AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-18, 22:39   Link #301
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I mean I interpret it as him throwing his life on the line because he doesn't understand the concept of danger. Or self preservation.
I think he totally understands that because of his experience pre-transformation, outside of the fact that he was willing to go into the Double Dungeon, but that was more because he's really desperate to help his family.
Old 2024-04-19, 12:34   Link #302
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I mean the dude just goes after a flock of monsters that outlevel him by a ton with not a care in the world.

And then finishes off a giant snake after allowing the monster to beat him up for a while.

Like if he had just finished it off from the get go he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Same with that Igris the Underwhelming fellow. He should have just killed him in the first minute, but for some reason he chose not to.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-19, 13:03   Link #303
Frontier

Quote:
I mean the dude just goes after a flock of monsters that outlevel him by a ton with not a care in the world.

And then finishes off a giant snake after allowing the monster to beat him up for a while.

Like if he had just finished it off from the get go he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Same with that Igris the Underwhelming fellow. He should have just killed him in the first minute, but for some reason he chose not to.
I don't think it was not a care in the world, he just knew that despite being out-leveled he still wants to challenge them to get stronger.

And I don't think he "allowed" it to beat him up so much as he just tanked the hits before he was in a position to finish it.

He would not have been able to kill Igris that quickly unless you think he would have been fast enough to hit him in the eye from the first second.
Old 2024-04-20, 08:37   Link #304
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I mean he was fast enough to hit him in the eye at the end there....
Old 2024-04-20, 10:35   Link #305
Frontier

Quote:
I mean he was fast enough to hit him in the eye at the end there....
I think because Igris let his guard down thinking he was completely spent and he was already close to him. It's the only reason it worked and Jinwoo realized it.
Old 2024-04-21, 07:36   Link #306
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Then maybe he should have done that earlier.
Old 2024-04-21, 13:34   Link #307
Frontier

Quote:
I mean, if his plan was to deliberately let himself get beat up so Igris would let his guard down .
Old 2024-04-21, 14:24   Link #308
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah I'm sorry. It messes with my suspension of disbelief when someone uses a tactic that could have been used all along.
Old 2024-04-21, 17:19   Link #309
Frontier

Quote:
Yeah I'm sorry. It messes with my suspension of disbelief when someone uses a tactic that could have been used all along.
I'm not seeing where they convey that though? Ignis was shrugging off all his attacks prior to that.
Old 2024-04-21, 19:23   Link #310
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

He made no attempts to trick him into getting his eye stabbed until the very end.
Old 2024-04-21, 22:23   Link #311
Frontier

Quote:
He made no attempts to trick him into getting his eye stabbed until the very end.
Because it was literally the only move he could make because nothing else worked and it was probably the only chance he had to sell it because Igris had beaten him so thoroughly. So Igris genuinely believed he didn't have anything left.
Old 2024-04-21, 23:58   Link #312
scififan

Quote:
It is more like random and luck. The show emphasizes an underdog may have chance with good lucks. He is at disadvantage, and the joy of winning is rewarding to viewers, perhaps.

Spoiler for feedback after reading online Japanese discussion:
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-22, 00:12   Link #313
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
It is more like random and luck. The show emphasizes an underdog may have chance with good lucks. He is at disadvantage, and the joy of winning is rewarding to viewers, perhaps.

Spoiler for feedback after reading online Japanese discussion:
Spoiler for spoiler answer:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-22, 02:22   Link #314
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
But Jinwoo isn't an underdog? He is the most special guy on the planet.

You know, as many people keep trying to assure me for reasons I don't understand: "It's a power fantasy."
Old 2024-04-22, 06:35   Link #315
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
But Jinwoo isn't an underdog? He is the most special guy on the planet.

You know, as many people keep trying to assure me for reasons I don't understand: "It's a power fantasy."
He started as an underdog and became the opposite after an insane grinding. Kinda like leveling up in an RPG like Persona 3 which made the final boss a piece of cake the first time I played that game and grinned in preparation.
Old 2024-04-23, 06:58   Link #316
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
He started as an underdog and became the opposite after an insane grinding. Kinda like leveling up in an RPG like Persona 3 which made the final boss a piece of cake the first time I played that game and grinned in preparation.
From where I was standing, he was the chosen one from day 1. He never needed to grind to gain the super special ability that gives him more and more power for doing his dailies like some kind of gacha game.

He didn't need to grind to completely clear out that dungeon.

He didn't need to grind to finish all those dungeons together with Jinho.

He didn't even need to grind to gain his job change.

He was constantly skipping ahead doing things he was underleveled for, and leveled up as a result. That's like the smoothest sailing as it gets.

It's literally how I play my JRPGs. Because I hate grinding.

There hasn't been a single enemy he wasn't able to effortlessly defeat.
Old 2024-04-23, 10:57   Link #317
Frontier

Well, he was "chosen" in the sense that he was the last person standing in the room after fulfilling all the requirements.

Though I feel like he's gotten the crud beaten out of him enough that not every fight he's been in has been an effortless victory on his part even if he rallied himself to get the win.
Old 2024-04-23, 11:39   Link #318
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I remember finding the dungeons of Persona 3 boring so I instead focused on grinding there. If there is a game that motivated me to fight as somebody weaker is .hack//GU since it can get ridiculously annoying to make Haseo leave the game, receive a mail, and then work in a level for dozens of times. Final Fantasy X didn't have level ups but instead how whatever the player wants to do with the cast. Other than that I don't remember other recent RPGs I have played. I think Kingdom Hearts II required grinding as there were a special class of bosses known as Superbosses kinda made famous by SNK games.
Old 2024-04-23, 15:56   Link #319
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, he was "chosen" in the sense that he was the last person standing in the room after fulfilling all the requirements.

Though I feel like he's gotten the crud beaten out of him enough that not every fight he's been in has been an effortless victory on his part even if he rallied himself to get the win.
The only HP that matters is his last one. Him taking damage isn't really that big of a deal.
Old 2024-04-23, 16:45   Link #320
Frontier

Quote:
The only HP that matters is his last one. Him taking damage isn't really that big of a deal.
The fact that he even loses HP at all feels like it does matter.