AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-04-30, 21:21   Link #1
RichMan
????

Zeta Gundam boxset (was: Is this bootleg?)

I've been looking around for dvd's of Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. Just a while ago I stumbled upon this website that has all the episodes on DVD for only $ 53.99!!

Here are the details:

No. of Disc: 6
Region Code: All code, region free
Dialogue: Japanese
Subtitle: English/Chinese

It sounds great, but i'm not too sure if this is the real dvd boxset or just a bunch of homemade dvd-r's of fansubs.

Does anyone know if this website is the real deal, or just bootleg?

here's the website:

http://bootlegs.R.us/

If you know any other websites with the Zeta Gundam boxset(at a good price)? if so, plz tell me.

Last edited by xris; 2004-05-01 at 03:34. Reason: Removed link to bootleg
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 21:27   Link #2
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Yes. Dead give away, the subtitles, english/chinese. Its probably either Manga or Anime, as the companies, if its either of this, pure bootleg. If its not R2 and not licensed in the US, its 100% bootlegged/fansub ripoff.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 21:34   Link #3
RichMan
????

Aww, that sucks.

Does anyone know where I can find the "real" Zeta Gundam dvd boxset?
Old 2004-04-30, 21:42   Link #4
method

The real boxset won't be released until sometime this fall.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 22:13   Link #5
RichMan
????

This anime has been around since 1985 and your telling me there is no dvd boxset of it in existance?
Old 2004-04-30, 22:36   Link #6
Suikun

Well... Zeta wasn't licensed for the US by Bandai until just recently... and actually, all things considered, we're getting a US boxset pretty damn quickly - normally you have to wait until everything's been released individually and sales have slowed down for a decent boxset of an anime.
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 22:59   Link #7
method

Yep. Well Bandai has only been releasing the various gundam titles since 1999. Then factor in that Bandai is skipping around between UC and AU. The long wait is attributed to the dubbing studio switch due to union reasons and newer titles taking precedent over it.
Old 2004-04-30, 23:17   Link #8
RichMan
????

does the japanese boxset (R2) have english subtitles?
Old 2004-04-30, 23:27   Link #9
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMan
Hard to say. Sometimes they do, if it was licensed already by a country in the region 2 district. But in this case, Zeta probably does. On a similar topic, rumor has it that there will be a Zeta Gundam compilation soon. I.E there going to do the same thing that they did with Gundam 0079, Turn A Gundam & SEED, and compress it into 2 or 3 volumes/movies. It's supposedly going to have remastered animation & sound.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 00:07   Link #10
method

Just checked cdjapan for their Zeta listing and unfortunately no english subtitles. Even if they had English subs, the price IMO isn't worth it. CDjapan has each disc for 6000 and yen there are 13 discs.
Old 2004-05-01, 00:13   Link #11
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Bandai announced a while back that they were going to do a complete box release of Z Gundam in R1 in September.

The box will be out first for the fans, and they'll move later into individual disc releases. I, of course, will be waiting with my preorder out as soon as it is announced
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 09:48   Link #12
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
Bandai announced a while back that they were going to do a complete box release of Z Gundam in R1 in September.

The box will be out first for the fans, and they'll move later into individual disc releases. I, of course, will be waiting with my preorder out as soon as it is announced
The Boxed set was supposed to come out September 2003, or some time that fall. But because Gundam SEED was licensed around that time, they held back the release again. The first time was because of the change in the dubbing studio. I hope it means that Ocean Group is doing the DUB and not the other studio Bandai uses. Anyways, the Zeta DVD's are done and ready to roll out. It's kind of tactless to me for Bandai to release the boxed sets for both Zeta and SEED in the same month. I have to dish out a shit load of money for both boxed sets. I would wait for the idividual disc's to come out, but it'll take forever for Bandai to get them all out, and in the end it's cheaper and easier to buy the Boxed Set.

Last edited by Silver_Scorcher; 2004-05-01 at 10:01.
Old 2004-05-01, 09:49   Link #13
Suikun

I can't wait for this to release, though.

I so prefer boxsets to individual volumes (I don't think it's all that fair to people like me who despise collecting individual discs that only fans of the "individual discs + box w/first volume" type release are the people who get it first and with the limited box, which is why I definitely want to support Bandai on this release.

Now, if only Bandai would give us 8th MS Team and 0083 boxsets already...
Old 2004-05-01, 11:34   Link #14
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikun

I so prefer boxsets to individual volumes (I don't think it's all that fair to people like me who despise collecting individual discs that only fans of the "individual discs + box w/first volume" type release are the people who get it first and with the limited box, which is why I definitely want to support Bandai on this release.

You do know that bandai want to the boxset because of SEED right?They don't have time for Zeta so they just let it all out in one go and later comeback for the individual.
BanditKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 11:48   Link #15
Suikun

Yeah, but if that's what it takes to get a boxset right off the bat, then that's fine with me.

I will admit it's kinda' annoying how much Bandai is putting into Seed over everything else they've got now, though. But, hey, Seed was a very successful "relaunch" of Gundam in Japan, and very well could be here.
Old 2004-05-03, 12:39   Link #16
feedmeister
kaigunjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikun

Two subjects near & dear to me.

An 8th MST box set and

The single disk in a big empty box (If you hold it up to your ear you can hear the ocean!).

When I watch a series, I usually want to watch the whole series instead of waiting. The way things are now, by the time the last disk is released it's hard to get ahold of the limited edition super whammodyne volume one with the box.

Most of these series I'm waiting in the hopes that someday there will be a REAL box set release. If it never happens then they can kiss my butt. I'm not buying it anyway. There's enough anime coming out now that I'll spend my money on someone else's product. I just wish these companies would make up their mind. ADV did a decent job with Southern Cross & Mospeada (athough I thought they deserved better than a brick) but they're just stringing me along with Dunbine.
feedmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 20:21   Link #17
Quiddity
Emma Fan

Quote:
The Boxed set was supposed to come out September 2003, or some time that fall. But because Gundam SEED was licensed around that time, they held back the release again.
It was originally announced to be airing on Cartoon Network in 2003, way back over a year ago. But they never said the box set was coming out that early, they simply said at the time that the DVDs would come out starting in the fall/early winter of 2003. It wasn't until the show was delayed to this year that word of a box set first started coming out.

Quote:
The first time was because of the change in the dubbing studio. I hope it means that Ocean Group is doing the DUB and not the other studio Bandai uses.
They still used Ocean Group, but they used the cheap studio (Blue Water) rather than the good one (Westwood). Blue Water dubbed G Gundam, Westwood dubbed Wing, Endless Waltz, MS Gundam and CCA.

Quote:
Anyways, the Zeta DVD's are done and ready to roll out. It's kind of tactless to me for Bandai to release the boxed sets for both Zeta and SEED in the same month. I have to dish out a shit load of money for both boxed sets. I would wait for the idividual disc's to come out, but it'll take forever for Bandai to get them all out, and in the end it's cheaper and easier to buy the Boxed Set.
1. Bandai has never said Seed will come out in a boxed set before the original release. Infact I'd say the odds of that happening are like 100 to 1, Seed's the big cash cow for the company they're not stupid enough to release the whole thing at once at a reduced price.

2. Bandai has never said Seed is coming out in September. Only fall 2004 (and technically Zeta's coming out in summer 2004, since early Sept is still summer). For all we know the first disc for Seed might not be out til late November or even later.
Quiddity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 08:28   Link #18
ShinDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMan
Zeta Gundam R2 DVDs don't have any subtitles.
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 09:33   Link #19
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiddity
It was originally announced to be airing on Cartoon Network in 2003, way back over a year ago. But they never said the box set was coming out that early, they simply said at the time that the DVDs would come out starting in the fall/early winter of 2003. It wasn't until the show was delayed to this year that word of a box set first started coming out.

They still used Ocean Group, but they used the cheap studio (Blue Water) rather than the good one (Westwood). Blue Water dubbed G Gundam, Westwood dubbed Wing, Endless Waltz, MS Gundam and CCA.

1. Bandai has never said Seed will come out in a boxed set before the original release. Infact I'd say the odds of that happening are like 100 to 1, Seed's the big cash cow for the company they're not stupid enough to release the whole thing at once at a reduced price.

2. Bandai has never said Seed is coming out in September. Only fall 2004 (and technically Zeta's coming out in summer 2004, since early Sept is still summer). For all we know the first disc for Seed might not be out til late November or even later.

I was Misinformed I guess. A site that seemed reliable enough to me said that that the Zeta boxed set and SEED boxed set would be released in September. I found the latter hard to believe but I took it in anyway's. After visiting the site a couple of days ago, it apparently changed from a SEED boxed set to the start of distributing the SEED DVD's in September. It still said that the Zeta boxed set will be released September 7th. I find that easy to believe.

I hope they distro SEED the way they did with G Gundam, and do the DVD's in sets of three. If it's anything like the way Bandai normally releases there DVD's (Whereas a volume for a series is released every 2 months), it could take 2 years to finish getting the SEED DVD's.

On a related note, the Zeta Gundam compilation movies were confirmed and will begin in 2005, according to Gunota Headlines (probably the most reliable source regarding Gundam rumors). It's the same format that was used for the original Gundam whereas three movies will be made to compress the series from 50 eps to about 6 or 7 hours of footage. New voice overs and new scenes are said to be thrown into the mix as well.
Old 2004-05-10, 16:36   Link #20
Quiddity
Emma Fan

Gundam Plus, right? They say Zeta on September 7, 2004 (which was said by Bandai Marketting Dept. Employee Jerry Chu a while back), Seed DVDs in Sept and F91 in the theaters in May. But I've never heard those latter to confirmed by any official source. Its only been said as 'fall 2004' for Seed DVDs and I haven't heard anything on F91 in a long, long time. We've barely gotten any details on that.

Since Seed is Bandai's next Gundam Wing, I see them releasing one disc at a time, 4 episodes per disc to maximize revenue. I highly doubt they'll go every other month again, once a month is probably right. We might see an empty box going with disc 1, but I doubt they'll go the G Gundam route and release mini box sets until the entire series has been released.
Quiddity is offline   Reply With Quote