AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are/is your favourite Male Character from Naruto?
Naruto Uzumaki 27 44.26%
Sasuke Uchiha 10 16.39%
Kakashi Hatake 21 34.43%
Shikamaru Nara 21 34.43%
Maito Gai 11 18.03%
Rock Lee 12 19.67%
Neji Hyuuga 11 18.03%
Hiruzen Sarutobi 5 8.20%
Danzou Shimura 1 1.64%
Jiraiya 20 32.79%
Minato Namikaze 16 26.23%
Itachi Uchiha 27 44.26%
Orochimaru 7 11.48%
Kabuto Yakushi 1 1.64%
Gaara 12 19.67%
Mifune 0 0%
Oonoki 4 6.56%
Kisame 4 6.56%
Chojuro 1 1.64%
A 2 3.28%
B/Killer Bee 11 18.03%
Darui 3 4.92%
Nagato Uzumaki/Pain 6 9.84%
Tobi/Obito Uchiha 3 4.92%
Madara Uchiha 9 14.75%
Hashirama Senju 7 11.48%
Other 7 11.48%
Sai 2 3.28%
Haku 7 11.48%
Zabuza 8 13.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-11-12, 16:15   Link #1
james0246

Naruto Favourite Male Character(s) Poll (Manga)

Welcome to the Naruto Favourite Male Character(s) Poll, the place when you can adorn your favourite "Naruto" characters and support them expressing all of your love!

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to come back and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.
  • This is not a 'Hot or Not' thread. A characters apparent physical attractiveness can have bearing on your choice, but please do not turn this thread into a discussion on the subjective display of physical beauty.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Note, I tried to use a character from each major village. Sadly, besides Konoha there were never that many prominent characters from the other villages. I also tried to include every major male character who had a decent size role during the story (this is why I left out characters like Kiba, Shino or Kankuro etc), though Darui and Chojuro were only really included because they became Kages in the epilogue.

Edit: I forgot Sai and Zabuza .

Edit 2: I will post the female version of this thread later.

Edit 3: All images "stolen" from Narutopedia.

Last edited by james0246; 2014-11-12 at 17:03.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 17:58   Link #2
BPD Renegade

Wait a second, Haku might not have been a major character, but he had a huge influence on Naruto. Meeting Haku is arguably Naruto's first real introduction into the shinobi world and its darker aspects. It's this arc where Naruto first leaves the insulated bubble of Konoha. It's through meeting Haku that Naruto is forced into that first step of maturation. His childlike desire to become a shinobi solely for the sake of recognition becomes tempered with the truth of what he really signed up for, and it's because of what the situation in Wave forced him to confront that he begins to develop his own shinobi code. I'd say that Haku has a major role, maybe not in the overall plot, but in Naruto's personal development.

That said, I'm not sure who my favorite male character is, so I won't vote quite yet. It may very well end up being 'other.'
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 18:31   Link #3
itachi-san314

kakashi's always been my favorite character. he was the reason i got into the series in the first place and he was a solid character all the way through to the end. i also really like sasuke and then jiraiya and itachi as side characters. and orochimaru is my favorite villain

as much as i like naruto's character, i don't like how he changed from talent-less hard worker to genetically gifted god
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 18:39   Link #4
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
as much as i like naruto's character, i don't like how he changed from talent-less hard worker to genetically gifted god
So much this. I'd add on my strong dislike of the butchering Kurama's character got toward the end as well, though that and Naruto's change went closely in hand anyway.

If I really had to think about it, Jiraiya would be my personal favorite. Pain, it goes without saying, is my favorite antagonist. Tobi was great before taking off his mask, but Pain just did something for me that Tobi never did.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 19:22   Link #5
sayde

This is a shonen. So I tend to always pick the strong guys as my favorites. That being said, I've been a big fan of Hashirama ever since I learned of how strong he was. Defeating Madara armed with the hax-ness of the sharingan and Kurama simultaneously using wood-based jutsus just blows my mind no matter how many times I see it animated. It still perplexes me to a degree. I mean Madara proved strong enough to take on all the Kage's alone. And Kurama was strong enough to take on a Kage level opponent with only 6 tails and half his chakra (vs Pain).

Hashirama also gets bonus points for having a personality that I could see being pretty fun to hang out with.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 19:27   Link #6
james0246

I added Sai, Haku and Zabuza to the poll. I thought about adding Kurama, but decided to just create a Bijuu poll later.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 00:39   Link #7
Luminer Astartes
Khorne-forged

Thankfully, I am able to vote for multiple characters rather than just one, because I like so many. However, I personally love all of these the most out of all the choices:

-Naruto.
-Gaara.
-Killer Bee.
-Haku.
-Zabuza.

It's rare that I ever find myself liking male characters. But these guys really stood out for me throughout. I'll explain why bellow, in no particular order.

-Haku: I loved this guy. His role, as mentioned before, was not all that big and it was so long ago, some have forgotten him. And yet, this is the boy that shook Naruto awake from his glorification of being a ninja. Naruto adopted Haku's own philosophy that people only truly become strong when they have something to protect. A theme that has since been present time and again. It helps that he's a deep character himself with a sympathetic backstory and genuinely is one of THE nicest characters in the whole series.

-Zabuza: Similarly to Haku, Zabuza served as Naruto's introduction to the ninja world and it's dark, messed up function. At the same time, he was the first victim of Naruto's affectionately nicknamed Talk-no-Jutsu and by far one of the most memorable ones. In addition, Zabuza was a great villain and his personality, though often cruel, contains enough humanity to make him endearing. He's and Haku were the only reason I tolerated the en masse Edo Tensei zombies considering how jovial they were when exchanging banter with Kakashi, Sakura and the Alliance regarding Naruto.

-Gaara: This character was always someone I enjoyed. I liked him as the crazy psycho killer but I loved him once he made his change for the better. His personality was endearing and his fighting style just fun to watch despite being a basic "trap them and then crush them" strategy.

-Killer B: What is there to NOT like about this guy? He never, technically, loses his fights. He's a goof and yet in his debut fight TROUNCED Sasuke and his fancy-shmancy Mangekyo Sharingan. Sasuke of all people! And among the multitude of characters introduced in Part II, it seemed like he had the most purpose here: from showing what a jinchuuriki could do when taming their beast, to teaching Naruto and finally to being one of last bastions during the later stages of the war.

-Naruto: Yeah a pretty typical answer but still. I LOVE this kid. From his bratty half-pint attitude (Part I) to his courageous and inspiring hero (Part II) to even his caring father self (Epilogue). It's a little bit weird that I like him so much. Maybe it is because I always root for that one guy who has so many odds stacked against them, but they just keep getting back up that I want to see him succeed. And while the manga had its share of ups and downs, Naruto at least remained entertaining throughout. If there's one thing Kishimoto did well, it is make Naruto one of the most memorable manga characters to date.
Luminer Astartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 18:21   Link #8
GS 1.0

For me it really has to be Itachi, I know it might seem like a generic choice, but his whole character and plot was just so well done! The depth to this character and his emotions just always seemed to hit me harder, more so than others. Please don't get me wrong, there are so many other characters that have so much sadness in their past and I respect those characters for that. However, Itachi's story always stood out to me!

A very close second is Gaara
If you're into anime and gaming please feel free to check out me and my bands YouTube Channel, GS 1.0! We perform both Original songs and covers all based around anime and gaming. So please check us out and tell us what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQYO...Ma0Z8ssgtKwPAA
GS 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 14:19   Link #9
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

At first, I really hated Itachi, almost as much as Sasuke hated him. But as we learned the truth about his role in the downfall of the Uchiha clan, I sympathized with his plight. He was trapped between duty and family, and he ultimately made great sacrifices for the sake of his village, helping Obito kill his own parents and clanmates in order to assure the prevention of a bloody coup de'tat.

He was manipulated, and he knew it. But even so, he took the blame and went into exile all for the good of others, especially his brother. He was truly selfless, and it's my belief that he helped save Sasuke in the end as much as he had sent Sasuke on the warpath in the first place.

My second choice was Naruto, of course, but I really wanted to choose my favorite character in terms of their growth. Not saying Naruto didn't grow as a character, mind you, but rather I was astonished at how much my opinion of Itachi changed over the course of reading the manga.
Old 2014-11-26, 14:28   Link #10
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

One word.

Jiraiya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol The lovable SUPER PERVERT!

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 21:15   Link #11
Cael
Lurker Mode

1) Tobirama
2) Itachi
3) Jiraiya
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 21:49   Link #12
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist