AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-15, 05:04   Link #1
Nemokrad

Sasuke walking on water? [Manga] [Anime filler arc]

Sooo in the manga APPARENTLY he learned how to walk on water, and surf on a waterfall like a bad mofo, but when did he learn it? My theory was that Kakashi learned him how to during the whole Chidori training thing, but that theory seems wrong after seeing episode 104. Sasuke doesn't seem to be able to walk on water... In fact, he even seems surprised at naruto doing. So when the hell did he learn how to walk on water?
Nemokrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 05:17   Link #2
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Sasuke didn't learn how to walk on water.

It's not in the manga.

It's just filler.

Don't try to make sence out of filler stories as they are not part of the real story.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 05:29   Link #3
Yoska
フランキー

Yeah, but...
Spoiler:
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 05:32   Link #4
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Didnt he walk on the water in the manga as well?
Spoiler:
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 05:34   Link #5
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoska
Yeah, but...
Spoiler:
but in the Manga Sasuke was never shown to of mastered it until " the but....." plus Sasuke was "
Spoiler:
different when he did that"
Old 2004-10-15, 05:34   Link #6
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemokrad
Sooo in the manga APPARENTLY he learned how to walk on water, and surf on a waterfall like a bad mofo, but when did he learn it? My theory was that Kakashi learned him how to during the whole Chidori training thing, but that theory seems wrong after seeing episode 104. Sasuke doesn't seem to be able to walk on water... In fact, he even seems surprised at naruto doing. So when the hell did he learn how to walk on water?
This thread is going to be closed imo, but o~heck.

Sasuke dosen't need someone to teach him how to walk on water. First of all, he isn't called a genius for nothing. Secondly, walking on water is just channeling the right amount of Chakra to your feet, so esentially, it's just a matter of common sense and using your brains.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 05:38   Link #7
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Don't be ridicoulous, walking on water is a very basic ninja skill.

So basic actually that no explanation is needed to see Sasuke walking on water.
His chakra control is superior to Naruto to ebgin with

As for 104, Why they dind't walk on water to begin with is a big mystery to me, probably in order to save their chakra. Since they were close to the shore Sasuke decided not to walk that last to the beach.

don't look too much into it.
Old 2004-10-15, 05:44   Link #8
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
.........Sasuke dosen't need someone to teach him how to walk on water. First of all, he isn't called a genius for nothing. Secondly, ........ so esentially, it's just a matter of common sense and using your brains.
As most people know a genius may be smart but rarely ever have common sense. Everything in this show points to Sasuke rarely using his brains.
Old 2004-10-15, 05:52   Link #9
IloveNARUTO

Quote:
As most people know a genius may be smart but rarely ever have common sense. Everything in this show points to Sasuke rarely using his brains.
FINALLY someone that agrees with me. Yes I think Sasuke is pretty cool ....every once in a while he pulls something outta his azz
But I think Naruto's true strength lies in his ability to protect his friends and that's why he was walking on water and not sasuke(because he had someone to protect at the time).
IloveNARUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 07:06   Link #10
naantje
Annoyance :)

PLEASE, walking on water is like.. super basic.. only reason they showed naruto learning it was cuz he didnt have the ninja-basics.. read back and look up what the reason for letting ebisu train naruto... BASICS PPL BASICS
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 07:30   Link #11
DJ*

It also served the purpose of introducing him to Jiraiya. Who removed the seal that was causing him problems with the water walking in the first place.
Old 2004-10-15, 08:13   Link #12
dark-alchemist
i prefer udon to ramen!

if he can catch the dagger [the knife that every ninja have it.. i dunno what's the name!] by channeling chakra below his foot, walking up the tree, walking on water should be nothing to him.. he can learn himself ya? like naruto.. after the 5-part seal was unsealed, he can stand on water immediately.
dark-alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 10:16   Link #13
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Sasuke can't walk on water, he's barely as fast as Naruto, Sakura is superstrong, Naruto can do a dozen of Rasengan at the same time single handed, etc.

Just accept that this filler arc doesn't make much sense.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 15:37   Link #14
bricefabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Sasuke can't walk on water, he's barely as fast as Naruto, Sakura is superstrong, Naruto can do a dozen of Rasengan at the same time single handed, etc.

Just accept that this filler arc doesn't make much sense.
So finely summarized. I was the one who brought up the walking on the water part in the episode 103 discussion, because it didn't make any sense for them to swim. And then what happens? Naruto suddenly remembers that he can do it. My question still remains: why didn't they immediately do it in the first place? Swimming is a lot more tiring than walking. But whatever, filler......
bricefabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 16:08   Link #15
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricefabber
So finely summarized. I was the one who brought up the walking on the water part in the episode 103 discussion, because it didn't make any sense for them to swim. And then what happens? Naruto suddenly remembers that he can do it. My question still remains: why didn't they immediately do it in the first place? Swimming is a lot more tiring than walking. But whatever, filler......
Well in naruto universe case, Walking on water will be more tiring than Swiming..remember they need Chakra to do this walk in the water thing...

also the walk on the water part is not that eaysy as have been stated here..ebisu was quite impresed of how fast Naruto was getting the grip of Water Walking..
Old 2004-10-15, 17:39   Link #16
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

this is horrible depressing... Someone should make a list of everything that has gone wrong in this filler arc.. just so I can sink deeper into depression. And then, to make sure I'm really depressed I'm gonna watch episode 105 and count all the little mistakes they make.

And I know this is offtopic, but Naruto is just getting depressing for me at the moment.. And if you don't think that's a good excuse for posting off topic random ranting I still don't care, I'm depressed.
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 17:41   Link #17
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMLM3
this is horrible depressing... Someone should make a list of everything that has gone wrong in this filler arc.. just so I can sink deeper into depression. And then, to make sure I'm really depressed I'm gonna watch episode 105 and count all the little mistakes they make.

And I know this is offtopic, but Naruto is just getting depressing for me at the moment.. And if you don't think that's a good excuse for posting off topic random ranting I still don't care, I'm depressed.
That is pretty pathetic that a children's cartoon makes you depressed.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 17:49   Link #18
bricefabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Well in naruto universe case, Walking on water will be more tiring than Swiming..remember they need Chakra to do this walk in the water thing...

also the walk on the water part is not that eaysy as have been stated here..ebisu was quite impresed of how fast Naruto was getting the grip of Water Walking..
It doesn't take a lot of chakra at all though, only good control. Once mastered, it's like second nature. Refer back to the Itachi-Kakashi battle, or the Jump Festa 2004. Swimming on the other hand always requires effort. Example: Idate was tired after swimming to shore.
bricefabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 17:51   Link #19
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
That is pretty pathetic that a children's cartoon makes you depressed.
heh, I know, depressing isn't it?

It actually has to do with other stuff but it sort of carries into everything else, you know, when it rains it pours..
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 16:46   Link #20
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricefabber
It doesn't take a lot of chakra at all though, only good control. Once mastered, it's like second nature. Refer back to the Itachi-Kakashi battle, or the Jump Festa 2004. Swimming on the other hand always requires effort. Example: Idate was tired after swimming to shore.
well i did not say it takes a lot of chakra..just that takes Chakra...now..Swiming do not consume chakra, so basically if they can swim to the shore they can save that chakra if they run to any trouble......