AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-02-13, 00:22   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Light Novel - New Testament Volume 15 Speculation/Theories

This is a thread to speculate about developments in Volume 15 of the Index NT Light Novels. Please use the appropriate thread if you want to discuss things that have already happened in released volumes.

Please stay on-topic.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or novel illustrations
  • No posting translations of the novels themselves
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

Off-topic posting/shipping/"shitposting" = BAN

NOTE: It is assumed that you are familiar with the most recently-released novel content when discussing in this thread. If you are discussing content from recent novels that has yet to be summarized or translated, please use spoiler tags and carefully identify the novel volume you're discussing.
Old 2016-02-13, 00:30   Link #2
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Since the NT15 thread is here, I'll repost the teaser for this upcoming volume:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT15 Teaser
At the end of a night of fierce fighting, the two people whose fate is tied with their "right hand", Kamijou Touma and Kamisato Kakeru, exchange glares with each other, menu on one hand, in a school cafeteria!? Meanwhile, a half-naked girl on a raincoat appears in the city. This girl in fact a little sister that even Kamisato is afraid of...!?
Official link to volume info right here.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 01:42   Link #3
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Now a question: is the little sister a part of Kamisato's harem, or will she join the Kamijou faction?
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 02:01   Link #4
Chosen_Hero

Let Kamachi.exe's wild ride begin anew.

Someone get the bingo card, next up is a sister.
Old 2016-02-13, 02:08   Link #5
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
Now a question: is the little sister a part of Kamisato's harem, or will she join the Kamijou faction?
I think most likey in Kamisato Harem just for the little sister spot, the closest Touma have for one is Otohime, his cousin or Index.

But I am still hype for Christmas Eve and Day in Index because there only on Dec. 4 and have had 4 books in Dec. It make me think Kamachi have something big plan for those 2 days because just look how many books he have done for Dec. 4 books and 4days I think that the most books he have had in the less time.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 13:32   Link #6
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Since the NT15 thread is here, I'll repost the teaser for this upcoming volume:

Official link to volume info right here.
Kamisato's still around?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 15:05   Link #7
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Kamisato's still around?
Surprisingly yes. Hope Kamachi can make him slightly better then how he was portrayed in NT15, make him somewhat of an odd-nut like the three idiots despite his belief in the status quo
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 15:10   Link #8
bakato

I just hope his harem antics don't make us puke anymore. I didn't mention this before, but it didn't look like he learned his lesson from Touma considering he killed Noukan.
Old 2016-02-13, 16:04   Link #9
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I just hope his harem antics don't make us puke anymore. I didn't mention this before, but it didn't look like he learned his lesson from Touma considering he killed Noukan.
Well, attempted to kill Noukan really. Though to be fair Noukan did attack and attempt to kill him first.
Old 2016-02-13, 16:55   Link #10
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Speak for yourself.

Touma is an hypcrite and second, the dog attacked him first.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 17:15   Link #11
BladeMancer

Quote:
I think the harem antics were purposefully awkward for us to sympathize with Kamisato's harem rejecter. This is all being forced on him and he doesn't want it
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
Old 2016-02-13, 17:26   Link #12
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Speak for yourself.

How is Touma a hypocrite? Because he spouted justice and then just decided to "cut off Kamisato"? I would have done so too, seeing as how he still wishes for death on the magic gods even after Nephthys's sacrifice. The magic gods offered Kamisato a form of happiness for compensation, and gave some of his harem a chance to interact with him. Unfortunately for them Kamisato is too hard on himself and rejects the notion of affection given to him and paints the world in his own colors. He's far too cynical.
Old 2016-02-13, 17:26   Link #13
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Well, attempted to kill Noukan really. Though to be fair Noukan did attack and attempt to kill him first.
Quote:
Speak for yourself.

My point is Touma wouldn't have killed Noukan. He would've tried to find another way or die trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
I think the harem antics were purposefully awkward for us to sympathize with Kamisato's harem rejecter. This is all being forced on him and he doesn't want it
I know it was on purpose. I'm just saying if he learned his lesson the antics shouldn't strike us as awkward now.
Old 2016-02-13, 17:34   Link #14
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Wrong, facing Noukan was like facing Aqua of the Back, trying to speak was useless against those kind of enemies.
Old 2016-02-13, 17:41   Link #15
LazyHunter

Exactly, Noukan's determination and beliefs were as unshakable as Acqua's, otherwise World Rejecter would have worked on him.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 18:23   Link #16
bakato

Quote:
Wrong, facing Noukan was like facing Aqua of the Back, trying to speak was useless against those kind of enemies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Exactly, Noukan's determination and beliefs were as unshakable as Acqua's, otherwise World Rejecter would have worked on him.
When did I ever say talk? FIND ANOTHER WAY. The whole point of the volume was to highlight the fact that Touma wasn't going to compromise on a happy ending for everyone. Kobayashi maru.
Old 2016-02-13, 18:49   Link #17
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The point is that those kind of enemy would crush Touma right away.

What can Touma do against more dakka and overwhelming speed + strength?

Touma just can't, some characters are the type that Touma would lose against as stated on NT10.
Old 2016-02-13, 19:28   Link #18
BladeMancer

Quote:

Touma just can't, some characters are the type that Touma would lose against as stated on NT10.
What about Touma's IT?
Old 2016-02-13, 19:31   Link #19
bakato

Quote:

Then as I said, he'll die trying.
Old 2016-02-13, 21:02   Link #20
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Also Touma already tried viciously killing people, first with Aureoulus and second with the plane terrorist.
Piss off Touma and he will forget hiss own beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
What about Touma's IT?
If he isn't dead.