AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2021-03-30, 17:41   Link #61
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
A storm in a teacup. Every manga artist uses real life sources to draw from, even famous artists. What's the big deal?
Indeed. Most people are just better at hiding it, but everyone takes material from someone else in the manga and anime industry.

In any case, this is a shame. I was actually looking forwards to what Gohands could do with this. After all, Tokyo Babylon is an urban fantasy, and that's the sort of story that Gohands can do pretty well if they put their mind into it. K was pretty good, for instance.
Old 2021-03-30, 17:57   Link #62
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
A storm in a teacup. Every manga artist uses real life sources to draw from, even famous artists. What's the big deal?
Everyone copies some things yes, but they were too obvious about it. There's a difference between using things as an inspiration and just copypasting.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-30, 21:17   Link #63
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I have only seen a couple of their early works, but with the exception of Seitokai Yakuindomo, visually they're like the worst parts of post-K-On! KyoAni, Shaft, P.A. Works and Ufotable mixed into a single animation studio that literally re-use their artstyle, their animation style and their Instagram filter aesthetics into every show they make, not to mention with post-K shows not only being the same urban fantasy fare, even the scriptwriters their producers hire more or less have very questionable writing quality.
Their earliest work was Mardock which was legit, really good even if you consider that the source material itself was already good to begin with.

Subsequent to that was K project I think and K had its flaws but was still alright overall. After that, I think was Coppelion, another not bad show.

What else was there?

I mean let's be honest.....They really only went downwards after the second K season. Hell, bluntly speaking, the bashing of GoHands really began from people who did not like K
Old 2024-05-02, 07:56   Link #64
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Still no news about a possible reboot despite one of Clamp's recent involvement in an Onmyoji play whose producer acclaimed Tokyo Babylon as one of the first Onmyoji series ever.

Still, the fact that the anime copies even Subaru's Onmyoji outfit despite it being supposed to be traditional has to be one of the biggest facepalms I ever made.