talk about sumthin called the will of D when they compare luffy and gold rogers
Old 2004-06-22, 09:55   Link #20
Ri_
mangaworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
His name is Roronoa Zoro.
Or Lorenor Zorro, if you go with the romanized version.
Closed Thread