Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-05-21, 13:38   Link #1
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
3 years already and still shedding a tear

over Fllay's death... Still dont understand why they needed to kill her, it was the character that suffered the most and that had the most interresting evolution all over the serie. i guess japanese dont like to see people with doubt, fear and hate in their heart survive or be a main character... stupid polls.

Anyway i rewatch a few episode this weekend and if anyone know the name of the funky music that is played during the fight between freedom and the 3 junkies (first apparition of the junkies and their MS, i think it was during episod 38~39) i would appreciate if he could give the name of that music

Last edited by D a m i e n; 2006-05-21 at 13:57.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 13:57   Link #2
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

cmon, who would want to see her Mwu'd up in GSD?

its fine the way it is. besides, she's a <Bad Word>
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 14:15   Link #3
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Gas cloud?

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2006-05-21 at 14:51.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 14:17   Link #4
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I get a little emotional, but only because of Kira and not really Fllay.

I mean...he goes through the whole series (well, at least after the first 1/8th of it) thinking that Fllay really changed her view and really liked him finally, not ever knowing that she only wanted to use him as her own personal tool of revenge.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 16:31   Link #5
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I mean...he goes through the whole series (well, at least after the first 1/8th of it) thinking that Fllay really changed her view and really liked him finally, not ever knowing that she only wanted to use him as her own personal tool of revenge.
Except Fllay ended up really falling in love with Kira, she realized this after he "died" when Strike went MIA.

I hated her and I liked her. I dunno. She was an interesting dynamic character.

When they found out both were alive, they practically went bonkers If they HAD reunited I bet we would've seen yet another controversial scene Just like how Fllay kept hallucinating Kira, Kira ended up hallucinating Fllay whenever Lacus was around.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 17:23   Link #6
neoko

If Fllay didn't die, Kira probably would have gotten his ass kicked by providence.

I do agree though, she's a character that can be liked and disliked at the same time. I did end up wanting Kira and her to reunite at the end
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 18:14   Link #7
cloudedge

I never liked Fllay but I must admit she's probably one of the most intriguing.. (ok.. maybe second to rau) character... I don't think Fukada/Morosawa would know how to deal with her though if she lived, which is why they killed her, for Lacus convinence >.>;
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 18:18   Link #8
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoko
If Fllay didn't die, Kira probably would have gotten his ass kicked by providence.
I agree. Had she not died, I don't think Kira would have been pushed over the edge and into destroying Rau.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 18:18   Link #9
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedge
I never liked Fllay but I must admit she's probably one of the most intriguing.. (ok.. maybe second to rau) character... I don't think Fukada/Morosawa would know how to deal with her though if she lived, which is why they killed her, for Lacus convinence >.>;
They don't need to do anything with her. Just let her be with Kira and let Lacus join the PLANT council.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 01:31   Link #10
crystar
*yawns*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I thought it was the other way around. I thought it was tragic for Fllay to die before she could tell Kira that she actually liked him (without any ulterior motives).
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 03:12   Link #11
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
I must have a wicked mind because i never considered Fllay a *insert swearword*, instead of that i was very touch by her character. She was the most human and the most realistic character in term of reaction. There is no way a 16 old teenager would enlist in the army and be strong enought to keep up with the stress of war, she is a meer civilian who get caught in the fury of war and breaksdown due to stress, death of her father and fear. It s also natural for anyone to have some racist reaction especially when you are in war with the same, and i dont think she was the same kind as the blue cosmos guys, when she is ask if she is a blue cosmos she is shocked about this question. I also think she fell in love with Kira before he goes MIA, you can see her taking care of him, cleaning the cockpit, of course one could argue that she is taking care of her "weapon/bodyguard", but if you hate someone at the point of wanting him to die you let him in his filth and just dont care about him (weak argument i agree). anyway i still think it was unneeded to kill her, she was a far more realistik character than Lacus (ho my father id dead *not shedding a tear* i ll just keep on going, start a new faction and keep singing)

Making her end up with kira would have had a bigger meaning mutual forgiveness, nation overcoming fear of eachother. They could have become an icone of mutual forgiveness between 2 nations since both character have sins to atone for. But instead of that they decide to only let the coordinator survive and to make athrun/ kagali be the pseudo icone of union between the nation, but Orb is not earth they only want to keep their special status trying to isolate themselves from other nation (dont get me wrong not willing to be part of war is very noble but from what i could see is that Orb was kinda imbue of themselves full of pride).
Lacus is too perfect not holding any grundge against anyone for the death of her father... (talk about nonesense). What i think is that the scryptwritter only wanted to glorify coordinator and character with high status in society, of course letting kira (a commoner) alive since he is here for the weakly design argument that commoner can be hero, but that argument is ruined by the fact that he is the only main commoner character surviving (Mirria is not really a main character since her role is minimal and let s not even mention that glass wearing dude what was his name... ho yeah Sai).

IMO the character that should have died to atone for his sins was ysak. he is a soldier, i asume he should have receive mental training, and also be taught the law of the war (killing civilian is BAD) but instead of that he just go against orders, let his pride dictate his action and kill civilian for being annoying... compared to what Fllay did and what she had to go throug he should have died 15 times (his gay haircut alone was a reason enought to get him )

As far as to get her Mwued.... would be lame but who know what scryptwritters could come up with, maybe a cryogenic moss that is release inside the pod upon detecting air leek (the same type of thing that is used in Demolition Man checked the car crash scene). On the other hand would be funny to see Lacus reaction to Fllay reapparition and Kira's reaction (maybe Fllay would be the first person Lacus would want to get ride of lol) but i guess Fllay would step aside in order not to hinder Kira's relation since it would be for her her penitence

Blah i ll stop the rant here, i m beating a dead horse anyway and i m not making sense anymore
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 08:38   Link #12
otacu
Flag forever

True true. Fllay was one of the best characters of GSEED. Well developed and one of the more "human" and realistic ones. She has flaws but... hey who doesn't? And she has really suffered during the war.
I liked her from the start.
But people called her **** (insert random bad word) and despised her. Why? Because people don't want "realistic" characters or characters with flaws... they seek ideals and perfection... so Lacus is the favourite SEED girl ever...

I mean... Lacus! A robot! Always calm, always in control... she always knows what to do and say... like a ultimate goddess who holds the real "TRUTH".

I like many times better a real charachter like Fllay than that fake pop-idol-politician that has less emotions than a robot.

When Fllay died it was really a sad scene but i still enjoyed it cause you can recognise a GREAT character even when she is dying. It was epic.
And do not forget this simple fact: if she had survived the war Kira would have undoubtely choosen her (he didn't wanted to kiss Lacus before the last battle) and it was clear that they loved each other in the end.
This would have lead to much more better GSDestiny.... at least we wouldn't have had Saint Kira. He would have been more... "human" and interesting.

Fllay FTW!!!!
otacu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 09:20   Link #13
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by otacu
if she had survived the war Kira would have undoubtely choosen her (he didn't wanted to kiss Lacus before the last battle) and it was clear that they loved each other in the end.
I thought about this too and I completely agee. After all, Fllay was his dream girl when the series started, plus she was his first girlfriend too. They even slept together
I haven't rewatched the series for 2 years or so, but I bet I would still shed a few tears even knowing what would happen.

On the bright side though. We got Fllay v2.0 in destiny
Fllay =upgrade=> Meyrin
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 11:49   Link #14
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
She has flaws but... hey who doesn't?
Lacus.

That's why some people call Frey a bitch, because the contrast between Cosmic Princess and Ordinary But Fucked Up Human is too great and they won't think about or analyze her behaviour - they simply degrade the character and call it a "bitch", and in their mind that's all there's too it.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 12:25   Link #15
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Morally speaking, it's not like Frey can stand the comparison to Miriallia or Murrue, either. No need to blame it on Lacus. Heck, I disliked Frey before Lacus ever appeared.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 12:55   Link #16
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Lacus.

That's why some people call Frey a bitch, because the contrast between Cosmic Princess and Ordinary But Fucked Up Human is too great and they won't think about or analyze her behaviour - they simply degrade the character and call it a "bitch", and in their mind that's all there's too it.
Sadly enough that is true. People use that word too often without trying to understand the situation. I think it degenerates the entire post when people use that word. Not everytime if they can back it up, but in most cases they can´t.

Flay is, IMO, an underestimated character. She was a great character with an interesting impact on the main character and the story.

My sister bought me a pink, fluffy, Haro-doll for birthday present.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 13:24   Link #17
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Lacus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
Sadly enough that is true. People use that word too often without trying to understand the situation. I think it degenerates the entire post when people use that word. Not everytime if they can back it up, but in most cases they canīt.

Flay is, IMO, an underestimated character. She was a great character with an interesting impact on the main character and the story.
Quotes for truth.

I also thought she was quite well-done as a character, and she certainly impressed me in the final few episodes.
Old 2006-05-22, 14:54   Link #18
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

Well, she sure created some contrast in the otherwise booring SEED universe.
Gundam needs more psycho women, it never fails I say! If Flay had gone all Katejina Loos on us *shudder*
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 14:55   Link #19
Ryuujin

Ironically, Fllay only died because Kira was a complete idiot, drawing Rau's attention to the shuttle and then forgetting Providence had remote weapons (Kira: OMG I save you! Rau: Sorry, lol *shoots from a different direction* )...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 14:58   Link #20
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Pimp
If Flay had gone all Katejina Loos on us *shudder*
Well, I'm glad she didn't. Katejina was just simply annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin
Ironically, Fllay only died because Kira was a complete idiot, drawing Rau's attention to the shuttle and then forgetting Providence had remote weapons (Kira: OMG I save you! Rau: Sorry, lol *shoots from a different direction* )...
Although that's true, I hated Rau just at that moment for taking the time to kill bystanders. I mean he preached about how Kira should die, yet when he got the chance while Kira was distracted, he didn't try to shoot him.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote