AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2024-05-03, 08:18   Link #161
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnb View Post
This series more than likely exists only to finish DxD as quickly as possible. Probably Ishibumi is seriously ill, the publisher found someone who can finish Shin using Ishibumi's plans. The idea was to grow Issei's harem, Junior is perfect for that, the action takes place in the past, he can introduce the new characters in Shin 5 and make it seem like they were always present. Probably in summer or autumn they will announce Shin 5 written by Shinonome.
But Ishi's latest tweet on his health makes it sound as though he's still planning to write it and SD. Says fans should wait a little longer.

I agree he should give Shin DxD to Shinonome. I don't know about SD.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 08:53   Link #162
Malbolge

Lol, they're not going through all this promotion for Junior treating it like its own independent thing just to pass the author off to the main series in a few months like a hot potato.
Malbolge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 10:05   Link #163
dnb

Ishibumi's declared health problems do not justify the absence of 4 years. Hypertension does not prevent him from writing. The Japanese usually avoid saying the exact cause, only after the author dies do we find out that he was suffering from something. DxD has a fanbase, money is lost if nothing is published.
dnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 10:13   Link #164
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbolge View Post
Lol, they're not going through all this promotion for Junior treating it like its own independent thing just to pass the author off to the main series in a few months like a hot potato.
True. Guess it also depends on how many volumes Junior has. The author is in his early 20s, so he could probably write at least 3 volumes in a year.
Old 2024-05-03, 10:26   Link #165
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Maybe Shin DXD 5 could be the last Shin DXD Volume made by Ishi. The others could be made by Shinonome but first he would make some Junior Volumes. Maybe Junior wont have more than 5 Volumes.

The problem is if Shinonome would handle both Junior and Shin then who would take care of SD?
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 11:26   Link #166
Dareal_truth

What sense would it make for theses girls to end up in shin?
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 11:42   Link #167
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
Maybe Shin DXD 5 could be the last Shin DXD Volume made by Ishi. The others could be made by Shinonome but first he would make some Junior Volumes. Maybe Junior wont have more than 5 Volumes.

The problem is if Shinonome would handle both Junior and Shin then who would take care of SD?
I don't think Ishibumi plans to stop writing, so he could continue SD. At the end of the day, we're just making guesses. It's entirely possible Ishibumi still plans to finish Shin and SD himself.
Old 2024-05-03, 11:55   Link #168
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
What sense would it make for theses girls to end up in shin?
The fact that the series already have too many characters is a problem just for us, for both Japanese readers and Ishi isn't such a flaw.

Ishi seem to want further expand the cast and the lore of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
I don't think Ishibumi plans to stop writing, so he could continue SD. At the end of the day, we're just making guesses. It's entirely possible Ishibumi still plans to finish Shin and SD himself.
You should be right but if after Shin DXD 5 he would continue make fans waiting so much it would be better he would retire and leave the rest to Shinonome.
Old 2024-05-03, 12:56   Link #169
Dareal_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
The fact that the series already have too many characters is a problem just for us, for both Japanese readers and Ishi isn't such a flaw.

Ishi seem to want further expand the cast and the lore of the series.

You should be right but if after Shin DXD 5 he would continue make fans waiting so much it would be better he would retire and leave the rest to Shinonome.

He didn't even explore the original mythology in the original DXD, and how would these girls fit the plot Exactly, everything is just power up now when some characters who came in barely got any screen time and made it worse with ExE
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 13:32   Link #170
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Indeed there are still things Ishi haven't explored that could have been interesting such the others members of Top 10 Strongest Beings, the Top 10 Pro Rating Games Players, the 5 Devils of Hades's Army that were supposed potentialy reach Maou Class.

Honestly I think that maybe Ishi could have thinked continuing with Devils and Gods as Villains could have end up becoming boring and cause of that he choice use the Eevie.

However this isn't a thread for talking about this kind of stuff.

Someone have a hypothesis about how could be the first meet between Issei and Junior's Girls?
Old 2024-05-03, 14:53   Link #171
Xuanwu

Who knows if or when Issei will appear in Junior. Rias has appeared in the first chapter. Xenovia, Asia and Rossweisse (I think) are supposed to appear soon.

I guess Issei should appear in Junior. I mean, Zekka hates boobs and Issei loves them. It seems instinctive that they'll meet sooner or later. Not to mention, Zekka's Sacred Gear loves them too so I'm sure he'd get along with Issei.
Old 2024-05-03, 14:58   Link #172
Malbolge

In the first batch of info Marvix translated last month, they already mentioned "an unexpected collaboration with the popular Oppai Dragon in the underworld"
Malbolge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 15:27   Link #173
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Who knows if or when Issei will appear in Junior. Rias has appeared in the first chapter. Xenovia, Asia and Rossweisse (I think) are supposed to appear soon.

I guess Issei should appear in Junior. I mean, Zekka hates boobs and Issei loves them. It seems instinctive that they'll meet sooner or later. Not to mention, Zekka's Sacred Gear loves them too so I'm sure he'd get along with Issei.
I think Issei could introduced in the last part of the Volume. Maybe they would meet into a Special Life post Afterword.

You know I think it would be Zekka's SG who could like Issei, not her

What if Zekka end up be envious on Issei cause despite how much involved he is with breast he have a lot of friends?

It could be interesting if their relantionship would start with Zekka that at beginning don't like him and then she start to respect him. Maybe Zekka could even became jealous about the Rias's attention toward Issei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbolge View Post
In the first batch of info Marvix translated last month, they already mentioned "an unexpected collaboration with the popular Oppai Dragon in the underworld"
According to the Official Site the Valkirye girl Schwertleite is a big fan of Oppai Dragon's Show, maybe she would act as a Fan Girl toward him.
Old 2024-05-03, 15:30   Link #174
Xuanwu

Her illustration shows her with a Hellcat (Koneko) merch
Old 2024-05-03, 15:59   Link #175
godz

Does anyone else feel that dxd junior will be yuri or at least yuri bait?, or is it just me being eccentric.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 16:30   Link #176
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Perhaps there could be some illustration pseudo-yuri for just fanservice such maybe Rias and Zekka be naked together in some bathroom or something. For what concern serious yuri I dunno, we don't know yet if someone among the girls is lesbian.
Old 2024-05-03, 17:29   Link #177
Xuanwu

Lunaire is putting Zekka's hand on her breasts in one of the illustrations. Plus, I don't know if it's just me but Zekka seems a bit sensitive to Rias and her body in Life 1. Might need to check the chapter again.
Old 2024-05-04, 00:54   Link #178
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
Does anyone else feel that dxd junior will be yuri or at least yuri bait?, or is it just me being eccentric.
With an all female cast and a protagonist that gets power from boobs doesn't seem an unreasonable assumption to make.
Old 2024-05-04, 03:48   Link #179
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Lunaire is putting Zekka's hand on her breasts in one of the illustrations. Plus, I don't know if it's just me but Zekka seems a bit sensitive to Rias and her body in Life 1. Might need to check the chapter again.
Precisely when I can find the illustrattions? Could you tell me please? I haven't see them in the site.
Old 2024-05-04, 05:02   Link #180
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

@ Xuanwu Never mind, I found it by my own.

I have noticed this Lilebette D. Lunaire have a Dragon's tattoo on her stomach and dichromatic eyes. Crom Cruach have dichromatic eyes as well.

Could be the D. in her name actually mean Dragon?

Her Hero Anscestor maybe was involved with Dragons.

Last edited by Hyodou True DXD; 2024-05-04 at 05:19.