AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-05-16, 03:02   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 354 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .
This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.
As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

A fair warning: To those few fans who are intentionally distorting the pronounciation of any names of any characters, stop it now! You are being very insensitive toward the fans who may like a certain character. And not to mention the intentional distortion of the names get a few posters so agitated that they go on a rampage of nonsensical posting mixed with an intense session of flaming. Those of you who are baiting these posters by taking part in this particular exercise of innovative name calling of a certain character.. well, stop it. You know who you are. We are more than willing to hand out a few bans until we get through to you. Hope I have made myself clear enough.

To the general fans: Please use the report button if you see anyone is intentionally distorting any characters name to bait or agitate a group of fans, i.e. Sasuke as Sasgay or Naruto as Narutard and etc. Please do not reserve any kind of sympathy for these kinds of posters who are articulate enough, but don't mind stooping to those kinds of petty behaviour.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 03:23   Link #2
Rahan

It looks like Deidara is now wondering what Kakashi and Naruto are up to. (seems he is not going against Sasuke right now)
Konoha forms a 8 man team (consisting in the enlarged Team 7 and the former Team 8 genins) to hunt Akatsuki.

The Sasuke part didn't make much sense to me. (giving catnip to talking cats ? Either Kishimoto or the translator was on crack) Apparently, he is visiting an weapon shop that used to belong to the Uchihas. (sigh, a new weapon _again_ for Sasuke).

Last edited by Rahan; 2007-05-16 at 03:36.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 04:39   Link #3
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
For the members who have yet to read the spoiler, here it is.

Spoiler for 354 Spoiler:

Ho ho~ very, very interesting. This makes me wonder who will be the ones to face Deidara and Tobi.. I mean, we need a demonstration of team 8's new abilities and jutsu's who else could they face... perhaps for a short time (obviously they face Deidara and Tobi it will be with the aid of Naruto and Co). However, even for a short time just to display their new techniques against Deidara and Tobi would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
The Sasuke part didn't make much sense to me. (giving catnip to talking cats ? Either Kishimoto or the translator was on crack) Apparently, he is visiting an weapon shop that used to belong to the Uchihas. (sigh, a new weapon _again_ for Sasuke).
As for the Sasuke part with the catnip to cats, it shouldn’t be too confusing, its like when you go to a very exclusive area or place that is only open to exclusive people that know the "Password". It could be, these two cats will only lead you if you do what you are supposed to do (give catnip) after, you follow them and they take you down the correct path to the weapons / arms dealer (if you do the wrong thing, your screwd). So in other words, the two cats are the "guards", the catnip is the password or, the catnip could also be a bribe to the cats (Dont forget, catnip is like drugs to cats), rather then a password (I'm guessing this was all done to give "effect" of all this being either illegal, black market / or just that its exclusive only for Uchiha). Just a guess, we will see what happens when the raw is out.

Also, I highly doubt Sasuke is getting a new weapon, his Kusanagi sword will remain. Most likely he is visiting a black market arms dealer or there wouldn’t be all the "follow the two cats ordeal", its definitely illegal / black market if not, then its only exclusive to Uchiha. None the less its more likely that Sasuke is stocking up on "Ammo" for a up and coming "War" Kunai's, Flash Bombs, Shuriken's, Wires etc...

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2007-05-16 at 05:26.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 04:47   Link #4
Sasuke_Bateman
No

The more Uchiha info the better.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 04:59   Link #5
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

Weapons...what sort of weapons could team Snake need? I thought they were on a suicide mission against Itachi and Kisame...what is in Kishimoto's mind...cats??

And Konoha formed a 8 man party? That sounds more like a small army...And where there is a lot of people there is a lot of blood too...

Finally Akatsuki...2 people going to check things out? Let's see..from one hand we have an 8 person army...from the other hand we have a 4 person super troop...I guess right now we should be wondering WHO is going to die rather than if someone will...

good episode (if it happens to be true)
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 06:15   Link #6
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Oh yeah...it seems this chapter will have another Sasuke fangirl perhaps .
I'm also wondering if all the memebers of team Snake will carry weapons and will they all get cool clothes to wear, because Juugo needs it badly.

The Team Konoha picked seem to be focused on tracking with Hinata, Kiba and the Great Shino. With Yamoto there this seems like i pretty strong team that will cause a lot of problems to Akatsuki. Team Snake cannot be defeated.

Last edited by Sasuke_Bateman; 2007-05-16 at 07:22.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 06:52   Link #7
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Finally, They're back! As expected, Team 8 is going to get featured this arc. And it looks like Kakashi will be acting as their surrogate sensei as he did for Team 10. Like someone else mentioned, this team is good for tracking, but it seems a little underpowered if they plan to actually confront and capture Itachi. I'm surprised they didn't include Gai's Team for good measure, but perhaps that's too many characters to focus on in one arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Taku0
Also, I highly doubt Sasuke is getting a new weapon, his Kusanagi sword will remain. Most likely he is visiting a black market arms dealer or there wouldn’t be all the "follow the two cats ordeal", its definitely illegal / black market if not, then its only exclusive to Uchiha. None the less its more likely that Sasuke is stocking up on "Ammo" for a up and coming "War" Kunai's, Flash Bombs, Shuriken's, Wires etc...
Suigetsu as well will probably rely mainly on Zabuza's sword, Juugo on the natural weapons CS gives him and Karin....well I have doubts about how much fighting she'll get to do, but she could use some weapons. But I doubt they stopped by just for Karin's sake or for minor weapons. They probably want info from the shopkeep. If this place used to be an Uchiha hangout, it might be that Itachi still stops by every now and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChojinLocke View Post
Weapons...what sort of weapons could team Snake need? I thought they were on a suicide mission against Itachi and Kisame...what is in Kishimoto's mind...cats??
I'm really surprised people are so freaked out about the talking cats. They are likely summon animals and not normal cats (feline versions of Pakkun). But the fact that Sasuke just seems to carry around catnip... o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChojinLocke
good episode (if it happens to be true)
This one's from Himajin supposedly. 99% probability it's real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman
Oh yeah...it seems this chapter will have another Sasuke fangirl perhaps
As if there haven't been enough of those already
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 07:17   Link #8
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-*Yawn* More weapons for Sasuke (as if he doesn't have enough on him as it is). Man, Kishimoto must have given Sasuke a Magic Carry bag that can hold an infinite amount of weapons (look at the Chuunin exam in his fights he always has a lot of weapons) along with a Magic Sword, Magic Seal and a Magic Eye. I am almost surprised Sasuke isn't called Solid Snake (in all honesty he can't be called that because he ain't cool enough for that title) and his arch nemesis brother is Liquid Snake .

-So Team 8 might be back? About damn time. There is a God after all. Seriously, why couldn't they have been featured earlier? What was it that they had when Naruto asked them to join when Sai was introduced? A mission? Did it take them that long to complete it or is it just Kishimoto's convenience?
Old 2007-05-16, 07:22   Link #9
Hir0

yes! finally more Hinata, Kiba and Shino!

Shippuuden Watchers are gonna moan about this, they're gonna be waiting for months for some of their action
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 07:22   Link #10
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

aww, all of us are getting excited about team 8's return, i do wonder what those who thought that the kishi would never give old characters screen time think, guess it pays to not lose faith.
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 09:34   Link #11
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

So Kurenai is out of the picture. Well, she was pregnant, that is something to be expected. Still, I am more than glad to see, team 8, compared to the Habis. Those are the main characters, not the water guy, not the two-faced, or not the male hunter.

But, I still do not enjoy the way Kishi is arranging those teams. Konoha sends 8-member team against Akatsuki, while we are forced to consider the Habis strong enough to fight with only 4, while the reality says they are not. I wonder, till when this exaggeration will continue.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 09:35   Link #12
Nuu
Teh Sauce

seems like it will be an intresting chap... woot for return of team 8
Old 2007-05-16, 11:04   Link #13
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Seems my prediction was for a big part true....Team Kurenai joins Team Kakashi.
But then only as a big squad.

As long as Hinata doesnt die by sacrificing herself for Naruto and admits her love things are fine with me
Old 2007-05-16, 11:10   Link #14
Mists

Ugh, seems like more fan service than making-sense story line. As much as I want to see the other Genins, it just doesn't make sense. Neiji does, but there are other Jounins who could possibly do better against Akatsuki, forget the doing 'normal jobs' crap, Genins can fill that area!

I wonder if we're in a place where more characters will die, hopefully with meaning this time...Kishimoto really wants to finish this manga. I have a feeling this is the last big adventure for the genins we all love. There might be 2 more major arcs after this, but probably only involving portions of the Genins but definitely Naruto, Sasuke and the leader.

Pt 2 just doesn't do it for me......it just keeps getting lamer and more cliche.

Cat nip to cats huh...perhaps the secret weapon is "Uchiha" which means fan. Or perhaps it is that little girl which some spoilers say. This almost reminds me of 'Heroes'.............................

Bleh, something new please! I'm so tempted to just stop reading but it's been just good enough to boringly watch what will happen next.

Excuse my criticism!
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 11:24   Link #15
Ichimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
Ugh, seems like more fan service than making-sense story line. As much as I want to see the other Genins, it just doesn't make sense. Neiji does, but there are other Jounins who could possibly do better against Akatsuki, forget the doing 'normal jobs' crap, Genins can fill that area!

I wonder if we're in a place where more characters will die, hopefully with meaning this time...Kishimoto really wants to finish this manga. I have a feeling this is the last big adventure for the genins we all love. There might be 2 more major arcs after this, but probably only involving portions of the Genins but definitely Naruto, Sasuke and the leader.

Pt 2 just doesn't do it for me......it just keeps getting lamer and more cliche.

Cat nip to cats huh...perhaps the secret weapon is "Uchiha" which means fan. Or perhaps it is that little girl which some spoilers say. This almost reminds me of 'Heroes'.............................

Bleh, something new please! I'm so tempted to just stop reading but it's been just good enough to boringly watch what will happen next.

Excuse my criticism!
yeh that

more focus should be on the stronger journins, neji + glasses dude

the rest imo are scrubs.
Old 2007-05-16, 11:36   Link #16
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
yeh that

more focus should be on the stronger journins, neji + glasses dude

the rest imo are scrubs.
He is one of the coolest (ex-genins) Aburame Shino!
Ok, Naruto forgot his name but that's Naruto....i expected more of you guys
Old 2007-05-16, 11:54   Link #17
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post

Excuse my criticism!
They're not genins but chuunins. Two experienced jounins, two likely jounin-lvl ninja (Naruto and Sai), and four chuunins for support sounds about right for a normal S-rank mission. But considering that this is Akatsuki we're talking about, this type of mission should really be ANBU territory. But of course we knew that wouldn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
As long as Hinata doesnt die by sacrificing herself for Naruto and admits her love things are fine with me
So, I'm not the only one who sees the possibility of something like that happening. It would be sad for Hinata fans, but it could work. Not only does it neatly tie up the problem of what to do with Hinata should Sakura become Naruto's love interest, it also makes a good situation for Naruto to receive a standard shounen emotion-fueled power up
Old 2007-05-16, 12:29   Link #18
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
They're not genins but chuunins. Two experienced jounins, two likely jounin-lvl ninja (Naruto and Sai), and four chuunins for support sounds about right for a normal S-rank mission. But considering that this is Akatsuki we're talking about, this type of mission should really be ANBU territory. But of course we knew that wouldn't happen.
Yup. ANBU territory. It'd be a real shame if another konoha nin died, though in reality, its about time for another death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
So, I'm not the only one who sees the possibility of something like that happening. It would be sad for Hinata fans, but it could work. Not only does it neatly tie up the problem of what to do with Hinata should Sakura become Naruto's love interest, it also makes a good situation for Naruto to receive a standard shounen emotion-fueled power up
Love? What is this thing you speak of? I thought naruto was completely over sakura. I mean, since the timeskip, I don't think he's said or done even one thing that indicates he still is all googly* inside over her

*googly being a scientific term, that is in my country, which is america.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 12:51   Link #19
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post

Love? What is this thing you speak of? I thought naruto was completely over sakura. I mean, since the timeskip, I don't think he's said or done even one thing that indicates he still is all googly* inside over her
Me and 0Taku0 had a debate about this awhile ago. Basically, Naruto has shown several times post-timeskip that he probably still has a crush on Sakura (asking her out on dates, enjoying it when he's injured and she offers to help nurse him) but doesn't pursue her as strongly as he did when he was in the academy. That's understandable seeing as how Naruto has far bigger things to focus on these days. But more importantly, there are the hints of Sakura's growing feelings for Naruto, which aren't blatantly romantic, but are much improved over what they used to be.

Quote:
*googly being a scientific term, that is in my country, which is america.
Ah. I see.
Old 2007-05-16, 13:02   Link #20
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Yeah it's fanservice and Team 8's hype is due to the fact that they haven't been seen in like 8,000 chapters. They are well behind Team 7, Team Gai, Team 10, and Team Sand in importance. But it's good to get their appearance out of the way so all the teams have now done something in Part 2. I don't see them doing anymore than Ino/Chouji. But get ready for the NaruHina wank.

I am not even getting into the talking cats and magic Uchiha weaponshop run by a hot girl.

I am just curious with a large group of Konoha ninja if Kishi might kill one of them off? If Asuma could get punked by someone like Hidan, then it stands to reason the better Akatsuki should be doing some major damage. If Team 7 and Team 8 walk out of this intact it makes the Akatsuki seem even weaker. I don't see anyone from Team 7 dying. Not yet. Shino? Who cares. Kiba? Would have about the same impact as Chouji dying. Hinata? Bingo. A long death scene confessing her feeling to Naruto. But Kishimoto would never do it.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote