AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-07-02, 00:43   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 683 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 01:26   Link #2
ranchan13

Yawn
I am not impressed. Yet another chapter that goes nowhere
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 02:03   Link #3
akumaten

Hear comes the deus ex machina no jutsu again....Now for the dead kages
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 02:48   Link #4
Wandering Soul

Not much except for the Sage appearing before the kages. It looks like Obito is now a fully realized member of the church of Naruto.
Old 2014-07-02, 05:10   Link #5
itachi-san314

so now the long dead characters are meeting even longer dead characters? jeez
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 05:53   Link #6
Chosen_Hero

So how many times was it stated in this chapter that Sasuke wasn't with them?, as I read I was like "Oh, shut up we get it Kishi your precious Sasuke is somewhere else and he's important to the plot, can we now get some actual plot?"
Old 2014-07-02, 06:41   Link #7
james0246

Transitional chapter, but still progression toward the final conflict. Don't know what the Sage is going to do with the Kages (teach them to summon Kaguyu and the others?), but it is still an interesting enough development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
so now the long dead characters are meeting even longer dead characters? jeez
Strangely enough, I actually expect dead characters to interact with deader characters more than I expect live ones to interact with the dead...

Whatever the case, expect massive amounts of crossover fanfiction as fans realize Kaguyu is a natural pathway to adding characters to other fictional universes. That's right, Kaguyu is going to (accidentally or otherwise) send Sasuke to DC, Naruto to Marvel, Sakura to Fairy Tail, Obito to Bleach and Kakashi to Harry Potter (or whatever combination you prefer). And of course everyone will get a harem in which ever world they end up landing in...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 09:09   Link #8
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Transitional chapter, but still progression toward the final conflict. Don't know what the Sage is going to do with the Kages (teach them to summon Kaguyu and the others?), but it is still an interesting enough development.
lets see….Hagoromo pops up just as a plan to revive a conveniently found lower Madara half is underway.
So once again he stands in front of his children indra and ashura…whats was that that happened the last time?
oh yeah, he gave them both the power to seal kaguya. i see you kishi, you going for the indra/ashura +madara/hashirama + sasuke/naruto VS kaguya?!?!!!! you sir are just to kind
Old 2014-07-02, 10:57   Link #9
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
+madara/hashirama + sasuke/naruto VS kaguya?!?!!!! you sir are just to kind
That would be so awesome but disappointing at the same time.

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 11:03   Link #10
quagmire

Wait.... Why would they want to revive Madara again? He escaped it the last time so why have that repeat itself? Or now that Madara knows how it feels to be betrayed, he will follow Obito's path and fall to Talk no jutsu as well?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 12:05   Link #11
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
i think he's going to revive madara and have the same talk with them that he did with naruto and sasuke. at this point i wouldnt be surprised if he revived ashura and indra too

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Wait.... Why would they want to revive Madara again? He escaped it the last time so why have that repeat itself? Or now that Madara knows how it feels to be betrayed, he will follow Obito's path and fall to Talk no jutsu as well?
well now madara will just be normal madara so hashirama can take him if he gets out of line. i expect madara will become another follower of narutism (hashiramatism) at this point. this series is seriously going to end with orochimaru being the only real bad guy
Old 2014-07-02, 12:06   Link #12
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I like this Kaguya.... she's so badass and hax..
changing terrain like a boss and hiding in dimensional space

and Obito is back... I wonder when he would die for real
Seems like Naruto only able to recover few of his life spans
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 12:38   Link #13
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

So Naruto just healed Obito, but didn't necessarily save his life, as it seems he'll die soon regardless.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 12:39   Link #14
The Small One

Actually, I wonder what exactly the sage appeared for.

As black Zetsu explained, even the sage had no idea about what was really going on all the time and about Kaguya beeing behind everything. And as a dead character, he shouldn't be able to have any newer information than those he had when he met with Naruto and Sasuke.
As a matter of fact he shouldn't be able to tell the Kages anything useful at all. Even Madara should know more than him at this point, but Madara can't tell them about Kaguya running around neither, because he was killed when she appeared.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 13:09   Link #15
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
his talk is going to turn madara into a good guy which of course will be a major additional force against kaguya. i expect to see hashirama and madara combine forces as well as sasuke and naruto
Old 2014-07-02, 13:37   Link #16
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:

As black Zetsu explained, even the sage had no idea about what was really going on all the time and about Kaguya beeing behind everything. And as a dead character, he shouldn't be able to have any newer information than those he had when he met with Naruto and Sasuke.
As a matter of fact he shouldn't be able to tell the Kages anything useful at all. Even Madara should know more than him at this point, but Madara can't tell them about Kaguya running around neither, because he was killed when she appeared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
lets see….Hagoromo pops up just as a plan to revive a conveniently found lower Madara half is underway.
So once again he stands in front of his children indra and ashura…whats was that that happened the last time?
oh yeah, he gave them both the power to seal kaguya. i see you kishi, you going for the indra/ashura +madara/hashirama + sasuke/naruto VS kaguya?!?!!!! you sir are just to kind
Avoided retyping

But yeah madara gonna not like hearing that he was manipulated and what not. And the sage was made unawares in the past, he likely witnessed zetsus little speech
Old 2014-07-02, 13:42   Link #17
Apollian

the only problem I have with the Sage Hagoromo appearing is does he know that his been screwed?.. was he listening to all of Black Zetsu's revelations?
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 14:19   Link #18
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
the only problem I have with the Sage Hagoromo appearing is does he know that his been screwed?.. was he listening to all of Black Zetsu's revelations?
I assume so. But even if he doesn't know, he is most assuredly aware that kaguya has been revived and will impress upon them the urgency to reseal her. Then they will get their very on friendship tattoos
But he has to know because madara is gonna need to know how misguided he was
Old 2014-07-02, 15:04   Link #19
Casshern

Hagoromo is gonna revive Madara, then grab him and Hashirama and say "Now kiss!"
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 16:19   Link #20
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
And as a dead character, he shouldn't be able to have any newer information than those he had when he met with Naruto and Sasuke.

Well apparently he can meet with the reincarnations of his sons when they are about to die, and Madara was revived and now he is kinda dying because Kaguya took over his body. So that could activate the Sage in Madara.

And the sage explained how he can travel through time to meet his sons and also he tells he can predict things well. Funny thing he didn't know about black Zetsu, but now since Madara is being killed he awakened again and gained Madara's knowledge. So he probably wants to tell to Hashirama the truth that he didn't tell to Naruto when Naruto was asking about Kaguya. Since Naruto and Sasuke are now in the same position as he and his brother were he surely can give advice on how to defeat her. Actually he and his brother are the only ones who can give advice on how to defeat her.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion