AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-12, 09:07   Link #1
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Legend of the Galactic Heroes remake [2018] Anticipation

Announced at an LoGH event.

https://twitter.com/harujiro_0508/st...78660453306368
https://twitter.com/harujiro_0508/st...77906141278208
Old 2014-02-12, 09:16   Link #2
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7544334.html

No other details except it's going to be about LoGH. I'm still thinking this is going to be another Gaiden.
Old 2014-02-12, 09:41   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Didn't expect more LoGH after so many years. I'm super excited.

I agree it's more likely to be a gaiden than a remake. LoGH has aged pretty well anyway, there's no point in doing a remake.
Old 2014-02-12, 09:55   Link #4
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
It will be hard to outdo the performance of the original cast (Kei Tomiyama, Kaneto Shiozawa, etc...)
Old 2014-02-12, 09:58   Link #5
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'd really love to see a remake. This show has literally been on my Watch List for years, but I keep putting it off in favour of shows with a lower episode count...
Old 2014-02-12, 10:27   Link #6
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

New LOGH? Hopefully it'll be a remake.
Old 2014-02-12, 10:47   Link #7
Jetzero Infinity

According to ANN it sounds like a remake: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...vels-get-anime

I hear the original has aged well so not too sure how to feel about it but I guess it's a good chance to check it out.
Old 2014-02-12, 11:00   Link #8
kakakka

I'll watch it if its a remake. The very first episodes has promise, but the animation isn't as engaging for me to continue watching.
Old 2014-02-12, 11:11   Link #9
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Burt ANN clearly said it would be not a remake

Quote:
Tanaka's secretary Hirofumi Adachi confirmed the news, and relayed the producer's comments that the new anime is not a remake of the earlier anime, but another anime adaptation of the original novels with a new staff.
Old 2014-02-12, 11:16   Link #10
kuromitsu

WHAT??? A new anime?? That's sacrilege! Oh god, oh god.... why?? The original OVA is perfect as it is, I don't want a new, "modernized" LoGH, they already tried it with Tytania and they failed miserably. (Leave LoGH alone and make a new anime for Arslan senki, damn it!! with characters based on Amano Yoshitaka's designs and not Arakawa Hiromu's, thankyouverymuch.)

For one, I really doubt they'll be able to do 110 episodes again, so the maximum ep count would be ~56... which means streamlining and skipping over stuff, which I wouldn't necessarily mind, except one of LoGH's best qualities is how it doesn't focus only on the "big" players. :/

I'm sure it'll have new character designs... based, I suppose, on the manga? Eeehh, how about no? Or new original designs? I'm not sure how I feel about this. Golden Wings was bad enough (then again, Golden Wings was pretty bad in many ways).

And a whole new voice cast... ohh my god. The original voice cast are those characters! I hope they won't try to imitate the original casting, because that would just kill me. I also hope no-one lets Koyasu Takehito and Midorikawa Hikaru near the cast, I'd get Golden Wings flashbacks.

Gaaahhh.... *holds head*

(OK, I admit I'm very curious. But very, very, very wary.)
Old 2014-02-12, 11:59   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So it's not a remake, but a new adaptation from the grounds up. The OVA is perfect as it is so I don't see the point of that. I'll remain pessimistic until we learn more about the staff, I can't think of too many people that could do LoGH justice. The other major problem will be the number of episodes. There is pretty much no way it will be as long as the original OVA, which means they will have to compress the story and trim down the amazing cast... that can't be good no matter how you look at it.

I bet they're going to add more girls like what they did in Yamato. I wouldn't mind all that much, but for some reason, I can't shake the feeling they will make Reinhard a girl (that could actually work out pretty well...)
Old 2014-02-12, 12:03   Link #12
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so similar to Yamato?
Old 2014-02-12, 12:08   Link #13
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

I can't shake the feeling they will make Reinhard a girl (that could actually work out pretty well...)
Genderswapped Von Reuenthal. Think about it, tragic hero with heterochromia.
Old 2014-02-12, 13:06   Link #14
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
An anime...

No...

A piece of art,

like LoGH has almost no chance of being financially successful in today's industry to make any remake or reimagining worthwhile, not without changing itself and turning it into something it...isn't. Have we not learned our lesson from Tytania?

Stop the madness. Say no to modernization of classics.

#Concernedelitistfag
GANBARIMASU
Old 2014-02-12, 13:42   Link #15
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

What exactly is Tytania a remake of? I haven't found a previous version of the show.
Old 2014-02-12, 13:52   Link #16
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I bet they're going to add more girls like what they did in Yamato. I wouldn't mind all that much, but for some reason, I can't shake the feeling they will make Reinhard a girl (that could actually work out pretty well...)
Nah, unless they want to diverge a lot from the novel they wouldn't add more characters (oh my god, even more characters XD), and it's a pretty tight story with not much room for original material (except for the same extent as the OVAs). And I don't see them turning Reinhard into a girl, people would kill them. (Also, no, no genderswitch for Reuenthal! How about Müller instead? Or Rubinsky, he's already a woman in the manga.)

I am legit annoyed, though, that they're rebooting LoGH which has a perfectly good anime adaptation already, and yet there's no new anime adaptation for poor Arslan senki. It's so good, and it's so much more animation friendly than LoGH, and yet all it gets is a manga adaptation by Arakawa Hiromu of all people, and just... ehh... yeah. (I mean, seriously, all those pretty men. Use the original designs or get someone other than Arakawa to design the charaters, add some big name seiyuu, and bam, instant hit.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
What exactly is Tytania a remake of? I haven't found a previous version of the show.
Tytania wasn't a remake, it was an adaptation of a novel series (unfinished, surprise surprise) by the same author who wrote LoGH (and Arslan, and lots of other stuff). They tried to make it into "LoGH #2 but ~shiny and modern~" and it just totally didn't work.
Old 2014-02-12, 14:03   Link #17
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

Tytania wasn't a remake, it was an adaptation of a novel series (unfinished, surprise surprise) by the same author who wrote LoGH (and Arslan, and lots of other stuff). They tried to make it into "LoGH #2 but ~shiny and modern~" and it just totally didn't work.
Oh I see, thanks for the answer.
Old 2014-02-12, 14:16   Link #18
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Yeah. LoGH is one of the greatest anime period. It was basically perfect as is. No need for a remake. There's no way they'll equal it. Not really looking forward to an "updated" LoGh.
Old 2014-02-12, 14:24   Link #19
RollingPenguin

People calm down,even if this new adaptation is bad this wont make the previous anime burn into nonexistence.How the hell will they improve the original?I have no idea,but there are smarter people than me working in the anime industry and somebody out there might have some great ideas.Either way I am excited to see what the new people will do and who knows if this new adaptation is successful it might lead to a new Arslan Senki adaptation.
Quote:
like LoGH has almost no chance of being financially successful in today's industry to make any remake or reimagining worthwhile, not without changing itself and turning it into something it...isn't. Have we not learned our lesson from Tytania?
Really,what about Space Batlleship Yamato 2199? That was an intelligent and great space opera.And it was financially successful.
Old 2014-02-12, 14:26   Link #20
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'd really love to see a remake. This show has literally been on my Watch List for years, but I keep putting it off in favour of shows with a lower episode count...
why not just watch the original

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I'll watch it if its a remake. The very first episodes has promise, but the animation isn't as engaging for me to continue watching.
whats wrong with it?