Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2022-06-13, 05:32   Link #1
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

[Bethesda Softworks] Starfield

Surprised there's no thread for this yet.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's just a preview at max settings, so there's always a possibility that the quality of the graphics will be dumbed down for release to pacify the lowest common denominator of their clientele's hardware. I must admit I didn't have high expectations for Starfield since Bethesda is still clinging to that rickety old engine of theirs (oh, the horrors I witnessed in Skyrim!), but it looks surprisingly good.

The scale is unexpectedly large (a lot more so than what I was thinking, to be honest), but I imagine that a significant portion of it must be procedurally generated and "empty" (not to mention outer space itself) compared to the handcrafted cities and campaign locations.

A minor gripe of mine is that the voice actor for that Constellation woman is speaking as if she were the narrator of a nature documentary rather than someone making a pitch to a prospective ally/recruit.

And you can create your own spaceship? Well dang.

I imagine that there must be more than a few CIG employees that must be feeling hot under the collar at the moment.
Old 2022-06-13, 05:36   Link #2
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Creation 2 Engine is technically a highly overhauled Creation 1, which was an overhauled Gamebryo. Most sources I've seen before say C2 is considered "new".

Either way expect the game to be a buggy mess on release.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-22, 15:37   Link #3
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Either way expect the game to be a buggy mess on release.
Definitely! But I will still follow this and more than likely pick it up on release regardless

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-25, 13:35   Link #4
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
I must admit I didn't have high expectations for Starfield since Bethesda is still clinging to that rickety old engine of theirs (oh, the horrors I witnessed in Skyrim!), but it looks surprisingly good.
Indeed; cautious observation is in order.

Quote:
A minor gripe of mine is that the voice actor for that Constellation woman is speaking as if she were the narrator of a nature documentary rather than someone making a pitch to a prospective ally/recruit.
I must admit not getting that impression; I was more amused by the fact of the meeting being very much an homage to older movies featuring explorers' leagues and the like, what with the venue being a room which for the most part wouldn't be out of place in one of said movies.

Quote:
And you can create your own spaceship? Well dang.
I can see this - specifically, certain parts and color schemes - being incentive for players to go out there and complete various side quests. One possible set of quests could be taken from the Ace Comat playbook in the form of enemy aces rocking their own particular color schemes. Extra credit if there are color schemes unlocked by achievements/trophies in other Bethesda titles...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 04:17   Link #5
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

YouTube

This is the Star Citizen you'll get to play in your lifetime instead of entrusting it to your grandkids.

YouTube

ETA: September 6, 2023