Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-13, 10:27   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Background Music from anime movies

recently ive been a lot into the beautifull music that anime movies hold, i was wondering if anyone could provide me with more titles of movies that have beautifull classical music played through out the movie (you can provide series as well, but there is a big chance that i have seen the series and own the music, let alone after all this time i havent come across a series with music simulair to Princess Monoke or Howl's moving castle, thats why im putting them as my main example)

here are some examples of what i mean

- Spirited away
- Howl's moving castle
- Princess Mononoke

the year count doesnt matter, mostly because beautifull classic music doesnt have a creation date duration, meaning that it will always remain beautifull and will never run out of date (Mononoke's from 1997 for example but it still fits in the 2007 age if you ask me because it is so pretty)

thank you for your time to respond
Old 2007-05-13, 14:21   Link #2
Rahan

Well, the three movies you mentionned had the same composer, Joe Hisaishi who has worked an all Myazaki movies since Nausicaa, so I'll start by mentionning all their collaborations :

Kaze no Tani no Naushika
Tenkû no Shiro Rapyuta
Totari no Totoro
Majo no Takkyubin
Kurenai no Buta.

He also worked on almost all Takeshi Kitano movies, if you are into live-action japanese cinema. The Kikujiro no Natsu OST is his materpiece IMHO.

I can't think of any other anime movies with really memorable soundtrack. Even the other Ghibli have a rather bland soundtrack.
Old 2007-05-13, 18:11   Link #3
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I guess we can count Kenshin movie in a similar way (considering the ost of the original anime), although, many times, the music gives a thriller feeling - so not suggested if you ask for something peaceful and quiet. Still, the quality is pretty high on many of those pieces.
Old 2007-05-14, 05:48   Link #4
miaka

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo - very nice movie same with bgm too.
escaflowne - maybe you've already knew this one
Old 2007-05-14, 10:45   Link #5
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
thank youf or your responses, i think this will be able to feed my new found addiction lol
and yes escaflowne and kenshin are not going on the list since i already have them ^^
Old 2007-05-14, 15:11   Link #6
sothis

Place Promised in our Early Days (aka beyond the clouds) has a beautiful and haunting violin piece as the title track, as well as gorgeous music throughout.

Voices of a Distant Star (same creator as beyond the clouds) also has beautiful music, though I can't off hand remember if it's classical.

Gauche the Cellist is about classical music and all, so the soundtrack follows suit.

Princess Tutu is set to the music of the Nutcracker

Violinist of Hameln is also based on music, and has classic classical tunes.

That's just a few, I'll add more when I think of them...
Old 2007-05-15, 17:47   Link #7
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
recently ive been a lot into the beautifull music that anime movies hold, i was wondering if anyone could provide me with more titles of movies that have beautifull classical music played through out the movie (you can provide series as well, but there is a big chance that i have seen the series and own the music, let alone after all this time i havent come across a series with music simulair to Princess Monoke or Howl's moving castle, thats why im putting them as my main example)

here are some examples of what i mean

- Spirited away
- Howl's moving castle
- Princess Mononoke

the year count doesnt matter, mostly because beautifull classic music doesnt have a creation date duration, meaning that it will always remain beautifull and will never run out of date (Mononoke's from 1997 for example but it still fits in the 2007 age if you ask me because it is so pretty)

thank you for your time to respond
This kind of stuff is usually just called orchestral or symphonic music rather then classical music, for obvious reasons. You might want to try some other Ghibli films, most have great scores by the same composer. I'd reccomend Whisper of the Heart as well, there isn't as much music as Mononoke but the stuff that's there is really good. Oddly enough, Love Hina 's OST is a half-symphonic soundtrack, with some great music, though the anime itself is so-so.

If you want real classical music, look no further then Nodame Cantabile, because it's an anime about classical music

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Closed Thread