Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-03-25, 11:56   Link #1
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Id:invaded #brake broken

Quote:
I was awakened at an interchange on a certain highway. ? Unconsciousness accelerates! An original comic version newly created for comics by the original anime staff called Otaro Maijo and Yuuki Kodama!
So... Judging by the title and the first couple of chapters, it seems it'll be a single case about a serial car saboteur?

Also, did Hondoumachi hide the hole in her head?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-11, 03:08   Link #2
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Picked this up recently.
This turn out to be a sequel to the anime, and the plot is INTENSE.
The antagonist this time seems to be the organization that couldn't make it into the anime due to the episode count.
And geeish, this organization is certainly good at hitting all the wrong buttons on Narihisago.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-12, 04:12   Link #3
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Damn the art is pretty good too. Virtually identical to the anime
Old 2020-07-12, 21:53   Link #4
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Well yes, because Kodama drew the manga version herself.
Old 2020-07-14, 16:57   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Read all the available chapters after finding out this was a sequel to the anime and wow, this is pretty damn awesome.

Spoiler for up to chapter 9:
Old 2020-07-14, 18:56   Link #6
bakato

Seems a little out of character of Narihisago to go after the poor agent. It was hardly his fault.
Old 2020-07-14, 19:30   Link #7
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Seems a little out of character of Narihisago to go after the poor agent. It was hardly his fault.
Is it? He knows Fukusen didn't do it by accident.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-14, 19:38   Link #8
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
No? Because he didn't try to kill the agent anyway.
His prime objective to frighten him into retaliation so particles can be detected to form another well.
And we know Narihisago often lose it whenever his late wife and daughter were involved.

Last edited by shmaster; 2020-07-14 at 20:18.
Old 2020-07-14, 21:39   Link #9
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
No? Because he didn't try to kill the agent anyway.
His prime objective to frighten him into retaliation so particles can be detected to form another well.
And we know Narihisago often lose it whenever his late wife and daughter were involved.
Oh, you're right. I somehow missed that part.
Old 2020-07-15, 01:06   Link #10
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Wait, if Inami can be recruited as a pilot, what are the chances Fukuda returns?

Also guess chapter 10 settles who is more unsound between Hondomachi and Narihisago. The former seems childish and unaware by comparison....the latter is absolutely broken. Also completely hypocritical when you remember he is a serial killer as well. Basically "I am Sakaido, I can be the good guy I always wanted to when I'm him but outside as Narihisago, I am a dick"

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-07-15 at 01:24.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-15, 02:24   Link #11
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Also completely hypocritical when you remember he is a serial killer as well. Basically "I am Sakaido, I can be the good guy I always wanted to when I'm him but outside as Narihisago, I am a dick"
Unless he is pretty honest to himself and upfront about his behaviors.
That's a lot healthier then those who tries to make excuse and commits to self-deceit.
Old 2020-07-15, 03:13   Link #12
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Unless he is pretty honest to himself and upfront about his behaviors.
Has he ever though? You only ever see him talk about himself when he's Sakaido and you don't know how much of that is a mask. When he's outside he's either solving cases, enraged or otherwise deadpan
Old 2020-07-16, 12:54   Link #13
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Wait, if Inami can be recruited as a pilot, what are the chances Fukuda returns?

Also guess chapter 10 settles who is more unsound between Hondomachi and Narihisago. The former seems childish and unaware by comparison....the latter is absolutely broken. Also completely hypocritical when you remember he is a serial killer as well. Basically "I am Sakaido, I can be the good guy I always wanted to when I'm him but outside as Narihisago, I am a dick"
I'm not quite sure what you mean by hypocritical.

I'm also not sure how much of a dick he is. He talked Hondoumachi back into the seat, but it's hard to tell if it's good or bad for her.
Old 2020-07-16, 13:10   Link #14
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean by hypocritical.
Wasn't referring to him talking Hondomachi back in since that's "just work" and necessary to him.

Was referring to the fact he knows what's it like to die and it's apparently not something very pleasant and still continues to kill people when he's Narihisago while being the good guy as Sakaido. At the very least his personality is seriously disjointed.
Old 2020-07-16, 13:41   Link #15
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Wasn't referring to him talking Hondomachi back in since that's "just work" and necessary to him.

Was referring to the fact he knows what's it like to die and it's apparently not something very pleasant
He doesn't let that stop him from diving again and again, as many times as it takes.

Quote:
and still continues to kill people when he's Narihisago while being the good guy as Sakaido. At the very least his personality is seriously disjointed.
He saves "innocents" and kills serial killers.
Old 2020-07-16, 18:12   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It had never occurred to me that Hijirido never died once over the course of the series. Narihisago's logic that it was not Hondomachi but "Hijirido" who died would usually work, except she remembered herself in the Well so that makes it a lot harder for her to dissociate her two identities.

I wasn't expecting Inami to be brought back. Really curious how useful she'll be.
Old 2020-07-17, 00:06   Link #17
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He doesn't let that stop him from diving again and again, as many times as it takes.

He saves "innocents" and kills serial killers.
And therein lies the hypocrisy.

If you survived getting burnt alive after falling into a furnace, and have thus experienced what it's like would you then go around kicking people into furnaces? Maybe someone could understand if you did it to somebody who pushed you into said furnace in the first place but the serial killers he kills are not those who killed his family.....that ended with the Challenger and John Walker. Consider how also he didn't kill anyone when he was still a cop before he lost his family.

And the thing is, he isn't pretending when he's Sakaido....Clearly that aspect of him is genuine but Narihisago the killer is also another genuine aspect of him. That's some serious double-think there. Not even sure if he's aware of it TBH. He had an excuse when he was killing those serial killer ghosts in that he was trying to protect Kiki Asukai but he doesn't have that excuse when he killed them for real by forcing them to suicide prior to the anime start.
Old 2020-07-17, 00:49   Link #18
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
And therein lies the hypocrisy.

If you survived getting burnt alive after falling into a furnace, and have thus experienced what it's like would you then go around kicking people into furnaces?
I don't know. Maybe? If I was in the murdering people business to start with, I mean. Certainly, plenty of soldiers have survived being shot and went on to shoot people.

Anyway, I don't see how that makes him hypocritical. If anything, it's the opposite, because as I pointed out, he willingly goes back to the furnace.

Quote:
Maybe someone could understand if you did it to somebody who pushed you into said furnace in the first place but the serial killers he kills are not those who killed his family.....that ended with the Challenger and John Walker.
Again, I don't see how that makes him hypocritical. Sure, Challenger and John Walker were personal. Does that make their murders really more or less justified than other serial killers?

Quote:
Consider how also he didn't kill anyone when he was still a cop before he lost his family.
You mean when he still had something to live for and better things to do than kill serial killers?

Quote:
And the thing is, he isn't pretending when he's Sakaido....Clearly that aspect of him is genuine but Narihisago the killer is also another genuine aspect of him. That's some serious double-think there. Not even sure if he's aware of it TBH. He had an excuse when he was killing those serial killer ghosts in that he was trying to protect Kiki Asukai but he doesn't have that excuse when he killed them for real by forcing them to suicide prior to the anime start.
1. He didn't force them suicide. He merely convinced them to.
2. You can genuinely want to save innocent people and kill the monsters who would victimize them at the same time. I don't see the problem.
Old 2020-07-23, 05:30   Link #19
GDB

Just binged it. Really enjoy it, but it's kind of confusing. Not sure if it's the translation, not being able to tell who's talking at times, or because they keep throwing things out there as facts and then turn it around later.

But not in a "You assumed wrong" way, but like they changed their minds while writing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-23, 16:59   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Just binged it. Really enjoy it, but it's kind of confusing. Not sure if it's the translation, not being able to tell who's talking at times, or because they keep throwing things out there as facts and then turn it around later.

But not in a "You assumed wrong" way, but like they changed their minds while writing.
I really didn't get this impression. Do you have a specific example in mind?