AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-02-13, 23:24   Link #1
sayde

2016 Saturday NBA All Star Events discussion

I haven't made a thread in a long time. But honestly, even if this thread doesn't get a whole lot of conversation, it deserves to be made because at least one of the contests this year WILL go down to many as one of the most memorable ones ever.

Now I mainly made this thread for the slam dunk contest. I was blown away, and even though my favorite to win managed to do it, I really wish an exception could've been made this year to let two people have it. I mean we needed not one but MULTIPLE tie breaker rounds because these guys were scoring 50's left and right. I saw things I've never even thought of before. But with that said, all the events on this Saturday night were pretty competitive and close. Even the 3 point contest featuring freaking Kevin Hart and Dreymond Green came down to the wire. All around, it was an enjoyable evening.

Any basketball enthusiasts feel like discussing it?

Here's some videos to help things along.

Zack LaVine dunks:
Spoiler for zack's dunks:

Aaron Gordon dunks:
Spoiler for Aaron's dunks:

Last edited by sayde; 2016-02-13 at 23:57.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 11:27   Link #2
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

It's almost criminal that Gordon didn't take victory home, guy put on an amazing show.
On thr other hand, Shaq stealing camera as a judge was equally funny as it was annoying
Old 2016-02-14, 11:36   Link #3
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't know if it's my age but I would never have imagined this 20 years ago. It was like watching a video game.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 12:23   Link #4
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
It's almost criminal that Gordon didn't take victory home, guy put on an amazing show.
For as much of a LaVine fan as I am, I was surprised this didn't happen TBH. Because the one with the spinning mascot on the hoverboard and the dunk of the night should've ended it. But it became clear to me that because Zack's response dunks were still pretty damn impressive, they were giving 10's away just so the event wouldn't end. And I was grateful for it. Because had things ended when they maybe should have, we would've missed out on even more jaw-dropping moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I don't know if it's my age but I would never have imagined this 20 years ago. It was like watching a video game.
I'm right there with you. Hell, I can't remember even seeing some of those dunks in video games. lol

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how either one of them is gonna top their own performances (much less the other's) next year. I got ideas, but they don't seem possible.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 05:22   Link #5
travelingbum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkBFBbHd5c4

so Canadians....... is it time to change the name to 'O Canta'? cause I'm just hearing her say Canta and Canata.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote