Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-08-20, 00:20   Link #1
amasposu

100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru

Name: 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru
Associated Names: I'm standing on 1,000,000 lives.; 100万の命の上に俺は立っている
Story: Yamakawa Naoki
Art: Nao Akinari (Countrouble, Psycho Busters, Trinity Seven)

MyAnimeList: http://myanimelist.net/manga/99449/1...re_wa_Tatteiru

Last edited by amasposu; 2017-07-08 at 13:01.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-07, 07:18   Link #2
kaikalaila

Chapter 1 is out....so....
Spoiler:
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-10, 15:49   Link #3
LG-MAX 2.o

I started reading this manga and it is unexpectedly interesting. I would like it to be more popular, but I understand that it is a difficult case, on the one hand the synopsis and the artist makes it seem just another silly isekai with nothing new to offer and on the other hand when fans who like this theme start reading the manga and see the almost total lack of graphical fanservise (I believe there was only something like that in chapter 14 with the two "priestesses"), not being a harem (at least as far as I read in chapter 32), and the story dealing with some themes heavier as drugs and there is even an LGBT character who ran away from home due to prejudice, plus the fact that chastity among some female characters is not something sacred can also keep these other fans out.

But man, there is a lot of potential here, since the clothes of the female characters is much more revealing in the images from anime than it is actually in the manga, I think the anime will try a more traditional way to win fans, but I would like you to try an adaptation more faithful.

This series is as if you put konosuba + Gantz + a narration similar to Hunter x Hunter at various times (seriously, there are pages with so many dialogues and even diagrams, the discussion about events and fights, etc.).

Does anyone else read here?

ps: The protagonist is also quite interesting.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-10, 23:19   Link #4
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Till this day, I still don't understand the correlation between the title and the content

I'm standing on 1,000,000 lives
?????????????????????????????
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-11, 04:35   Link #5
tsunade666

I had read this until the part where a new member guy? joined. I stopped for a while and let it accumulate more chapter for continuous reading.

the mc is indeed interesting. especially his jobs but his insane in a way and talking about strong force of will. I remember the chapter where he had fallen in a pit? or area of a dungeon and it's pitch black. the way he slowly climb the wall show no normal people could do. that situation would lead a normal people to despair and insanity but he moved on. talking about guts isn't enough to show his reaction to it. that's just plain insane to me.
Old 2020-04-11, 13:32   Link #6
LG-MAX 2.o

Yes, this scene is very sinister, the narration and the art help the reader to feel the difficulty of the situation. I also really liked the fact that the author had the courage to break a cliché of "hero arrive at the last moment and save the girls from the strongest monster", in the scene afterwards when he comes close to entering the fight and thinks to himself that he is the strongest in the group and when he opens the door he sees that Shindou managed to win alone was really cool.

One nice thing about the manga is that so far each arc has managed to be better than the other, the current one that involves a drug cartel, militia, etc. is very interesting. The modus operandi of these cartels in the sense of blackmail and murder really seemed like something from our world, at least the introduction was.
Old 2020-04-11, 13:50   Link #7
AnimeFangirl

The current one was too gory for me, so I decided to sit it out until it was complete. Reader comments suggest it's very close to what goes on in Mexico in cartel-controlled areas.
Old 2020-04-11, 14:04   Link #8
LG-MAX 2.o

In fact, Glenda comments a lot about this during the arc, there is a lot of graphic violence, I don't want to give details, but the scene in which the 3 corpses of a family held hostage by the cartel appear gave me a shiver and I already read a lot of violent stuff, but I think it was due to how it looked like something that really happens in our world.
Old 2020-04-11, 21:54   Link #9
tsunade666

The art really gave a more realistic feel to it. you can feel the desperation in it.
Old 2020-04-13, 03:02   Link #10
AnimeFangirl

It's a surprisingly good take on the usual "isekai" trope. Just that the mysteries are a little too many and the gap between volume releases can be long, making it hard to maintain interest.
Old 2020-04-13, 12:59   Link #11
LG-MAX 2.o

Yeah, I'm rereading chapter 31 and
Spoiler for Malita:

I finished chapter 32, My God, Glenda is very "Alpha", lol.

Spoiler for Glenda OP:

I finished chapter 33, Bro, can't you underestimate the Cartel's intelligence, I wonder if Glen-san was actually betrayed instead of being able to seduce that girl?

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2020-04-13 at 14:32.
Old 2020-04-13, 22:46   Link #12
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Given I'm from Mexico myself I'm not too sure about the mangaka representation of the !not-Mexico in the series. Particularly how racist the protagonist comes across (these people with no intellectual curiosity. But worry not, "I", from Great Japan will teach them). The author seems to do an about face some chapters afterwards, but it feels really unclear where does he stand.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-20, 12:55   Link #13
jasper222

It's less racism but more of the time period and economic situation.

You cannot deny that people from poor areas, regardless if they're Mexican or not, have a very small desire to be curious, since just living from day to day takes up most of their time.
jasper222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-20, 14:14   Link #14
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
You cannot deny that people from poor areas, regardless if they're Mexican or not, have a very small desire to be curious, since just living from day to day takes up most of their time.
That's indeed a more charitable interpretation, but going by what the series itself tells us it could be interpreted either way (after all the protagonist did not stop to think about the intellectual curiosity of the more trodden down people in the !not-US side of the border. This is not to say that you are wrong, but more to my original point that it is unclear where does the author stand on the issue.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 10:39   Link #15
jasper222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
That's indeed a more charitable interpretation, but going by what the series itself tells us it could be interpreted either way (after all the protagonist did not stop to think about the intellectual curiosity of the more trodden down people in the !not-US side of the border. This is not to say that you are wrong, but more to my original point that it is unclear where does the author stand on the issue.
I mean, do we? I find that injecting politics when it's unnecessary just makes it uglier for everyone involved. Can't it just remain an inspiration? I'm positive that any author that writes the border situation their way doesn't necessarily hate Mexicans. Putting things in that perspective of "I Great Japan" will certainly make almost all isekai as nationalistic propaganda, which we know they're not.
jasper222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-15, 17:07   Link #16
LG-MAX 2.o

Thanks to the popularity of the anime the translations of the manga have returned (I posted a japanese news on the topic of the anime that says that manga sales increased 11x after the anime came out, but honestly I think there is a translation error on my part). Anyway, let's go to the chapter.

Yosuke finds the mafia boss and tries to kill him and of course Kosue tries to stop him. Although there is a discussion about the morality of this murder, what drew attention was she's absurd strength. It's ironic how it has two classes that prioritize brute force, but it doesn't exploit that.
Old 2020-10-15, 17:13   Link #17
AnimeFangirl

There's an anime?
Old 2020-10-15, 17:21   Link #18
LG-MAX 2.o

Yeah, bro.

Two episodes have already been shown.
Old 2020-10-17, 19:55   Link #19
LG-MAX 2.o

With the last chapter finally translated, this arc of the drug cartels came to an end.

This is without a doubt the longest arc so far and the most complex. The author had the courage to pick up a heavy topic like this and managed to work it in several layers that went far beyond the typical "MC kicks the bad guy's butt and the drug addiction ends". They need to understand all the functioning of the drug trafficking market and all the history and social conflict that involved the two nations, and we still had Kosue standing out in the development of measures for the treatment of drug users, but these measures were quite rational from the moral and economic point of view of our world.

All of this was really interesting, and we still had time for the basic fights against the great villains in history who want to resurrect dragons and Yotsuya again killed someone, this time aware that it was real.

Cantil (mercenary with long hair) He made an analysis of how good Yotsuya can be and at the same time extremely dangerous for this world, although he shows sympathy for some people and treats his childhood friends with great affection, there is no doubt in the series that he has broken parts within him, that he believes that people's lives have different values ​​and although he believes in "justice", his "justice" can turn into something dangerous that can hurt many people. I really think it's funny how the people who are watching the anime in different forums have already hammered his personality as a character and how many define him as generic.

One thing that I found amusing in the last chapters is that finally the MC has a decent class (thief) and the son of a bitch killed the monsters that were used to produce the drugs and did not warn the other members of his group because he wanted all the experience. lol
Old 2020-10-20, 11:17   Link #20
LG-MAX 2.o

It seems that only I am reading the manga, but whatever. With the last chapter we had two great revelations.

1 - The reason for these missions. They are nothing more than training for all players (There are eight different teams around the world). For when they go to face dragons and wizards.

2 - And finally we have the revelation that Shindou liked the other Youtsuya (Youtsuya Haruka). And even started going out with him, but break up with him right after. The reason was not that she fell in love with our MC, but rather that as she can die on these missions, she believes that she is no longer a normal person and was unable to have fun and enjoy her time with her beloved.
A bold move by the author who did a lot of that during the series.