Notices

Old 2015-12-22, 10:59   Link #1
1WaySeeker

Yi Shi Xie Jun [WN]

Author: Fenglin Tianxia (风凌天下)
Novel Status: Complete
Genre: Transmigration, Xianxia, Military

Summary:
Jun Xie was the number one assassin in modern earth. His skills and knowledge in the field of assassination was unparalleled, his accomplishments unprecedented, his reputation terrifying the entire underworld. However, during a mission to retrieve a mystical treasure, a mishap occurred…
He is now Jun Moye, a sixteen year old super level debauchee, sole heir to the declining Jun family. A family of valiant heroes, left with an old grandpa, a crippled uncle and a debauchee as the sole heir! Accepting the world’s criticism and cold stares with a smile, his new journey begins! His life will be carved by his own will! Rise to the top! Evil Monarch Jun Xie!

“This cup I toast to those I've killed in my past life. Forgive me, for there is no chance for you to have revenge. Gulp!
This cup I toast to those whose life I will take in my new life. Forgive me, for you are fated to die by my hands. Cheers!"

Raw: http://www.biquge.tw/2_2968/

Translation: https://daoseekerblog.wordpress.com/

Goal: First was to regain his former strength since the body he got is useless. His family also has no few number of enemies. His grandfather kicked the Crown Prince, ‘nuff said.
Love Interest: A few.
OP: He possesses the knowledge and experience of the number one assassin in modern earth and is in possession of an imba cheat item. Oh, his family also happens to be fairly rich…
PS: True to his profession, he does not fight fair. Not that he can…
1WaySeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 11:28   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

“This cup I toast to those I've killed in my past life. Forgive me, for there is no chance for you to have revenge. Gulp!
This cup I toast to those whose life I will take in my new life. Forgive me, for you are fated to die by my hands. Cheers!"

^I like this quote~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 11:38   Link #3
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post

^I like this quote~
These quotes alone are enough for me to read this novel.

OP ? harem ? Thx to these quotes I prefer to find out by myself.
Old 2015-12-22, 12:39   Link #4
Hiyono

Read this one for a bit, but his cultivation progress is painfully slow, so I got bored of it.
Old 2015-12-22, 13:32   Link #5
dragon1412

from the same author as Ao shi jiu chong tian / Belittling the nine lands, the story is considerably shorter and better compare to the aforementioned. Warning, the author discrimination towards Japanese is very heavy in this one, to the point that many people outright feeling repulsive towards the book.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 13:32   Link #6
jmcu17

A really good read, one of the funniest stories I've read of late.
jmcu17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 13:42   Link #7
jmcu17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
from the same author as Ao shi jiu chong tian / Belittling the nine lands, the story is considerably shorter and better compare to the aforementioned. Warning, the author discrimination towards Japanese is very heavy in this one, to the point that many people outright feeling repulsive towards the book.
Can you give me examples? I've read a bit ahead and I don't seem to recall any racism. If Jun Moye doesn't make references from other wuxia (and Michael Jackson), I wouldn't even think he's from our world.

Edit: Oops, this was supposed to be an edit of my original post. Sorry.
Old 2015-12-22, 22:12   Link #8
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcu17 View Post
Can you give me examples? I've read a bit ahead and I don't seem to recall any racism. If Jun Moye doesn't make references from other wuxia (and Michael Jackson), I wouldn't even think he's from our world.

Edit: Oops, this was supposed to be an edit of my original post. Sorry.
specifically, the part about the monster beyond the Land. The is a text directly stated that he is reminded about the Japanese
Spoiler for The monsters description:
Old 2015-12-22, 23:02   Link #9
darkage

Quote:
specifically, the part about the monster beyond the Land. The is a text directly stated that he is reminded about the Japanese
Being Vietnamese , i search for this in my language , and it seem this is apperant in only the first three chapters , the fourth chapter and beyond the author doesn't do this anymore according to forum that i visited
darkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-23, 00:06   Link #10
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkage View Post
Being Vietnamese , i search for this in my language , and it seem this is apperant in only the first three chapters , the fourth chapter and beyond the author doesn't do this anymore according to forum that i visited
I remember drop this story in arounf 800-900ish chapter, but i still remember that the recurring theme is about how evil they are, but i pretty sure that there is not just 3 chapters, since the author also
Spoiler for very bad:

Case in point, this is not the 1st time this author done this, in his latest work, Ao shi jiu chong tian the discrimination is still there. Though being extreme in a different way. and the author seem to worship Chinese's philosophy for some reason and always trying to make them appear in his work while undermining other philosophy.
Old 2015-12-23, 00:09   Link #11
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Like chinese badmen in mahouka?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-23, 01:10   Link #12
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Like chinese badmen in mahouka?
Far more extreme, at the very least, the Chinese in Mahouka isn't the enemy of entire humanity and they are still human, not some freak like this one. Couple that the story's maingoal isn't wiping them off the planet
Old 2015-12-23, 02:04   Link #13
darkage

But isn't the
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Also i meant to say that the author didn't do it in the later chapters , but i guess i was wrong about that
Old 2015-12-23, 02:20   Link #14
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkage View Post
But isn't the
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Also i meant to say that the author didn't do it in the later chapters , but i guess i was wrong about that
Spoiler for the things is:
Old 2015-12-23, 03:45   Link #15
darkage

Oh i see , sorry for that then
Old 2015-12-23, 04:01   Link #16
sasoras

Hmm looks interesting., I just came from reading a xianxia where mc does nothing but train, fight and ignore women, only to end up being reverse raped.

So a slow progress mc is fine with me.
Old 2015-12-23, 06:47   Link #17
casgoldsmith

Quote:
Quote:
normal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes
Old 2015-12-23, 09:56   Link #18
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by casgoldsmith View Post
I'm not defending Japanese, but frankly, i have yet to see someone is plainly writing racism in his work, and I doubt he is that knowledgable about Japanese War crime, there is no way he is actually part of that from his age. And if you say that it's part of history, then China is no saint either, just ask the Vietnamese guy above for what they done to them, in fact, most East Asians is under invasion from chinese in the past.
Old 2015-12-23, 10:12   Link #19
darkage

Gotta agree with dragon on this one , beside it's not like every country is a benevolent being or something , every country has their darksides , but that doesn't mean you can spit on other countries blatantly like that , also sorry for the harsh wording
Old 2015-12-23, 10:43   Link #20
jmcu17

I didn't believe you so I added up all the chapters. So yeah, there really is 1,270+ chapters. Jesus, the numbering was so weird I just assumed this would be a quick read.

Anyhow, the racism completely went over my head when I first read this. I was imagining some siamese looking abomination like this, only with more tribal influences and Viking looking beards, but now I can't help but imagine an army of futanari ninjas trying to invade the mainland with their ninjutsu powers.

Well, I'm not gonna get dragged into ten page discussion about racism in fiction here so I'll just say that I'm in way too deep to stop now. I'm still a bit behind you in chapters, but unless things REALLY slows down and the story changes for the worse, I'm likely gonna finish this regardless.