AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2007-03-20, 21:01   Link #1
Ledgem
Love Yourself

"Today's Birthdays" display?

I did a search and I couldn't find any post referencing this, so my apologies if it's already been discussed. I was just wondering what happened to the "Today's Birthdays" that used to be displayed above the "currently active users" display. I'm guessing it was turned off for optimizing server processing power... any intent to turn it back on? I know that whenever I had free time I used to enjoy seeing the profiles, date of last activity, and ages (if available) of people who had birthdays on that particular day.
Old 2007-03-21, 02:28   Link #2
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I've enabled the feature again. I can't guarantee it'll stay that way, but we'll have to see what kind of impact it has on load. But so far so good (however impact on load is hard to tell in the morning when traffic is at a low point).
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 04:07   Link #3
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

It would be interesting/curious if the feature is still around come May 17 & 18.
Old 2007-03-21, 04:43   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ GHDpro-san
> "I've enabled the feature again. I can't guarantee it'll stay that way, but we'll have to see what kind of impact it has on load. But so far so good (however impact on load is hard to tell in the morning when traffic is at a low point)."
I doubt it's anything great, most likely turning on the switch that will make Vb store the Css in a seperate file will make more of a diffrence then this. //the Css is probably ~5-6k at most, so it make practicly no diffrence if it's cached or not

BTW what is this "morning" ?!
Old 2007-03-21, 05:17   Link #5
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
BTW what is this "morning" ?!
UTC / GMT.

Load is at it's lowest point at around 10:00 UTC, and at it's highest point in the late evening (UTC).
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 23:30   Link #6
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
It would be interesting/curious if the feature is still around come May 17 & 18.
then would those two date happen to fall on your birthday, Daniel E? ^_^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 17:55   Link #7
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
then would those two date happen to fall on your birthday, Daniel E? ^_^
Well, the second one happens to be my birthday, and the other one is the birthday of several of my friends here on the forum. I am just kinda curious to see how many people have their birthdays listed on those two days as well.
Old 2008-11-18, 11:19   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Is there some reason I don't see myself listed in Today's Birthdays when it is my birthday? I got the automated email greeting at 00:01 GMT this morning, but my name doesn't appear at the bottom of the front page. I see entries for three other members, but none for myself. Does it not list the logged-in user?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 11:25   Link #9
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Is there some reason I don't see myself listed in Today's Birthdays when it is my birthday? I got the automated email greeting at 00:01 GMT this morning, but my name doesn't appear at the bottom of the front page. I see entries for three other members, but none for myself. Does it not list the logged-in user?
Did you Put in (Edit Your Details ----> Date of Birth ----> Privacy ---> Display only Day and month of Birth)....I guess That the Problem ?
Old 2008-11-18, 11:36   Link #10
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I checked that before, Chaos-san. I had "display only age" as the choice and thought that was the correct one. I've since reset it to show full date of birth, any my birthday now appears on the front page.

I found the options presented confusing. The instructions say "Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum," which isn't very specific. I figured if I selected "Display Age and Full Date of Birth" it would put my date of birth under my avatar in every posting.

Thanks!

Edit Thanks to all of you who wished me a happy birthday. For the record, I did not post this question simply to generate greetings, but I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-11-18 at 11:49. Reason: not shilling for b-day greetings
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote