AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2023-04-08, 06:50   Link #101
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This game has the best artistic direction since Tales of Arise. The environments they showed in the trailer last month were gorgeous.
Old 2023-05-23, 01:20   Link #102
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Demo is expected to be out on first week of June. Gaming sites who have reviewed said demo have glowing reviews for it, calling it the most well constructed and mature Final Fantasy since forever.

In Yoshi-P we trust. Amen.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-23, 06:14   Link #103
cyberdemon

Can’t wait took a staycation for a week to play this.
Old 2023-05-23, 07:15   Link #104
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Hitoshi Takai also mentioned in an interview that the game has gone gold, and that while they're looking for bugs they're confident in the current build and have no plans right now to release a Day 1 patch for the game. This means that the game is essentially stable, complete and playable with potentially only few bugs present to the best of their knowledge and confidence.

In this day and age of AAA games releasing borked even sometimes despite a Day 1 patch, the last game to manage this was RE4 Remake, a game Capcom was so confident in that they allowed review embargo to lift an entire week before the actual release. If FFXVI turns out similarly than damn man Western devs seriously need to learn a thing or two from Japanese devs.
Old 2023-05-23, 07:31   Link #105
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Japanese studios definitely handle development better. They are given time to polish their product. With a few exceptions, like the latest Pokemon which I believe was quite atrocious on release.

Not going to play the demo. I'm fully confident the game will be good and have already pre-ordered it.
Old 2023-05-23, 10:14   Link #106
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Hitoshi Takai also mentioned in an interview that the game has gone gold, and that while they're looking for bugs they're confident in the current build and have no plans right now to release a Day 1 patch for the game. This means that the game is essentially stable, complete and playable with potentially only few bugs present to the best of their knowledge and confidence.

In this day and age of AAA games releasing borked even sometimes despite a Day 1 patch, the last game to manage this was RE4 Remake, a game Capcom was so confident in that they allowed review embargo to lift an entire week before the actual release. If FFXVI turns out similarly than damn man Western devs seriously need to learn a thing or two from Japanese devs.
YoshiP needed to delay the release of ff14 Endwalker and made a video where he apologized to fans with actual regret. Assassins creed released a game where children unintentionally had their faces removed. I agree
Old 2023-05-24, 12:25   Link #107
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Japanese studios definitely handle development better. They are given time to polish their product. With a few exceptions, like the latest Pokemon which I believe was quite atrocious on release.

Not going to play the demo. I'm fully confident the game will be good and have already pre-ordered it.
I wouldn't make such sweeping generalizations like this, because you're almost always going to be wrong somehow.
The original versions for FF12, FF13, and FF15 were all very unpolished.
There's also Capcom's Street Fighter 5 and Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, most of Sega's 3D Sonic games, PlatinumGame's Bayonetta 3, etc...

Development time also does not necessarily guarantee polish, as there are games from both sides of the world that had nearly 5 years in development and still released in a poor state. See: FF15 and Cyberpunk 2077.
Projects require coordination no matter how much time they're given. It's just some companies end up overpromising, either because of pressure from upper management, or just because features creep up and the leadership isn't wise enough to say no.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 03:11   Link #108
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The demo just got released on GMT+8 where I am. Downloading now. Might be out in other regions also,
Old 2023-06-15, 08:44   Link #109
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Great demo.

Available story bears striking resemblance to Heavensward expansion of XIV, well, its same writer; this time with seinen flavor instead of shonen.
Lore behind the decision making leaves a lot to speculate, just like Heavensward as well. Expect this journey of revenge will became trip to unveil truth.

BTW, as expected, Clive is the cooler Nero. LOL.

Combat? Devil May Cry in RPG style. Not much you can do in demo but what taught is enough to tell combo flexing is part of the fun on upcoming full version.
Then again, I think this will be the toughest part for simple reason not everyone into DMC combat model; VIIR did good job with it combat system I get if some people will be nitpicky about XVI later. OTOH Hugo and Benedikta have that 'potential' dare I say they're wasted if XVI team didn't have plan for Special Edition a la DMC that will allow other Dominant to be playable and 'compete' in XVI own 'Devil Palace' later.

Frame rate sometimes drop but not a big deal.

Overall solid package of demo. Probably the best demo SE ever release so far; felt like a full game already. Experience of Yoshi-P and Heavensward first team shown. If SE higher-ups can learn from this and made progress accordingly like how Capcom crafted Street Fighter 6, it will be tough for other JRPG like Tales series to catch up.
Old 2023-06-21, 16:35   Link #110
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Our recent discussion didn't age well lmao.

It turns out the game has a doshit performance mode with dips as low as 35fps during exploration and resolution dropping to 720p during battle. Uses atrocious upscaling tech to boot. Basically Jedi Survivor 2.0. I'm not going to make the same mistake this time and I'll play in Quality mode, which is apparently rock solid. I don't think there's a point waiting for a patch, it's so broken it will taken months to fix if they even do it at all.
Old 2023-06-21, 21:33   Link #111
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Dunno about you but on performance mode on a 55in TV the difference with quality mode doesn't feel that much unless you have a ton of stuff on screen, and the 720p upscaling doesn't look too bad at all.

I agree though that Quality mode at 30fps feels almost perfectly consistent no matter what's on screen. Too bad that I'm so used to 60fps+ these days that 30fps feels sluggish sometimes.
Old 2023-06-21, 23:48   Link #112
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Our recent discussion didn't age well lmao.

It turns out the game has a doshit performance mode with dips as low as 35fps during exploration and resolution dropping to 720p during battle. Uses atrocious upscaling tech to boot. Basically Jedi Survivor 2.0. I'm not going to make the same mistake this time and I'll play in Quality mode, which is apparently rock solid. I don't think there's a point waiting for a patch, it's so broken it will taken months to fix if they even do it at all.
There's a day 1 patch to address those issues. We'll see how it goes
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-22, 03:20   Link #113
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
And it's like only 300mb. Koji-Fox said that the game is fully playable even without patches.
Old 2023-06-22, 06:18   Link #114
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Dunno about you but on performance mode on a 55in TV the difference with quality mode doesn't feel that much unless you have a ton of stuff on screen, and the 720p upscaling doesn't look too bad at all.

I agree though that Quality mode at 30fps feels almost perfectly consistent no matter what's on screen. Too bad that I'm so used to 60fps+ these days that 30fps feels sluggish sometimes.
I haven't tested it myself, just going off Digital Foundry's analysis. But I have played through Jedi Survivor in performance mode the whole way through and it was a pretty miserable experience. I could definitely tell when it dropped to 720p, and the game used the same upscaling method as FFXVI. I don't want to go through the same thing again.

I'd love to play it in 60fps, the problem is that it doesn't do 60fps outside of battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
They tested it with the day 1 patch.
Old 2023-06-27, 00:00   Link #115
TURI123456

How violent this game ("Final Fantasy XVI") is?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, English is not my first language.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-27, 00:23   Link #116
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
How violent this game ("Final Fantasy XVI") is?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, English is not my first language.
Well several instances of neck slicing
Old 2023-06-27, 01:46   Link #117
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Well several instances of neck slicing
And how much it's brutal? I mean for example if I will comparing this game ("Final Fantasy XVI"), to other games how much it will brutal?
Old 2023-06-27, 03:38   Link #118
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
And how much it's brutal? I mean for example if I will comparing this game ("Final Fantasy XVI"), to other games how much it will brutal?
Define brutal, clearly.

Is it you cannot stand blood? Is it you planned to buy it for your 8-years old children?

For sure, if you familiar with DMC V, FF XVI got M rating for similar reason.
Old 2023-06-27, 04:12   Link #119
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Suffice to say that this is a Final Fantasy that our parents would likely never allowed us to play back when we were kids in the 90s. There's also at least one scene where the audio gets... very raunchy.
Old 2023-06-27, 12:48   Link #120
TURI123456

Quote:
Suffice to say that this is a Final Fantasy that our parents would likely never allowed us to play back when we were kids in the 90s. There's also at least one scene where the audio gets... very raunchy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Define brutal, clearly.

Is it you cannot stand blood? Is it you planned to buy it for your 8-years old children?

For sure, if you familiar with DMC V, FF XVI got M rating for similar reason.

If you compare this game ("Final Fantasy XVI"), to other games that their rank is 18. such as "The Last of Us", "Assassin's Creed", and "Call of Douty", what will be the violence level in this game ("Final Fantasy XVI"), more/less? How much this game ("Final Fantasy XVI"), shows stuff like blood and other stuff that you normally don't expect to find in the previous games in the "Final Fantasy" series?
I want to buy this game for myself however I don't like games that exaggerate with stuff like blood, violence, and that kind of stuff.

Tags
ps5, rpg