2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-11-22, 11:42   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Log Horizon S2 - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Log Horizon S2, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-11-22, 11:50   Link #2
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Great episode, my favorite of the recent Akatsuki-centered ones. It was nice that Akatsuki finally made visible character growth. Even so the best part was Shiroe at the end. Almost gave it a 10 but when I saw Shiroe I knew it has to be saved for the next episode. Sorry Akatsuki but you just can't beat the Villain in Glasses
Old 2014-11-22, 11:52   Link #3
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Girl Power (plus Dolce) rules over Enheart! They sure turn their mission on stopping a murderer into a boss raid in Akihabara! Also, kudos to Akatsuki for not only having Haganemushi from Tatara, but earning her overskill as well!

Can't wait for Shiroe to do his part next week!
Old 2014-11-22, 12:08   Link #4
Side-streetdog

I feel bad for Rayneshia for such a bad design in this season.
And the fight kinda bad. I have some hope when Akatsuki slice under her opponent.
But DEEN failed me again. Battle script probably worse than first season.

Spoiler for Akatsuki Skill:

I was expect DEEN will give us some good fight scene but it look like that still too much asking.

If this series will have a next season I hope it will got better anime studio
Old 2014-11-22, 12:20   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ahahah lol, the day I heard 'kiting' being used in an Anime...
Old 2014-11-22, 12:22   Link #6
The Green One

A fun episode, Akatsuki has become lively and expressive as she finally has some confidence now. Raid battle was cleared and the girls are victorious. Next week we switch back to Shiroe's side of the events for likely a far more detailed viewing of their wipe.
Old 2014-11-22, 12:23   Link #7
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Man, I love how WWB and DDD girls kicked SO MUCH ASS.

Especially impressed with Isami knocking the crap out of the boss, she's grown so much.

Last edited by aohige; 2014-11-22 at 12:44.
Old 2014-11-22, 13:11   Link #8
Tenzen12

Overskills aren't something you get as shonen power up as long as you work hard! I think staff working on it missed mark pretty badly here, even though Nazuna nicely spelled it for them
Old 2014-11-22, 14:01   Link #9
Wandering Soul

Nice that the murderer has been defeated, Akatsuki has learned her teaching, and she is now closer to everyone else.

Next week we go back to Shiore's side of the story.
Old 2014-11-22, 15:28   Link #10
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-streetdog View Post
Spoiler for Akatsuki Skill:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Overskills aren't something you get as shonen power up as long as you work hard! I think staff working on it missed mark pretty badly here, even though Nazuna nicely spelled it for them
Is that not what it is? Akatsuki makes copies of herself that disappear upon being hit. Overskills are just different ways of using skills, ways that weren't planned by the system, and require determination and hard work to master (although how would you master something like Hyperion Eye, which just allows you to see HP by concentrating?). Besides, either way, the person who decided that was the same guy from S1, it's not DEEN.
Old 2014-11-22, 15:57   Link #11
Tenzen12

That's the point, it's smart use of already existing skills, you yourself said so, not something that comes with official announcement and can be placed among hotkeys. Trying portrait it as such defeat it's point.

Actualy, depending on type one doesn't even have to work hard, realy important part is know-how, which can be easily conveyed. Well in case of Akatsuki she probably had to be able use well her basic skill these shadow clones are based on and she probably can became more proficient in use of this overskill in future by training, but that's not point here.
Old 2014-11-22, 17:04   Link #12
Random14

Nice that the system recognizes it as a different skill with a new name at least. Exciting episode, though Akatsuki is lucky to get that much good gear, but guess that was the theme of her arc, working with others and now she's powered up to basically become raid-level. She probably had the skill before, but not quite the experience or the equipment or perhaps most importantly the team.

Good thing the boss was mostly easily kited, even with the teleporting, but then that guy wasn't in a sane state of mind anymore either. Nice strategy, leading him around the city, just too bad it required drastic measures to shut off that armor, but seemed to lead to better understanding between Landers and Adventurers. Akatsuki's chat with Shiroe at the end was adorable, but looking forward to seeing Shiroe's side again. Maybe they saved the budget for Shiroe's raid? But especially excited to hear Shiroe's insight on their death experience.
Old 2014-11-22, 17:57   Link #13
ChampDream
Alive

is nice that Akatsuki managed to learn a knew skill and she also learn how to be more social too.
I can't wait to see Shiro again next episode.
Old 2014-11-22, 18:56   Link #14
Mangonel

Everyone gives Akatsuki BoE epics and she gets a custom forged sword from a well-renowned blacksmith. Reminds me of buying BoE random world drop/raid epics off the auction house in vanilla WoW. The kiting bit also seemed like a shout out to hunters bringing world bosses to town. /nostalgia

We also received more of an indication that you get the most out of Elder Tale by treating it like reality rather than as a game.

First was realizing cooking only really works if you actually cook the food, now we know learning advanced skills comes from actually trying to fight rather than using whatever the min/max rotation for your class would be.

I'm wondering what other game-y mechanics this will apply to.
Old 2014-11-22, 20:30   Link #15
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy

Hnnnn...the feels in that episode. >< Akatsuki definitely did some growing. Minori better be bringing her A-game from now on. I can see our favorite assassin being a bit more aggressive in her pursuit of Shiroe.

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Old 2014-11-22, 20:44   Link #16
Ickarium

I don't think Minori has a chance, anyway. She's a middle schooler. Shiroe is an adult; I don't think he's an Ephebophile. ;P Akatsuki has more actual competition from Henrietta or the crazy lady, really.
Old 2014-11-22, 21:30   Link #17
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go0gleplex View Post
Hnnnn...the feels in that episode. >< Akatsuki definitely did some growing.
Totally agree! It's a good thing that she's not alone and everyone can lend a hand in times of crisis.

Once Akatsuki saw her master returned, I'm sure that their combination (Thorn Bind Hostage + Shadow Lurk) would be awesome!
Old 2014-11-23, 00:59   Link #18
Boukenxha

Love the episode! Interesting to see the girls fight with different abilities, too bad we don't know much of their background. That megane girl, Shironiji summoning the golem and later what was that spell, Seine who joined at the same time who wields the dual blades, that monk girl who I can't remember her name and Isami putting up a better fight this time, the muscular girl who quite ironically was using a ranged crossbow lol and wow... Rieze's Freezing Liner probably stole half of the show at the end. Oh yeah the metal soundtrack sure help to drive up the excitement too!

Akatsuki was of course awesome! How she learned her teachings was exactly as I envisioned, in the heat of battle. Shadow Lurk was very cool and perfect in the reasoning that it evolved from her other ninja-ish skills...oh and they used the bionic man sound effect again lol. Tatara's part when she gave away the Haganemushi was great, the sword spinning down from the sky and Akatsuki caught it was cool as hell, lots of feel in that moment when Tatara entrust her to defeat the enemy with the sword, the flashbacks and then Rieze announcing that the 27th maiden has arrived.
Old 2014-11-23, 08:32   Link #19
Yan3242

So basically overskill is just using the existing skill the unsual way like barrier used as stepstone or combine it with other skill like akatsuki does. Kinda remind me with evangelion where asuka use the AT field to attack the angel by crashing it to them.

Not exactly a flawless victory considering now akihabara is free PK town and monster can just walk in, all for 1 annoying murderer

And that black hair girl beside rieze (when she adoring the food) is really cute just an "extra" i suppose?

Next episode we are back to "manly"? Party i guess.
Old 2014-11-23, 09:40   Link #20
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Hmmm, correct me if I'm wrong, I understand that Rieze generally uses a more polite form of Nihongo, doesn't she? So did she, for a moment, switched to the so-called high-school girl slang when gushing over the food in the pajamas party? =3

Signature by liro
Closed Thread