AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2003-12-09, 10:34   Link #1
silviachan

series suggestions

What should I do if I want to suggest the groups some anime to sub? Should I visit their forum? For now, I'm posting here, because I'd like to see the Graduation and Debut ovas... These series are short and have a nice art, why doesn't anyone take them? Or, as I thought, have they already been subbed?
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 11:13   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviachan
What should I do if I want to suggest the groups some anime to sub? Should I visit their forum? For now, I'm posting here, because I'd like to see the Graduation and Debut ovas... These series are short and have a nice art, why doesn't anyone take them? Or, as I thought, have they already been subbed?
Well, you could do a little research yourself to see if there are any indications if they have been subbed or not. Graduation is listed at AnimeNfo, while Debut is listed at AniDB. Neither imply they have been fansubbed.

One way would be to purchase the R2 DVDs (if still available) from somewhere like CDJapan and offer them to a fansub group (if they are interested in producing the fansub). Someone has to obtain the raws after all, so if you would like to see the OVAs fansubbed, then at least you know that you started the ball rolling by helping the fansub group...
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 11:14   Link #3
TaMz
ninj4 from the north

Send a message via MSN to TaMz
Contact them by IRC, Forums ot E-Mail...
But I think most groups don't take suggestions, cause they do this cause they want to, so they usually do sries they like etc...
TaMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 12:58   Link #4
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Well, you could do a little research yourself to see if there are any indications if they have been subbed or not. Graduation is listed at AnimeNfo, Neither imply they have been fansubbed.
Sigh, as usual Animenfo is wrong. The first ep of Graduation was fansubbed ages ago. (If there is 4 eps, there is a good reason that nobody subbed more.)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 22:13   Link #5
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Well, you could do a little research yourself to see if there are any indications if they have been subbed or not. Graduation is listed at AnimeNfo, while Debut is listed at AniDB. Neither imply they have been fansubbed.
Animenfo is a really poor source of information as they only seem to know about digisubs.

The 2 episodes of Debut were subbed long ago on tape.

Same thing with Graduation. And the last 2 episodes of Graduation have been commercially released. Explaining.... While people always talked about Graduation as a 4 episodes series, it was really 2 OVA's releases with 2 episodes each. Both featured the same characteres (originally from a game) but in completely different backgrounds. The first OVA series was called only Graduation and was a school drama. The second one was a parody series and was called Graduation: Sailor Victory or simply Sailor Victory.

Sailor Victory was commercially released in the USA:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000055Y0U/

kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 22:23   Link #6
kuru

BTW, for information about what has been fansubbed on tape, there's the Fansub Database:

http://www.llamas.net/~asudem/fsd/

Checking it, you'll see that the following groups have done Graduation 1-4 (http://www.llamas.net/~asudem/fsd/l1_28.html#0):

Anime Beach
Anime Miranda
Arctic Animation
C. Moon
Central Anime

The following did the first 2 episodes (the first series):

Club A-type
Great Muto
Readable 'N Clear

Debut 1-2 were done by (http://chipsworld.llamas.net/~asudem/fsd/l1_14.html#6):

Anime Beach
Arctic Animation
Beefbowl Anime
Central Anime
Oukami Studios
DOMO
Red Hat Anime
Ryuujin
Tomodachi (one of the greatest fansubs groups of all times; they were the ones that entirely subbed Fushigi Yuugi, Marmalade Boy, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Hime-chan's Ribbon and many other great series).
Old 2003-12-10, 14:23   Link #7
silviachan

If the fansubs already exist, and only Sailor Victory has been commercially released, so why doesn't Animesuki hosts these files? It would be nice!
Old 2003-12-10, 14:48   Link #8
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
If the fansubs already exist, and only Sailor Victory has been commercially released, so why doesn't Animesuki hosts these files? It would be nice!
I assume you mean the non-licensed fansubs...

Just because digisubs exist, doesn't mean we host them. As we say on the AnimeSuki front page
Quote:
The goal of AnimeSuki.com is to provide an one stop site where you can find links to all unlicensed English anime fansubs available through BitTorrent
Note the mention of BitTorrent! We only list available torrents, and as of yet, no one has claimed they have the digisubs of the episodes in question. And if the digisubs are a few years old, then chances are they are poor quality (maybe in .rm format). If you do find someone who has them and is willing to host them on their site then let us know, as long as they are not licensed, we will add them to the AS database.

But there are a number of old series which people have seen around but not all of them are available via BitTorrent.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 11:31   Link #9
silviachan

Sure I was referring to unlicensed ovas... I think I'll never get them... SIGH!
Old 2003-12-11, 17:29   Link #10
kuru

Quote:
Sure I was referring to unlicensed ovas... I think I'll never get them... SIGH!
If you're willing to get it the traditional way (on tape, meaning you'll have to pay for the tape and shipping), Sachi has it still listed:

http://www.sachigumi.com/

Sachi is very reliable and used to be a great fansubbing group too. They subbed To Heart, Tenshi ni Narumon, Hana Yori Dango, Risky and Safety, Cyber Team in Akihabara, Cutey Honey F, Akachan to Boku and more.

If you send a request for Debut, you can give a try for some of their works too.

If you are going to try to convince some group to redo these series as digisubs, probably it would help if you told them there's timed scripts available on the net for both series (in the past fansubbers would frequently post their scripts for anyone to get if they wanted).

www.scriptclub.org has the scripts for both Debut and Graduation. You'll have to join the site, but it's free.

The scripts for Graduation are also available at http://www.gsoftnet.us/ScriptCrypt/misc.html#misc and I'm sure they can be easily found in other sites (try using google).

If a group can find the raws for those series, doing a quick digisub should be pretty easy. The raws shouldn't be very difficult to find, specially for Debut that was released on DVD in Japan just last year (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp//detailview.html?KEY=SVWB-7101).

Debut

DVD cover:

VHS covers:

LD covers:

Old 2003-12-11, 19:14   Link #11
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
The LD covers of Debut are slightly suggestive of very ecchi... is this true? it doesn't seem like it from the other info. Or is that just the way they tried to get them to sell...

Or does anyone even know...
CompShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 21:42   Link #12
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompShrink
The LD covers of Debut are slightly suggestive of very ecchi... is this true? it doesn't seem like it from the other info. Or is that just the way they tried to get them to sell...

It must be something like 5 years since I watched Debut, but I don't remember it being ecchi.
Old 2003-12-12, 00:18   Link #13
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy

Is it licensed or unlicensed? If it's unlicensed, I'll just add it to my to-do list ^_^
holyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 01:17   Link #14
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompShrink
The LD covers of Debut are slightly
suggestive of very ecchi... is this true? it doesn't
seem like it from the other info. Or is that just the
way they tried to get them to sell...

Nah it wasn't ecchi at all.

Debut was a two episode OVA that was released in 1994.
It was one of the oldest anime based off a "bishoujo
game". It was based off an old "Graduation" style
raising/managing sim type game.The four girls were
idol singers.

The first OVA had them acting out a short love drama
story (as though they were doing an acting job). The
second OVA had them dealing with a time capsule that
three of the girls had buried ten years earlier. The
kicker was that there seemed to be someone missing
from their group that was hovering on the edge of
their memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyangel
Is it licensed or unlicensed? If it's
unlicensed, I'll just add it to my to-do list
^_^
It hasn't been picked up for region 1 as far as I
know.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 08:28   Link #15
silviachan

If I see nobody does it, maybe I could request Debut from Sachigumi as suggested, but as other people may like it it would have been very nice to find it here!
Another question, what about the music from Debut? Maybe it's nice too ^_- (I just mean your opinion and NOT links or so!)?