Notices

Old 2007-05-15, 01:48   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
[Dawn of the dead] What would you do?

i tried to post this yesterday.. but the forums died as soon as a hit reply

its been bothering me for weeks, even months and i was seriously wondering about this
When i saw the remake of Dawn of the Dead (didnt see the older movies untill MUCH later) i was seriously affraid to leave my house and terribly affraid of the scenario in which i would drive into a street that was just abandoned (in other words a fear of being alone and away from people so that i atleased know when something is going on) i didnt leave my house for the 2 days after untill i found the courage to go to the mall again (silly isnt it :x)
i had nightmares about it happening as well.. though some werent really nightmares, in one i was feeding the zombies popcorn as if they were deers being fed bread, but the idea of it happening is still kind of scarey..

so i was wondering what would you do if somehting like this actually happen, lets say tommorow or even right now, as for me, i would probably take a long time to kill myself, since im kind of a scaredy cat (no guns in the house so no sudden death for me) and will probably be eaten midway of my scaredy cat thinking of actually doing it... preparing yourself isnt an option, since it happens so sudden.. running wont help and survival rate is low since the problem of food and water due all the destruction, let alone the masses of zombies knocking on your front door...

now i was wondering, what would you do in such a situation?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 01:59   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Why not just forget about it...
Old 2007-05-15, 09:12   Link #3
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
O_O Don't be so heartless! Just because you don't know what it's like... I HATE it when people do that. ...Not that I know either.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 09:40   Link #4
toru310

Actually you can use house hold utensils as a weapon like the gas in the kitchen you can smoke the zombies and run away. Or get a butcher's knife and cut the head of so that you can't get infected. Atleast thats what I think. So after you ran away hopefully with a car go to the nearest gun store arm your self.

Oh yeah I have dreams like that but It always starts me running away from the zombies and the funny part there is the zombie can run faster than me...not fair.!! And I get eaten and I wake up.
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 09:49   Link #5
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

In a situation where zombies arise one might as well have super powers... I'ld try that first (its such a hypothetical threat that questions any logic in this world... so why bother with logic anymore when something like this happens, just use your super powers)

Last edited by Jinto; 2007-05-15 at 09:55. Reason: threat with t not d ^^'
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 09:50   Link #6
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
O_O Don't be so heartless! Just because you don't know what it's like... I HATE it when people do that. ...Not that I know either.
I meant it as in..
If you're scared of some imaginary thing your subconscious keeps bugging you as real, the best thing to do is to avoid thinking about it. Thinking about it will only prolong your days of terror =P
Old 2007-05-15, 10:01   Link #7
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

uugh just the idea already horrofies me.. butcherknife eeuwh eeuwh
i would rather take myself out and make sure that nothing horrifying happens to me rather than enjoy the scenery and kill of some zombies

i think i would enjoy myself first with food etc. before doing it.. yuck..

i still wonder though, why did it hapen in the movies, it wasnt a virus like i hear most people say, in Land of the Dead one of the richest people in the city hangs himself and then changes into a zombie without ever getting bitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I meant it as in..
If you're scared of some imaginary thing your subconscious keeps bugging you as real, the best thing to do is to avoid thinking about it. Thinking about it will only prolong your days of terror =P
that might be something that i am bothered with everyday, i am constant thinking about stories i write and about new things to write about, it is something i subconciously do automaticly, too much imagination can be quite a pain sometimes.. it doesnt scare me if i think about it right now but after having a dream about it its quite spooky
Old 2007-05-15, 10:37   Link #8
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I recommend the Zombie Survival Guide and any proverbs from Largo. Chockful of useful anti-zombie hints.

I also recommend you people stop watching movies that give you nightmares... sheesh.
Old 2007-05-15, 12:55   Link #9
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Hmmm...what would I do...?
I guess my intestines would be ripped out by some zombie, I'd then die and become a zombie myself, after which I would feed on human flesh.
Old 2007-05-15, 13:12   Link #10
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I recommend the Zombie Survival Guide and any proverbs from Largo. Chockful of useful anti-zombie hints.

I also recommend you people stop watching movies that give you nightmares... sheesh.
he he that might be a good idea but where is the fun in that, i watched it because the original was a real classic, even if i never saw it then but i remember looking at the many horror video boxes as a small child and some titles always stayed in my mind (halloween, friday 13th and Childs play), normally now a days the horror movies are so cheesy, some are goo but most of them were just made to gore people out without having a scary line in it, youre just horrified but not affraid afterwards.. besides i didnt know it was going to be that scary.. when i started watching i was thinking of turning it off but what most people then tend to do (including me) is still take a sneak peak, my doggie was my life line togethr with my pillow lol, ive seen many horror movies but non of them are too realistic that can just occur in the real world (okay zombies i agree not so real worldish but the time settlement and characters are just normal people in from our daily life) either that or my wide interest of all things horror, i got tons of vampire and werewolf guide books full of world wide legends dating back to the dark ages, you could say that i was curious as well of how zombies would be portrait since people always think of staggering corpses that moan and slowlly devour you if you dont run away
Old 2007-05-15, 13:14   Link #11
Lelouch
Phaeton

i reckon i'll be ok since most zombie flicks are based in the USA. only 28 days/week later are in the uk afaik
Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 13:23   Link #12
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
i reckon i'll be ok since most zombie flicks are based in the USA. only 28 days/week later are in the uk afaik
aah, thats what i think when im watching other scary movis, it happens in a small summer camp in the US.. nothing wrong here *curls up* nope.. nothing .. wrong.. here
Old 2007-05-15, 13:29   Link #13
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

You guys ever watched Shaun of the Dead?

First we gather all the remaining survivers and go to a bar. Then we'll get some nice cool beer and put our minds at ease.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 13:30   Link #14
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Join the armed forces, fight back i guess anyway i can
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 16:27   Link #15
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Zombie movies are quite dumb, IMO.

I for once, have never understood "zombie logic" at all

They chase down people to eat them, and yet, when it comes down to it they never actually do it; The zombies just gave the victims a few bites so that they become zombies as well, wich in turn makes the whole hunting for food all the more difficult for all the other zombies.

It kinda kills the purpose of chasing people in the first place.
Old 2007-05-15, 16:42   Link #16
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
They chase down people to eat them, and yet, when it comes down to it they never actually do it; The zombies just gave the victims a few bites so that they become zombies as well, wich in turn makes the whole hunting for food all the more difficult for all the other zombies.
I see Im not the only one who is perplexed by this.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 16:46   Link #17
Forizzlefazz

It would depend on who I was with. If I was alone... :O
If I had a big group of people, I'd get weapons and it'd be fun to whack all their heads off.
Forizzlefazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 17:20   Link #18
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
mmmm, it'd be like a video game come to life for me... i'd prolly use my bat and claymore(yes i have a sword in my house...) and wack some zombies till i got to my truck then just drive to the gun store and pilfer some guns and lots of ammo... then go zombie hunting...

as for watching scarry/horror flicks... i'm totally desensitized towards gore & violence, i've seen too many horror movies, played too many violent games and watch too many gory video clips online... it takes a lot to even make me flinch let alone be scared...

pertaining to the dreams, i have lots of wierd dreams, nightmares included... to be honest i rather enjoy my nightmares, if u can even call them that, since they don't scare me... its like a movie in my head, and I'm the star!
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 18:54   Link #19
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

If something like Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, or [enter name of some other generic zombie film], I would....

Scream and run around in circles.
I know, I'm a coward. T_T
Old 2007-05-15, 19:54   Link #20
no common sense
Resident Asshole

I work shifts at the command center for USAFA, we have a checklist for everything. Sometimes I wonder if we have a classified checklist for zombies. But if there was it would be between the checklists for aliens and the checklists for Godzilla.
no common sense is offline   Reply With Quote