AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2020-03-15, 12:55   Link #1
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Osananajimi ga Hikikomori Bishoujo nanode, Houkago wa Kanojo no Heya de Sugoshiteiru

Original Title : 幼馴染が引きこもり美少女なので、放課後は彼女の部屋で過ごしている(が、恋人ではない!) (Osananajimi ga Hikikomori Bishoujo nanode, Houkago wa Kanojo no Heya de Sugoshiteiru (ga, Koibito de wa Nai!)) <My Childhood Friend is a Beautiful Shut-in Girl, so I Spend Time With Her in Her Room After School (But We're Not Lovers)>
Author : Nagana Youichi
Length : 0.47 Million Japanese Characters (15/03/2020)
Web Novel : Syosetsu

Cover for the LN:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for Self-made synopsis:

So, I'm going to say it straight: If you hate characters flirting and never going all the way, this might not be for you. The whole point of the novel is playing on the reader's frustration to want more, and I have to say, it actually works.
Basically, Souta decided to never go all the way until Yuika stop being a hikikomori, so they probably won't cross the line until the end of the novel (unless it continues even after she stops being a hikikomori, but then title fraud ) Not that the author is a coward or anything, considering how active Yuika's parents' night life is.

Anyway, I liked this novel for two reasons:
First, the character interactions are really fun to read. I find them really entertaining, and I loved the craziness of the characters.

And secondly, the MC. In the first arc, aside from being weird in the head you think he's a normal guy undeserving his bishoujo osananajimi and is just your average Japanese MC, but that's actually wrong.
Spoiler for Souta:

Anyway, considering I started to read it without any expectation, I was pleasantly surprised, so give it a try if you have time.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-15, 13:00   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

This is one that I know but never read

I didn't know the MC is a superhuman tho

But why is he so obsessed with this hikki?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-15, 13:03   Link #3
Rinvelt
駄目人間

He's just the straightforward type: He loved her since they were little and he decided to love her and only her, and make her happy.
Old 2020-03-15, 13:17   Link #4
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^How come she became hikki with this superhuman stalked always beside her since childhood tho?
Or was he the cause? Making her feel the rest of humanity is worthless?
Classic heroine doesn't care about anyone but MC
Old 2020-03-15, 13:51   Link #5
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^We still don't know the reason, but we know that the MC actually resolved the problem already.
Honestly, I can't think of any reason for her to be like that, and that's one of the novel big problems.

But yeah, in middle school he was a harem MC with lot of girls after him and she was really jealous.
He really became a super human in highschool, though, trying to create as many allies as possible to make it easier for her to come back to society.
Old 2020-03-15, 13:58   Link #6
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Then it's probably "Girls bullying female MC coz fancied by popular ikemen"
Classic shoujo theme, but from the perspective of the ikemen this time

Dunno whether will read
Just like Tenshi Neighbor, I don't really fancy a story that is centralized on very few main characters (in this case 2)
The observed world is too small
Old 2020-03-15, 14:08   Link #7
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^I don't think that's it. She was a legend for being beautiful too, so don't think she was bullied.

Aside from these two, the little brother of Yuika and his girlfriend are also appearing often and have their moments. The mom is pretty crazy too.
But I understand you, it's just that I think the novel is fine in between other things, as it's pretty short and easy to read.
Old 2020-03-15, 20:22   Link #8
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Looks like there's a pretty nice and consistent update pace, which is a relief, but still gonna let the chapters pile up some more before I actually read this. Bookmarked.

Tags
hikkikomori, osananajimi