AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-29, 09:09   Link #101
Decel

Meh for that part I think you're overthinking it. He had a sword and it didn't work. He was just getting desperate.

The mindset is the opposite of Eminence: Cid knows/believes he's all powerful and the enemy is just a pawn, not Solo's MC. For example we can't relate what a strength point means, but the fact is neither does the boy; he has nothing to relate to aside from feeling stronger.
Old 2024-01-29, 10:09   Link #102
Rasty

^ I think in the original WN:
Spoiler for not really a spoiler, but not covered in anime:
so this is kind of untrue. For some reason the anime skipped this though.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-29, 17:47   Link #103
Decel

It wasn't covered in the Manwha either iirc, and this anime is closely tied to the Manwha
Old 2024-01-30, 03:29   Link #104
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

My point is more that there was no reason for him to get knocked around by the snek since he clearly outmatched it from the start. So 70% of the fight was wasting the viewer's time for the sake of nonexistent drama. That's why I call him the eminence in shadow. Because he's so over the top edgy about everything.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 14:31   Link #105
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
My point is more that there was no reason for him to get knocked around by the snek since he clearly outmatched it from the start. So 70% of the fight was wasting the viewer's time for the sake of nonexistent drama. That's why I call him the eminence in shadow. Because he's so over the top edgy about everything.
I don't think he realized how strong he really was until he crushed it's neck going all out.
Old 2024-01-30, 20:23   Link #106
The Green One

The annoying thing about his Edgelord monologue, is that he's repeating himself. He already ranted about all this stuff in a previous episode... but no he has to do it again so he can "find his resolve to never be weak again" like a good and proper cliched Edgelord.

I mean I got it the first time....
Old 2024-01-30, 23:22   Link #107
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
The annoying thing about his Edgelord monologue, is that he's repeating himself. He already ranted about all this stuff in a previous episode... but no he has to do it again so he can "find his resolve to never be weak again" like a good and proper cliched Edgelord.

I mean I got it the first time....
I feel like it was more effective now because he was actively demonstrating how much he had changed with his newfound power.
Old 2024-01-31, 02:29   Link #108
Chosen_Hero

I really hope this doesn't become as unbearable as the eminence of meh, I dropped that one because I couldn't stop rolling my eyes every few minutes per episode. So far this just seems like Korean SAO but slightly more tolerable, still, there's a limit to the amount of edge that I am willing to accept and if this exceeds it then I will instantly drop it and it seems to be threatening to reach those levels.

Maou Gakuin is about the perfect amount of edgelord bs that I can enjoy, anything past that is an instant drop.
Old 2024-01-31, 11:45   Link #109
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I really hope this doesn't become as unbearable as the eminence of meh, I dropped that one because I couldn't stop rolling my eyes every few minutes per episode. So far this just seems like Korean SAO but slightly more tolerable, still, there's a limit to the amount of edge that I am willing to accept and if this exceeds it then I will instantly drop it and it seems to be threatening to reach those levels.

Maou Gakuin is about the perfect amount of edgelord bs that I can enjoy, anything past that is an instant drop.
Eminence is self-aware, it's not supposed to be taken seriously. This one in theory should.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-31, 16:47   Link #110
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Eminence is self-aware, it's not supposed to be taken seriously. This one in theory should.
And it feels more like a deliberate power fantasy than SAO.
Old 2024-01-31, 20:02   Link #111
The Green One

Well it doesn't hold back on the gore.
Old 2024-02-02, 06:41   Link #112
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-02, 13:09   Link #113
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Jinwoo glow-up .
Old 2024-02-03, 13:00   Link #114
Frontier

Jinwoo has finally achieved his glow-up from the OP! Complete with a full six-pack and a body to die for! And he's become the hot gossip of the nurses in the hospital and catches the eye of a particularly cute one who can't take her eyes off of him! Joohee better get in touch again quick before this girl tries to steal him away .

Baek seems pretty professional and on-top of things as a Hunter! And all that training isn't for nothing when yous see him shirtless and in action .

Aw, Jinwoo is such a doting big brother !

The siblings have a reasonable and understanding landlord, but it does bring up how Jinwoo needs to get back in the game to start making money...but considering his situation, he has to be careful what jobs he gets because he's still E-Rank and he doesn't want his current prowess to stand out TOO much .

Is Hwang the older brother of that guy who got away with embezzlement? That story seemed pretty random otherwise .

Jinwoo joins up with a crew to raid a C-Rank dungeon and meets up with Jinho, this dorky, well-meaning, and enthusiastic rich kid taking on his first dungeon with armor his dad bought for him. He's not used to interacting with people and seems a little out-of-his depth but he seems genuine in his own way .

Jinwoo has great battle instincts and can kill a giant ant with just his legs...but those instincts also helps him realize there's more going on to their party

Wow, points to Jinho for trying to negotiate a better deal with Jinwoo! He didn't even need to do that. Too bad they're not working for a proper team but crooks who strand their "new members" with the Boss so they can reap the rewards and leave them to die. Though they didn't count on Jinwoo being able to solo the boss in true Solo Leveling fashion .
Old 2024-02-03, 13:41   Link #115
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Lol I didn't know raising his stats would also make him cooler and get more rizz as the younger generations would say

Also can't he just take all those crystals into his inventory and take them out after he clears the dungeon? If he can do that then no mo money problems
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-03, 14:17   Link #116
Greenish Growth

Aw...too bad. No fun stuff til next week.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-03, 16:25   Link #117
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh my god. Here comes the "OH NO HE'S SO HAWT" thot brigade.

And he gets invited to a C rank dungeon by a bunch of obviously sussy dudes.

Like it's so weird that the puzzle pieces only fell in place for him at the end.

Like, leaving them alone in the boss room? There was no reason to do that, there is no reason why the entire group couldn't have gone back to the entrance.

Also not sure why Jinwoo was hesitating. He's the main character, there's no way he can lose against this small fry.

Once again, unnecessary drama.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-03, 19:47   Link #118
grecefar

The snake looked way more intimidating than the spider.

It's not going the end pretty for that spider and the scum party.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-04, 13:28   Link #119
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Oh my god. Here comes the "OH NO HE'S SO HAWT" thot brigade.
And it's all nurses .
Quote:
And he gets invited to a C rank dungeon by a bunch of obviously sussy dudes.
Hwang seemed like such an ice guy...
Quote:
Like it's so weird that the puzzle pieces only fell in place for him at the end.

Like, leaving them alone in the boss room? There was no reason to do that, there is no reason why the entire group couldn't have gone back to the entrance.
At least he was more on the ball than Jinho .
Quote:
Also not sure why Jinwoo was hesitating. He's the main character, there's no way he can lose against this small fry.
I think it took him a second to realize he was probably stronger than it.
Old 2024-02-05, 08:47   Link #120
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Lol I didn't know raising his stats would also make him cooler and get more rizz as the younger generations would say

Also can't he just take all those crystals into his inventory and take them out after he clears the dungeon? If he can do that then no mo money problems
He'd have to explain where they come from.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote