AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2021-07-09, 15:54   Link #361
AnimeFangirl

At last! At long last!
Old 2021-07-09, 16:27   Link #362
GDB

First, I wanted Yoimiya because rumors said she was a miko. Then, she wasn't, so I didn't want Yoimiya. Then her kit was revealed and I really didn't want Yoimiya.

But now she's voiced by Kana Ueda, so I must have her.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-09, 18:46   Link #363
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Inazuma trailer is hype af. Also the connection with Honkai grew deeper as Ayaneru reprise her role as Yae. And not just Ayaneru, Miyuki Sawachiro reprise as Raiden.

The seiyuu lineup for Inazuma is, as you can guess, loaded AF.
Not that it's surprising at this point, but the music is also on a whole other level. The effort being put in to make sure that each region uses instrumentation (and even actual musicians!) local to the region is really impressive. The main theme itself is a really skillful mix of new themes and leitmotifs from the previous chapters so it feels both new and instantly familiar. The way the trailer music ends unresolved is "terrible" in that it makes me want to start the trailer again to resolve it in a loop lol.

Also, yeah, that art too... the art direction in this game has always been great, but the use of colors here is really striking. Obviously purple was going to be theme color for obvious reasons, but the way they adjusted the tint of all the other colors, especially the blue/greens (turquoise) to complement along with the ever-present cherry blossom pink... it's like paintings brought to life.

So anyway, yeah, for me who was first attracted to this game thanks to the music and the art, this trailer is A+. Looking forward to the release in a few weeks.

(Cross-save with PS4/PS5 is also really nice; it was kind of weird they didn't have that working to start, but may have just required more time and negotiation with Sony.)
Old 2021-07-14, 05:31   Link #364
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
(Cross-save with PS4/PS5 is also really nice; it was kind of weird they didn't have that working to start, but may have just required more time and negotiation with Sony.)
The curious part about the cross-save is that the PS-exclusive items won't work if the player isn't playing on the PS4/5.
The glider is switched to the default one, and the sword's ability won't work...and that feels kind of underhanded

Considering that it's impossible to refine the sword, it shouldn't have that much of an impact on gameplay...other than giving the Traveler another weapon option.
Old 2021-07-15, 00:00   Link #365
Marina2

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Our time has come, fellow Ayaka fans
Old 2021-07-15, 04:28   Link #366
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Images
The absolute level of hype
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 11:52   Link #367
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I usually dislike live2D since it looks too awkward more often than not, but I admit Mihoyo managed to make something more natural and it works for Ayaka.
I'm curious what kind of direction they will go for her demo video. Probably lots of emphasis on her elegance.
Old 2021-07-15, 20:46   Link #368
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ayaka feels like a good replacement for Keqing.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-18, 06:12   Link #369
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
The curious part about the cross-save is that the PS-exclusive items won't work if the player isn't playing on the PS4/5.
The glider is switched to the default one, and the sword's ability won't work...and that feels kind of underhanded

Considering that it's impossible to refine the sword, it shouldn't have that much of an impact on gameplay...other than giving the Traveler another weapon option.
Late reply... but it's a lot more work to do it this way in a multiplatform game, so I'm guessing it must have been due to the wording of the exclusivity contract with Sony for those items. Probably something like how the exclusive items had to either "only work on Playstation, or have superior functionality on Playstation"... and so they came up with this. It's going to cause more support for them too, so yeah.

(I wonder if the reason the game isn't out on Switch yet (despite being announced) is also due in part to a console exclusivity window with Sony. But I suppose this move now does pave the way for cross-play there when that happens, presumably...)
Old 2021-07-19, 10:29   Link #370
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Late reply... but it's a lot more work to do it this way in a multiplatform game, so I'm guessing it must have been due to the wording of the exclusivity contract with Sony for those items. Probably something like how the exclusive items had to either "only work on Playstation, or have superior functionality on Playstation"... and so they came up with this. It's going to cause more support for them too, so yeah.
Ah, I see...that does make sense.

Quote:
(I wonder if the reason the game isn't out on Switch yet (despite being announced) is also due in part to a console exclusivity window with Sony. But I suppose this move now does pave the way for cross-play there when that happens, presumably...)
Yes. Many speculate that that may be the current situation with the Switch version not being out yet, and that these types of contracts usually last for about a year...

Well, only a matter of time until we find out if that's the case
Old 2021-07-19, 23:44   Link #371
Marina2

THIS IS THE ART

YouTube
Old 2021-07-20, 02:49   Link #372
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
THIS IS THE ART
They always do a great job of creating trailers whose style (both visuals and music) matches the themes of the character well, while still having some elements in common with each other -- they feel like they're part of a series, but each one also feels unique. In this particular case, it's also clever that they incorporated the "waiting to meet the traveler" motif, both since she's such a long-awaited character and because this step in the story is also long-awaited. Bringing together all these artistic and thematic elements in short videos with such high production values is pretty remarkable for sure.

Definitely hoping for good gacha luck for everyone!
Old 2021-07-20, 06:58   Link #373
AnimeFangirl

I almost never watch these trailers. Just give me the stuff already.
Old 2021-07-20, 07:42   Link #374
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

As my Keqing replacement, I'm just a little bit miffed that I don't have enough resources available right now to pump up one of the eventual Japanese blades that would fit her...

I have a decked out Black Sword at R2, which is apparently a great sword for her, but aesthetically...

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2021-07-20 at 08:18.
Old 2021-07-20, 10:20   Link #375
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
To no one's surprise, Kazuha did poorly. This is what happen when Ayaka and Inazuma patch are right before him.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-20, 11:03   Link #376
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

^They are going to regret it, his gameplay is fun to play.

Especially, Ayaka and Yoimiya are Cryo and Pyro character whoever pulled them without Kazuha has missed the potential support Kazuha can offer for them.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-20, 15:59   Link #377
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluc View Post
^They are going to regret it, his gameplay is fun to play.

Especially, Ayaka and Yoimiya are Cryo and Pyro character whoever pulled them without Kazuha has missed the potential support Kazuha can offer for them.
Alternatively, if you pulled him in the hopes of using him to support either of them, you might no longer have the primos for either of them. You save for the units you want, not units that might be able to support units you might get.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-21, 00:12   Link #378
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Got her in 80 pulls. Still have 23k primos for Yoimiya. First priority upon arriving in Inazuma is not to investigate the situation but to farm for her ascension mats. She'll stay at low level for a while.
Her playstyle is definitely a hit and run type since her Mona dash applies Cryo on enemies upon surfacing and also makes your attacks Cryo too. Need to dash around a lot to maintain the Cryo infusion and also apply Cryo on enemies, which makes Blizzard Strayer really good on her. The Mona dash fix/rework is beautiful now and not that wonky anymore.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-21, 01:37   Link #379
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Gonna pull for her once I actually meet her in game.

Also reminder to everyone that Inazuma has some traversal and puzzle mechanics intrinsically tied to an Electro user, so make sure to have electro traveler or another similar vision user handy.
Old 2021-07-21, 02:13   Link #380
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
To no one's surprise, Kazuha did poorly. This is what happen when Ayaka and Inazuma patch are right before him.
I'm sure it's not to MiHoYo's surprise either, so I think it's not really worth people being all that concerned about it. He was a "prologue" character, and Ayaka/Yoimiya are the beginning of the "main act" with many more to follow. And given that status, still clearing $10 million USD on iOS alone... they're not worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Also reminder to everyone that Inazuma has some traversal and puzzle mechanics intrinsically tied to an Electro user, so make sure to have electro traveler or another similar vision user handy.
I haven't started it yet, but if I remember correctly, I thought they said on the stream that the puzzles didn't require specific characters to be in the party. I guess maybe that could have meant anyone other than Electro (like you didn't need to keep subbing in Amber, etc.), but not sure.

Tags
gacha game, genshin impact