Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2023-09-19, 22:30   Link #701
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, If last chapter focused on Percy, and this one focused on both platoons, I guess the next one will be all about Lancelot vs. Nanashi....?
Next chapter title is "Good for Nothing" so I'm assuming it'll be about Tristan.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-21, 16:35   Link #702
WingedAccelerator

Anne was impressive.

Fingers crossed for ditching the obligatory fanservice outfit in the future that looks out of place for a fencer.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-26, 17:07   Link #703
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Gawain was so cool. She acknowledged the others as her friends, knocked out the Knights in an instant, and gave a nice pep talk to Tristan. Aneki!!
Old 2023-09-26, 17:09   Link #704
marvelB

New chappy is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Next chapter title is "Good for Nothing" so I'm assuming it'll be about Tristan.
Well, that partly turned out to be the case, yes. The prince is still struggling with the Testament Beast, who uses their last remaining sliver of sanity to tell him to go get his uncle's help. However, Tristan stubbornly refuses to flee. Meanwhile, the rest of the Percy platoon are down, and are now at the mercy of the Chaos Knights! But before they can finish off our heroes, Gawain finally springs back into action (and back in her daytime form, no less)! After taking out the knights (except Rosebank, who she spares), she joins up with Tristan to take on the Testament Beast, telling him she understands how he feels to be considered a "failure"....!!!!

Ah, it's nice to see Gawain in her grown form again. Also liked that Shouryuken she pulled off there at the end, heh. Anyway, funny that this is the second time now that Rosebank was spared by the heroes. She probably won't fight them anymore since her feelings are more or less out in the open now, but either way, I can't see Arthur taking her treachery against him very lightly.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-03, 17:18   Link #705
marvelB

A bump since it's that time again! Not much to say here since it was another action-heavy chapter, but it was still cool to see Tristan and Gawain teaming up. And hey, Tristan actually used Full Counter for once (first time in the series he's done so, I believe)! So now Schwarz and his gang are free from the curse, the gate to Camelot is still intact (for now), and only two battles remain....
Old 2023-10-03, 17:42   Link #706
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Gawain just casually sitting on Schwarz's face
Old 2023-10-10, 06:49   Link #707
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Yeah.

And I also liked seeing both Tristan and Gawain teaming up and also the former using Full Counter. I'd say this is a sign that he's finally starting to accept that he's Meliodas' son. Pretty good, too, that it's at least partly because of what Gawain said.
Old 2023-10-10, 17:03   Link #708
marvelB

Welp, the latest chapter is probably the lightest on dialogue yet! Anyway, focus is on Lancelot vs. Nanashi now. Again, not much to say here, but a couple moments did stand out to me: First, Nanashi's sword didn't break when Lance used it against him, so it must be made from some real darn strong material to withstand his power. Next, Nanashi says he went into hiding back during the first holy war, yet now he's fighting in this one because there's something he wants to "see for himself". Really curious as to the full story behind that.....
Old 2023-10-10, 17:56   Link #709
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Welp, the latest chapter is probably the lightest on dialogue yet! Anyway, focus is on Lancelot vs. Nanashi now. Again, not much to say here, but a couple moments did stand out to me: First, Nanashi's sword didn't break when Lance used it against him, so it must be made from some real darn strong material to withstand his power. Next, Nanashi says he went into hiding back during the first holy war, yet now he's fighting in this one because there's something he wants to "see for himself". Really curious as to the full story behind that.....
You're mistaken. The reason the sword didn't break is because Lancelot was massively holding back. That was supposed to be a hint he wasn't taking the fight seriously. He's going to stomp Nanashi next week.
Old 2023-10-14, 17:04   Link #710
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 125 spoilers:
Old 2023-10-16, 16:18   Link #711
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Thanks for the spoiler.

Spoiler for reply:

Either way, it seems interesting.
Old 2023-10-18, 04:20   Link #712
WingedAccelerator

Lancelot erases any sort of tension when he fights.

Not sure why was an emphasis on gradual progress when he exists.
Old 2023-10-18, 15:32   Link #713
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Lancelot erases any sort of tension when he fights.

Not sure why was an emphasis on gradual progress when he exists.
Guess that settles it, then.... Lancelot is the true Escanor of the sequel, not Gawain!

Anyway, brief as it was, it was still cool to finally get more of Nanashi's backstory, IMO. So in a nutshell, he's testing the heroes by joining the enemy side. He's also clearly an archangel, from the number of wings he has. In that case, I wonder how he measures up compared to the archangels from the previous holy war? I doubt he's stronger than Mael, but maybe he's closer to his level....?
Old 2023-10-18, 16:17   Link #714
WingedAccelerator

Escanor at least had the daytime-nighttime limitations, and he was still far from being impervious to attacks. Nanashi figured out the basics or it seemed when it comes to Lancelot's magic, but still couldn't even scratch him. Mind reading with this busted attack absorption-redirection-auto healing in a package is just too much.
Old 2023-10-18, 16:23   Link #715
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Guess that settles it, then.... Lancelot is the true Escanor of the sequel, not Gawain!
I mean, Gawain has always been the Merlin here, really. She's way more effective as a mage than a fighter.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-24, 14:27   Link #716
marvelB

Next chapter's here! So, the heroes prevailed, and the enemies were captured..... for the most part. All that's left is Percy vs. Mortach! How does our young hero fare against a guy whose skill with the sword exceeds Ironside's....?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

As it turns out, Percy managed to BEAT Ironside in Lancelot's simulation of him! The only one he couldn't beat was Lance himself! As OP as always, that guy!

Anyway, the next chapter title definitely seems to point towards a flashback of Percy's birth.....
Old 2023-10-24, 17:54   Link #717
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I find it way too convenient that Lancelot trained Percival to fight using only his sword and no magic right before Percival had a big showdown against a guy who is a great swordsman and can seal magic. You'd think he was the one who could see the future instead of Guinevere
Old 2023-10-25, 04:11   Link #718
WingedAccelerator

The simulation part was more annoying to me than the convenient aspect of the fight. Revealing that the "opponents" in Chapter 114 was actually just "opponent" referring to only Lancelot, meaning Percival cleared the Ironside level.

The arc is not so hot with the fights. You know what, I hope they go to Camelot next. Most likely there will be an unknown group of strong characters after Arthur is brought back to his senses anyways.
Old 2023-10-31, 16:09   Link #719
marvelB

Chapter 127 is here, and as expected, we get the story of Percival's origins. Looks like my earlier theory was partly right: Ironside did indeed summon the life spirits as a means of saving his family..... or more specifically, Diodra. But it turns out Percy wasn't of his blood, after all.... rather, he was a random baby he snatched from some dead royals (whom it seems vaguely implied he may have murdered). So from the very beginning, he merely viewed Percy as a tool to save his own son, yet his selfish actions literally caused him to create his own worst enemy..... a tragic irony of fate, that is. At least Varghese had the good sense to call out Ironside on his twisted actions and chose to raise Percy as if he were his own, even if he ended up paying for it later in life. So I guess now begins Percy's true journey of self-discovery....?
Old 2023-10-31, 18:50   Link #720
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think Nasiens will comfort Percival, since he was also raised by someone who wasn't his real family. It doesn't matter that he wasn't blood-related to Varghese, he was loved all the same.