AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-12-27, 16:07   Link #541
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Percival's naming sense.....! Man, couldn't he have come up with a better and/or more original name?! "Percival Sword"? Really?

Good that he has Meliodas' blessing to keep the sword.
Old 2023-01-09, 16:55   Link #542
marvelB

First chapter of the year isn't out just yet (should be here tomorrow), but I came across some spoilers and figured, what the heck:

Spoiler for 90:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-11, 13:59   Link #543
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So Ironside has two sons? Percival and Diodra/Theodra? Or maybe he just considers this other kid his son more than he does Percival.

Anyway. So, we really are going that route with Guinevere and Arthur: the latter will be cucked by Lancelot who'll steal the former from him.
Old 2023-01-12, 05:24   Link #544
WingedAccelerator

Sweet, Ironside has a chance of pulling off "Oh... God... You took the wrong son..." later.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-12, 11:25   Link #545
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Diodra might be from the Goddess Clan. Look at his eyes. But that brings two things to might:
1. If Ironside also upholds the policy of having a country for only humans, then he's a hypocrite for keeping a non-human kid with him.
2. If Diodra's truly his biological son, it means his wife was a Goddess. Again, if that's true, then it's hypocritical of him.

Makes me also wonder if Percival's half Goddess Clan clansman himself. Even though he doesn't have Goddess Clan eyes.
Old 2023-01-12, 18:58   Link #546
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

His pupils look a bit weird but those are definitely not the signature Goddess clan pupils, which are the same for all of them.

Arthur looked like his old self when Guinevere walked in on him and Merlin. He quickly reverted to evil smug asshole, but it makes me wonder if Merlin is trying to treat him.
Old 2023-01-14, 07:19   Link #547
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, maybe she really is trying to treat him. Would also mean she hasn't really betrayed the other Sins, so hopefully this is the case.
Old 2023-01-16, 22:39   Link #548
AP24

So according to volume omake, Thetis’ father is
Spoiler for Spoiler:
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-16, 23:03   Link #549
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't even remember who Golgius is. Refresher, please? Anyone?
Old 2023-01-17, 01:12   Link #550
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

He's that Holy Knight with the invisibility magic that tried to kill the old doctor guy way at the start of the series.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-17, 14:08   Link #551
marvelB

Yeah, Golgius was one of the early villains of NNT, one of the holy knights who had captured Ban. Feels kinda random for him to be Thetis' father, but I guess it's proof that he changed his ways, heh.

Anyway, bad news: NO CHAPTER THIS WEEK! Seems there was a delay in getting the new chapter done on time, hence the sudden break. On the plus side, something interesting to note is that in an upcoming issue, we'll be getting an anime announcement for the series' two-year anniversary. Boy, two years.... how time flies, eh?
Old 2023-01-24, 14:07   Link #552
marvelB

A bump for the next chapter:

Spoiler for 91:

Oh, and 4KoA anime was announced, though I don't think that's all too surprising at this point, heh.
Old 2023-01-24, 19:09   Link #553
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The anime fucked up hard by giving Sin Lancelot's voice in the trailer. Anyone who watched the movies will be able to figure out his identity right away. Hiring a different VA for Sin was an obvious move.
Old 2023-01-25, 18:07   Link #554
WingedAccelerator

I don't think of it as a fuckup. In the movie, kid Lancelot was already voiced by Uchiyama Kouki or at least I think it was him as well with a higher pitch. Then came the fat fairy with a forehead scar, sounding grumpy, but it was still Uchiyama Kouki's voice. The production team for 4kishi just respected the choice the predecessors made regarding Lancelot's transformations carrying over his voice. Mystery identities in manga format are almost always better compared to the anime counterparts. In anime, they tend to go easy on the viewers, especially with the voices.
Old 2023-01-25, 18:47   Link #555
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chapter's out.

So Merlin bailed a long time ago. This explains why she never talked, it wasn't even her with Arthur. I guess even she had to admit she made a mistake with Arthur and is attempting to find a way to correct it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
I don't think of it as a fuckup. In the movie, kid Lancelot was already voiced by Uchiyama Kouki or at least I think it was him as well with a higher pitch. Then came the fat fairy with a forehead scar, sounding grumpy, but it was still Uchiyama Kouki's voice. The production team for 4kishi just respected the choice the predecessors made regarding Lancelot's transformations carrying over his voice. Mystery identities in manga format are almost always better compared to the anime counterparts. In anime, they tend to go easy on the viewers, especially with the voices.
Just because they made a shit choice doesn't mean they had to follow in their footsteps. The whole reason Lancelot changes appearances is to hide his identity, it makes no sense for him to keep the same voice in every form. This is on the same level of stupid as the way the Quintuplets anime handled the Quints impersonating each other. Their voices gave away who they were every time.
Old 2023-01-26, 04:45   Link #556
WingedAccelerator

Merlin or fake Merlin did talk a bit after Fiddich got canned by Lancelot. It's quite a reveal that she most likely dipped a long time ago. With Gawain being the way she is, Merlin could have made her as a weapon against Arthur deliberately.

Believe it or not, I wanted to use 5toubun as an example as well, but that's another can of worms. Sin having the same voice as Lancelot won't offend me since there is a high chance newcomers won't ever watch the Edinburgh movies. But of course, manga readers will point out that Sin's identity is not a mystery thanks to those movies and it ruins the whole thing.
Old 2023-01-26, 19:19   Link #557
marvelB

So yeah, about the fake Merlin thing, that reminded me of something that's been tugging on my mind for some time. Specifically, one of Britannia's mysteries that Varghese mentioned to Percy all the way back in the first chapter:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^That's from the official TL, but I've also seen fan translations that referred to that mage as one who "closed off their heart" (in fact, a translation with that particular phrasing can be found in the very first page of this thread). Anyway, my point is.... could this mage in question be Merlin? Like maybe she just plain gave up on Arthur after he changed, and in her despair, decided to seclude herself in that tower? It's certainly looking more likely now that we know the Merlin we've been seeing up to this point was a mere fabrication....
Old 2023-01-27, 14:09   Link #558
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Why would Varghese, who'd already betrayed Arthur by that point, call Merlin a "cruel mage"? Only possibility I can think of, but am not sure if it's accurate, is that he actually believed--and still does--the lie he was told about her.
Old 2023-01-31, 14:30   Link #559
marvelB

It's that time again:

Spoiler for 92:
Old 2023-01-31, 20:59   Link #560
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Look like Tristan needs a adult.