Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2006-06-20, 09:55   Link #1
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
"silently updated" torrent

The torrent shown on http://animesuki.sandwich.net/details.php/17594.html has the wrong total file size.

When I initially released this batch torrent, I released the one with whole bunch of unwanted files together with it. (Old individual torrent files, older releases we replaced, etc). Since then, I re-released another torrent with clean set of files.

The file name/URL of this torrent file remained exactly the same. Obviously, the file hashes are different.

Looks like the animesuki spider caught the difference, and updated the associated hash in the database (thus it's showing correct peers/seeds information), but didn't update the file size.

It's a very minor detail, but I just wanted to point it out.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 11:35   Link #2
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Hmm, seems like I'll have to have a look at the scripts to look for why they're not updating
the filesize (while still updating everything else when I try to do a "rescan")...

Edit:
Found it -- the "rescan" code only updates "torrent" data, while filesize is considered part
of the "release" information (in the AS backend database you have a "release" with the same
group/series/episode/crc/filesize which can have multiple "torrents" with different trackers/urls/infohash etc).

Instead of patching this old code (as in, not updatd in years) I suppose the best thing would be
to just rewrite it all together, so I'll see if I have some time for that tomorrow.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 02:35   Link #3
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Rewrite complete -- torrent entry fixed.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote