AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2011-12-13, 18:17   Link #1
[T]ensio[N]
Moe Moe Kyun~ <3

Amp Help

Hey guys! For a while I've been trying to get a new amp and now I set my mind to it and am going to buy it hopefully this month. I need some help with the amps that I want though. I'm stuck between these two amps [both Vox] The Lil' Night Train set [Includes NT2 Head and V110NT Cabinet] and The AC4TV Set with a V112TV cabinet. I play almost every genre, but mostly metal. [Music like Avenged Sevenfold, K-ON!!, Greenday, Iron Maiden, Muse, etc. etc.] I have a fake Fender Strat. When I looked at the electronics it looked like Fender Squier electronics, but I replaced the pickups with some spares that I had but I don't know the brand, but my friend thinks it might be Dimarzios [High Distortion Humbucker bridge with two single coils for the neck and mid] I plan on using the amp for practice at home [noise level doesn't matter. I have a big house and practice my acoustic drumset in it] and for Jazz Band at school, and if it's good enough use it to audition for Berklee.
This ended up being really long sorry Thanks for your time!
Old 2012-01-08, 12:18   Link #2
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Common questions I usually ask myself before I buy something music gear related:

What's my price range
What sound am I looking for?
How tough/how much abuse it can take?
Does it have features such as reverb, delay, hall, etc.
What rooms will I use this in?

Anyway, I have never had any experice with a Vox amps as I play the violin and we dont' need amps, lol (unless of course, it's electric) however, I'm gonna check some Youtube vids out and see what sounds best.

Snow_Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 12:59   Link #3
[T]ensio[N]
Moe Moe Kyun~ <3

Haha thanks. I should've said something earlier... I found an amp and I bought it on christmas eve. Thanks anyway though. And the violin is an awesome instrument. I personally prefer cello [I like the bassy tone and I play cello] but the violin is awesome with the right player and right songs.

Tags
amp, fender, guitar, music, vox