AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2022-04-07, 15:16   Link #1
darkdhaos

City Hunter: Angel Dust (movie)

A new City Hunter movie has been announced for 2022. The movie will be a sequel of the movie "City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes", here's the teaser:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Here's a link with the news: https://cityhunter-movie.com/news/?id=60381
darkdhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-07, 16:14   Link #2
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Interesting...Ryo was THE MAN in the 80s. Do a poll about 80s males and he is always THE MAN. But I'm guessing some of his antics won't be in it? Either way, intrigued.
Old 2022-04-07, 17:16   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shinjuku Private Eyes was good so I'm all for it.

My dream would be a remake of the anime that is actually faithful to the manga though, meaning no censorship or anime original episodes. I actually rewatched it last year, the last time I did was some 20 years ago. During that span of time I've bought and read the Deluxe edition of the manga multiples times, and this rewatch made me realize it was a really poor adaptation. A lot of things were changed and more than half the series was anime original. Frankly, I was disappointed.

The problem is that Kamiya would have to be replaced, he's already pretty much retired. He'll probably come back for the movie because Ryo is the one role he doesn't want to give up, but a full series would be too much. I know who could replace though: Sugita. Gintoki and Ryo are very similar characters, and Sorachi never made it a secret he was inspired by City Hunter (there was even a whole episode about it).
Old 2022-04-07, 17:19   Link #4
LG-MAX 2.o

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Interesting...Ryo was THE MAN in the 80s. Do a poll about 80s males and he is always THE MAN. But I'm guessing some of his antics won't be in it? Either way, intrigued.

Sad times .
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-04, 13:15   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The tagline for the movie is "the final chapter begins"

So I guess it will be a sequel to the manga, and will be a story that will span multiple movies?
Old 2023-02-22, 13:25   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

YouTube

Title is City Hunter: Angel Dust. Will it be an adaptation of the Kaibara arc? It doesn't look like it based on the teaser though.
Old 2023-02-23, 05:20   Link #7
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Shinjuku Private Eyes was good so I'm all for it.

My dream would be a remake of the anime that is actually faithful to the manga though, meaning no censorship or anime original episodes. I actually rewatched it last year, the last time I did was some 20 years ago. During that span of time I've bought and read the Deluxe edition of the manga multiples times, and this rewatch made me realize it was a really poor adaptation. A lot of things were changed and more than half the series was anime original. Frankly, I was disappointed.
Late reply. But yeah, I rewatched it in 2020. It made me realize why I have had the impression Club Dorothée never showed us the end of City Hunter: The anime ended in a no-ending. As in, it ended with an original that lead nowhere. To put it in term the Naruto and Netflix generations will understand: It's like ending Naruto Shippuden with a filler episode. The entire Angel Dust deal dwelled on the past of Ryo Saeba and make us understand why he is such a monster in combat (and also explain his huge libido). Teope Union was replaced by Red Pegasus (?) Syndicate, etc...
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-13, 12:48   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

YouTube

It IS an adaptation of the Kaibara arc, but a very loose one from the looks of the trailer. A major change is no Mick since he was never introduced in the anime. But at least anime onlies will finally learn Ryo's past and the real story behind Makimura's murder. Kind of, Angel Dust is apparently now NANOMACHINES instead of a drug.
Old 2023-06-13, 22:08   Link #9
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Saw figures of Ryo and Kaori but they are painful in cost.
Old 2023-06-16, 01:20   Link #10
scififan

Spoiler:
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-11, 14:47   Link #11
LG-MAX 2.o

https://anitrendz.net/news/2023/09/1...nd-box-office/

Quote:
Ryo Saeba’s new theatrical adventure, City Hunter the Movie: Angel Dust, took the top spot in the September 8 to 10 Japanese weekend box office ranking with a moviegoer count of 211 thousand and a gross of 325 million yen (~US$2.22 million). The movie had its premiere on September 8.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote