AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2003-12-10, 02:58   Link #1
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Send a message via AIM to get_a_life
question for the fansubbers

im sorry if this thread isnt exactly about anime but i was wondering if there are any people that are in a definite fansub group that wouldnt mind being interviewed (via email or aim).

i know i should contact the fansubgroups directly but i figured forums are much more active and a lot of people read them. so please, any fan subbers out there willing to be interviewed for a project im doing?

okay in detail its for an essay based on subcultures within subcultures. i need a group to interview that share a commonality, obviously its anime. and within this group that loves anime so much, is a mini subculture of kids that also like other things too. what im trying to get at is to trace the reasons why they do it. some examples of the interview questiosn are:

- each person's other interests
- why the group is together
- what keeps them together
- what makes them gravitate to eachother
- what does anime do for them
- what do they think anime and anime-clubs/groups does for society

cmon people! i'll immortalize you through words!!

and if it helps, my main topic is:

what role does the subculture serve for insiders, and what potential contribution could it provide to the broader american society?

dont get me wrong, im not asking you to do my hw, i just need people to interview as resources to cite from

Last edited by get_a_life; 2003-12-10 at 04:25.
get_a_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 04:47   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I think that it sounds really interesting. Assuming that your interview subjects agree, would it be possible to post the essay here when you are done?

Ideally, would you be looking to interview several members of the same group to help you compare their differing roles? Or would it be better if you interviewed members of different groups so that you have a cross-section comparing the way different groups operate? Perhaps a mix of both would be good.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 05:07   Link #3
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I think that it sounds really interesting. Assuming that your interview subjects agree, would it be possible to post the essay here when you are done?

Ideally, would you be looking to interview several members of the same group to help you compare their differing roles? Or would it be better if you interviewed members of different groups so that you have a cross-section comparing the way different groups operate? Perhaps a mix of both would be good.
id prefer if it was the same group. and yes to compare each individual's crutial rolls that take part in the fansub process. well actually its not the process im talking about, its the bond that keep them all together, whether they meet only online, in person or both. and its importance to society based upon a larger scale of the general idea of belonging to certain groups, be it psychological, social, emotional, and/or ideological reasons.

and if i get a good grade for it, yes i'll post it. lol. or may be before so i can get some raw crits from everyone. afterall, i am representing the anime community in my engl1A class. w00t.
Old 2003-12-10, 05:42   Link #4
BakaSan
Totemo Baka

Send a message via AIM to BakaSan
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by get_a_life
I like long walks in the park, candle light dinners, and super hot monkey sex.

Quote:
Well, we met each other a long time ago... in fact I don't remember much. I was being wieghed... and maybe snot sucked from nose I think.

Quote:
We're joined at the hip.

Quote:
We have no life.

Quote:
It gets us off specially that Green Green TV! w00t!

Quote:
We are the saving grace of society. Without us you'd all be going to hell in a handbasket!

Quote:
cmon people! i'll immortalize you through words!!
I await immortalization.
BakaSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 05:53   Link #5
aznkoodies
[asian - coo - deez]

Send a message via AIM to aznkoodies
haha, I don't think he was looking for those type of replies..

With these types of interviews, you failed your engl1A class paper, get_a_life.

EDIT: roflmao@get_a_life's reply

Last edited by aznkoodies; 2003-12-10 at 06:12.
aznkoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 06:06   Link #6
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkoodies
haha, I don't think he was looking for those type of replies..

With these types of interviews, you failed your engl1A class paper, get_a_life.
would you believe im crying right now?

lol. ugh i guess people arent serious enough about my topic as i am, i mean its for my final essay for anime's sake!! and we dont have a final so really, this essay is my final exam!! be serious people! my grade is depends on your feed back!! (not entirely... )

man... bakasan is really a baka...

thanks for responding though. at least you have the consideration and time to reply. not like the other "far-greater-than-you" fansubberes that arent responding ;p j/k

bakasan, you remind me of me, only not as cool. but thats still cool. but get serious! BAKA!!!
Old 2003-12-10, 06:22   Link #7
BakaSan
Totemo Baka

Send a message via AIM to BakaSan
Well, I couldnt help you anyways since Im not really a group. Unless you count my touching myself as a group activity. Anyways, you are right... Im not like those other high and mighty gods. Im in this game to get famous, spite my enemies, sell my subs, and to commit just about any sin defined by the fansub community. Maybe you will hear back from some group really wanting to help you out. gl
BakaSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 07:01   Link #8
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
While a lot people do read the forums, I don't think a lot would bother to respond in the open. You'd stand a better chance by going to the channels of the groups you have in mind for interviewing. Also going to their channel in person and asking them in person makes it feel more personal instead of making this look like just some street side survey that lots of people hate.
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 07:03   Link #9
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaSan
Well, I couldnt help you anyways since Im not really a group. Unless you count my touching myself as a group activity. Anyways, you are right... Im not like those other high and mighty gods. Im in this game to get famous, spite my enemies, sell my subs, and to commit just about any sin defined by the fansub community. Maybe you will hear back from some group really wanting to help you out. gl
may be if i cause some rukus in the forums to get noticed. sigh.

really wanting to help me out? HAR HAR HAR! they're too busy ensuring the quality of their d/ls as they tip toe throughout the forums for any negative remarks in hopes of using the data to catch any microscopic fault in their release bc you know, freaks out there will catch that millisecond mistake and blame them for such a bad release.

SIGH. ITS ALREADY 2:02 AND I STILL HAVE NO INFO.
Old 2003-12-10, 07:37   Link #10
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth
While a lot people do read the forums, I don't think a lot would bother to respond in the open. You'd stand a better chance by going to the channels of the groups you have in mind for interviewing. Also going to their channel in person and asking them in person makes it feel more personal instead of making this look like just some street side survey that lots of people hate.
i should huh? thank you for the advice rayearth
Old 2003-12-10, 07:38   Link #11
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy

hmm, I aren't very sure. But they all like to play online games, like Gunbound, Ragnarok, Shattered Galaxy, Warcraft 3 and many many more, and also of course watching animation and a little fight ^^. Basically, fansubbers are just normal people also ^^

Well, what can I say, We just love animes!! ^_^ But that's not really the point lolz. We started off with the aim to produce high video quality anime encodes and to be a fansubber of course ^^ We're big fans of fansubbing. Maybe if you could give a more clearer question, I might be able to give a much better answer on this question of yours.

Well what keeps on together till today, that's what you mean I suppose? Hmmm well... I suppose it's the passion and the faith. Fansubbing maybe be stressful and hard and sometimes annoying. But at the end of the day when the anime is finally released, everyone is happy ^_^ and watching the joys and smiles of those who watched our releases, we find happiness in fansubbing ^_^ and that's what makes it fun for us I suppose, the joy and smiles of others. Well, faith is what is most important for a group to stick together. I suppose it's because of the strong faith that we can make it, that keeps us together even in our darkest hours, though I seen alot of people who left because they have no faith.. sigh...

Aren't very sure what u mean on this... Sorry.... But I'll sort of give an answer on what I think the question is about.. Maybe I will give another answer if you need it.
Anyway, here's my answer.

Hmmm I suppose it's because of mutual respect for one another I suppose. And maybe the fun of being able to fight with each other? I have no idea...

hmm the answer for this vary from people to people. So I'll just give a short answer.

Anime open up the world of others.

Well hmm,, this is very hard...
I suppose animes was meant to bring joy to people life and to spread the meaning of some things. You can learn many things from watching animes. And anime-clubs/groups which I think you are rerfering to as fansub groups, helps by making it possible to allow people from all over the world to join in this anime fun instead of just people in Japan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope my answer has helped you, but then again, I could just be talking crap without knowing it ^^
holyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 07:44   Link #12
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

This thread isn't intended as a questionaire. get_a_life hopes that people will choose to PM him and he can question question them in that way. Nobody is expected to answer in the open as Rayearth suggests. Hopefully he'll get some PMs. Of course this thread has only been open a few hours so there's still a pretty good chance that an interested party might notice it.

Of course get_a_life might benefit from Rayearth's suggestion to go to their IRC channels to ask them there. That's how you track and hunt fansubbers in the wild. You need to seek out their native habitat - Irc.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-10, 08:35   Link #13
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
This thread isn't intended as a questionaire. get_a_life hopes that people will choose to PM him and he can question question them in that way. Nobody is expected to answer in the open as Rayearth suggests. Hopefully he'll get some PMs. Of course this thread has only been open a few hours so there's still a pretty good chance that an interested party might notice it.

Of course get_a_life might benefit from Rayearth's suggestion to go to their IRC channels to ask them there. That's how you track and hunt fansubbers in the wild. You need to seek out their native habitat - Irc.
may be i should bait them with H pictures.

but i guess this proves people dont really read closely.

when do you sleep you tireless moderator
Old 2003-12-10, 20:28   Link #14
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
may be i should bait them with H pictures.

but i guess this proves people dont really read closely.

when do you sleep you tireless moderator
Sleep is for the weak.

Old 2003-12-10, 21:05   Link #15
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
lol, that's my sleeping away message "sleep is for the weak... well I guess I'm weak..."

Anyway, onto the subject, I'm in a group, I think several of my group members would help you, but many are Czech so the answers won't necessarily be in perfect english, and I'm actually a pretty new member, but stop by #totan on irc.MIRCX.com and we can talk about sending the questions to everyone and geting a response, btw, when do you need the answers by, because most of the group are in european time zones and may be sleeping...
CompShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 01:17   Link #16
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompShrink
lol, that's my sleeping away message "sleep is for the weak... well I guess I'm weak..."

Anyway, onto the subject, I'm in a group, I think several of my group members would help you, but many are Czech so the answers won't necessarily be in perfect english, and I'm actually a pretty new member, but stop by #totan on irc.MIRCX.com and we can talk about sending the questions to everyone and geting a response, btw, when do you need the answers by, because most of the group are in european time zones and may be sleeping...
wow! finally someone serious!

but im already in the process of interview other groups. if the chance falls, i'll go to you guys if things dont work out with the other groups. actually, do you think you could copy n paste my message and email it to them? and then have them email it back to me? info is always good. and the more the better.

thanks for considering and helping.

my email is ohsnapitzjohn@hotmail.com
Old 2003-12-11, 01:31   Link #17
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

if anyone wants my response asap, im sorry but i wont be able to respond. i'll be finishing A LOT of last minute shit for my art classes. damn anime. its your fault im doing so bad in my first year of college... then again, doesnt everyone do bad their first year?
Old 2003-12-11, 03:37   Link #18
AnimeFangirl

No, some of us have always been and will always be A students.
Old 2003-12-11, 03:47   Link #19
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
ok, passing it on to the higher ups...
CompShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 02:00   Link #20
GaroadX

Im a timer you can email me about it at hitokiriprons@hotmail.com or AIM prons103
GaroadX is offline   Reply With Quote