AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-03-27, 20:47   Link #1
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

DJ Max Portable 1 & 2

Surprised people have mentioned Ouendan before in here but not DJ Max Portable, the Konami Beatmania style rhythm game

Anyway, can't wait for the sequel this Friday! Those of you with a PSP should check it out and the single song demo that's up on the site just now!

http://www.djmax.co.kr/

Personally I think it's better than Ouendan. Songs aren't as catchy but the game has lots of content! Over 50 songs in three levels of difficulty; each song with at least 2 more different note patterns in each difficulty level. Then there's an addition of over 300 unlockable items, some that are mods to give the songs even more variety such as fading notes or speeded up songs. If only they'll add more content to Ouendan's sequel too...

If you want to see some vids of the game in action, you can always find some on everyone's favourite site Youtube.

Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 23:34   Link #2
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Already own the 1st, what makes you think I won't get the 2nd one? Tsch, I'm still hoping for one or two to cancel their Orpheus Package ~Night Black~ or ~Metallic Silver~ on the 30th D: *crosses fingers* Already own the Vocal Paradigm, just hope I atleast get my hands on the OST or ima have to buy it off Ebay from someone.
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 01:02   Link #3
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Don't forget the Gold Edition that's suppose to be release in Japan. Hopefully I'll get my hands on one of those if my connection is right.
Theres a gold one now!?

*Finished searching abit*

Now I need to find where in the world I can buy this online or it's twice the price on Ebay for me most likely.
Old 2007-03-28, 01:27   Link #4
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Heh Figures, I'll just probably wait and see how it all goes, if not I'll just wait for a seller. Played the demo, not enough D: I'll just play DJMP1 till I get my copy.

I don't think Pentavision knows that DJ Max Portable is quite popular on PSP worldwide, doesn't quite make sense why make very few stocks on the limit edition(If it's money they want), although there are rumours where DJMP2 may see daylight outside of Japan/Korea, who knows.
Old 2007-03-28, 04:48   Link #5
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Sorry to hear you guys didn't manage to secure a copy. I kept checking the PA site almost every hour or something and still missed the first session of pre-ordering. Luckily there was a second session.

As for the "Champagne Gold" version, it's a fake and Pentavision has confirmed it. The popup notice appeared shortly after the gold version went on pre-order status on the GDEX website. Thus, they were asked to remove the product by Pentavision and that's why you can't find any info on the retailer's site anymore - Just a blank "sold out" page.

http://xcomp.gamebrink.com/?p=693

Someone probably came up with the idea after looking at the gold PSP that got released with Monster Hunter Portable 2. Nice photoshop work, though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
Heh Figures, I'll just probably wait and see how it all goes, if not I'll just wait for a seller. Played the demo, not enough D: I'll just play DJMP1 till I get my copy.

I don't think Pentavision knows that DJ Max Portable is quite popular on PSP worldwide, doesn't quite make sense why make very few stocks on the limit edition(If it's money they want), although there are rumours where DJMP2 may see daylight outside of Japan/Korea, who knows.
Well, I think they do know since they made an "International Version" of the first game and now added in English support directly into DJMP2. Then there's the World Ranking feature too.

I think if they made too many copies of the LEs then the collector's value wouldn't be so great. I saw a single copy appear on Ebay for double the price the last time I checked and it's sold.
Old 2007-03-28, 18:42   Link #6
Lebron
I hear voices

hmm, never heard of this game before, but it looks interesting. I may have to check it out, always looking for more games to add to the PSP library
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 18:51   Link #7
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
It's like one of the hottest selling psp games on play-asia.
Yea, it's actually a good game for the PSP, shocking isn't it?

Quote:
Spoiler:
LIES!
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 20:08   Link #8
Lebron
I hear voices

PSP has good games, it just seems the good ones are the ones that are less advertised. Most of the highly advertised ones I've played were meh
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 20:27   Link #9
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

You can try out the demo at the official site. It's a brilliant music game!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Well, that was random XD
Old 2007-03-29, 22:10   Link #10
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

Quote:
DJMP2 opening promotional movie. Looks good, the anticipation is killing me. Have to try to get my hands on LE Night Black.

Edit: I just noticed the DJM mascot band just lost their drummer.
don't worry.. play-asia is going to have a bunch more for pre-order anywhere from now until the end of tomorrow so keep checking back. I didn't know this till recently and cancelled my preorder of the standered edition.

ARG! can't wait.. I'm refreshing the page constantly lol.

EDIT: also for those of you that havent tried playing the first and wanna test it out, there is an MMO game for PC which is all in korean, however its REALLY easy to figure out and includes most of the songs from DJ Max Portable 1.

Site to download and register: http://game.netmarble.jp/cpsite/djmax/
DJ Max community for PC version & Registering Guide: http://djmaxint.net.ms/

Last edited by lithium9mm; 2007-03-29 at 22:43.
lithium9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:18   Link #11
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

lol... yeah I could've gotten the silver one, but its all about the black one ^_^ I'm usually persistant so hopefully it'll pay off

I'll keep you informed the MOMENT its there and ready to preorder

Last edited by lithium9mm; 2007-03-29 at 22:43.
Old 2007-03-29, 22:36   Link #12
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

Quote:
You know you could've gotten the silver and sold it twice on ebay, and maybe make off with some pocket cash.
true, however I not in it for the money.. I just want my shiney limited edition and I usually hate being swindled so I chose not to be the swindleee... lol swindle-e?

EDIT:

Quote:
Edit:

Kind of makes me wonder if the site is going to crash when everyone is trying to preorder at the same time, happens with amazon.
I don't think that'll happen because the silver edition has been available pretty much all day until a few hours ago so I'd expect the same for the other version too.. however its hard to tell at this point

Last edited by lithium9mm; 2007-03-29 at 22:51.
Old 2007-03-29, 23:09   Link #13
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

well, all I can say then is lets hop on the bandwagon and crash play-asia lol

arg.. so much refreshing. I'll freak out once its finally there.
Old 2007-03-29, 23:34   Link #14
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

Looks like theres still some Silver bundles on play-asia .. anyone interested, act now.
Old 2007-03-29, 23:42   Link #15
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

another handy piece of info for those of you wanting both editions it seems they're limiting it to 1 limited edition per person, so I think your right kayos, I think people are cancelling since they can only have 1 or the other and everyone wants Night Black

yay?
Old 2007-03-30, 01:13   Link #16
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

My Metallic Silver is already shipped =D~~~~ *Drools* ... 4-7 days arrgghhh *pulls hair* Although it's odd, Play-Asia removed the "Limited to 500pcs" on DJ Max Portable 2 Orpheus Package ~Metallic Silver~.... Whats up with that?

I'm playing the 1st one for now again I guess :/ till mines arrive.

Edit: So you guys are waiting for the Night Black? rofl... >>; way to go... we'll that will probably be more rare than Metallic Silver I guess. I'm happy with mines coming.
Old 2007-03-30, 01:44   Link #17
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Kayos! Today is your lucky day =P Play-Asia just started taking pre-orders now for NB! Go Go Go! D:

Seems like they have also removed the "Limited to 500pcs" on the ~Night Black~... Now I wonder how many they have.. >>; Maybe I should... or maybe not.. meh lol
Old 2007-03-30, 01:55   Link #18
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Congrats, now we can all just relax and wait for ours to come. I wish I could buy the ~Night Black~ too *Has college/cell/etc bills to take care of* D: Don't wanna risk that and come out with butterflys on my pocket. x_x
Old 2007-03-30, 03:48   Link #19
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

blah, woke up at 1:47am which is right now and just noticed! got mine... shipping is hella expensive tho.. cheapest was like $50
Old 2007-03-30, 10:56   Link #20
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

Quote:
Double Posting News Update: Possible Mass Bootleg of DJ Max 2 package from Play Asia. Check out the difference.

Spoiler:

Metallic is sold out now.
hmm.. well, I'm glad it was only for the silver one.. which is now currently sold out too and I'm really glad I woke up when I did because yeah.. black sold out much quicker. Even if the remaining Silver ones were bootleg, I think the cover art for the game looks better than the legit version lol, but meh. We gots our Night Black so yay for us

sidenotes: I think shipping was more expensive for me since I live in Canada.. there will probably be border taxes and CODs and all that fun stuff too.. in the end this'll cost me about $300 O_O.. OH also, I noticed play-asia doubled thier price from what the limited editions are originally worth too.. it used to be $98 US and they upped it to about $167... supply and demand I guess

EDIT: Leaderboards are already being filled! DAY 1 of DJ Max Portable 2 begins!! http://www.djmax.co.kr/

Last edited by lithium9mm; 2007-03-30 at 11:14.