AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-01, 22:30   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ugh, not only did they really spend an entire episode on the obvious conclusion that his dad will clear everything up, they spent half an episode on an episodic throwaway obvious bad guy with the most bloodshot eyes in the world.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-02, 01:05   Link #22
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Did this episode just... destroy the entire premise of the show?
I love that. You don't see it nearly often enough.

There's only so long you can keep up the real person/stage person game before you turn into Hannah Montana. Breaking that mold means the show can go anywhere now. And instead of being about the gimmick, it'll be about the two characters and how their relationship develops.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-02, 08:56   Link #23
larethian

Seems like the new girl will be the next one doing the fake persona thing.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-02, 13:16   Link #24
HandofFate

Obvious Dad is dad.
Nice to see even though they're divorced, the daughter and Dad seem to still spend time together.

I was actually looking forward to the radio show getting cancelled and moving on to other things, but I guess that is the name of the show.
Old 2024-05-03, 05:09   Link #25
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-05-04, 05:57   Link #26
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It was nice and all, but it also felt like the anime could have ended right there. Happy end for the good guys, villain punished, what else is there?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-04, 06:19   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It was nice and all, but it also felt like the anime could have ended right there. Happy end for the good guys, villain punished, what else is there?
They didn't make love. It can't end there.
Old 2024-05-04, 16:14   Link #28
KitsuKyouno

Anyway, reveal themselves should be big but they are small fries anyway.
The real important was the ONE PUNCH!
Old 2024-05-09, 01:12   Link #29
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Okay, this latest episode has me wondering about Japanese culture. The blonde actress they meet coming out of the elevator is all ticked off at Yasumi for letting everyone in on the "secret" that idol actresses can have different personalities from the ones they project when they're performing. Ummm... isn't that obvious?

When I worked for You Can't Do That On Television, I didn't need to go all the way to Ottawa to realize the personalities I was writing in my scripts weren't the same as the way the kids in the cast really were. And in some cases, they were as different as Yasumi and Yuhi are.

It seems to me that anyone who believes an idol's perky cuteness and high-pitched excited voice are the real thing is practicing some willful self-deception. Of course, that would explain why they'd get mad at someone who was popping their fantasy balloon, but it's their own fault for having that balloon in the first place.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-09, 04:51   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Man, the protagonist is lucky she's the protagonist and gets protagonist protection and protagonist compliments
BTW, Narumi Runa is a good example of what really happens

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2024-05-09, 15:48   Link #31
HandofFate

I like the new girl, spitting facts. Like everyone knows a lot of the stuff on camera and tv is fake, but marketing and maintaining that image is part of the job/act.

Like everyone knows the WWE and the show they're putting on is fake, but The Rock and Undertaker, ect all keep up that character and facade to make it entertaining. Them just going out and saying "This is all fake! blahblah" wouldn't help foster that aspect.
Old 2024-05-09, 17:13   Link #32
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I like the new girl, spitting facts. Like everyone knows a lot of the stuff on camera and tv is fake, but marketing and maintaining that image is part of the job/act.

Like everyone knows the WWE and the show they're putting on is fake, but The Rock and Undertaker, ect all keep up that character and facade to make it entertaining. Them just going out and saying "This is all fake! blahblah" wouldn't help foster that aspect.
Maybe. But they didn't ask for a crazy stalker to just stalk them and start a livestream of how they are when off the clock.
Old 2024-05-10, 00:58   Link #33
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Okay, this latest episode has me wondering about Japanese culture. The blonde actress they meet coming out of the elevator is all ticked off at Yasumi for letting everyone in on the "secret" that idol actresses can have different personalities from the ones they project when they're performing. Ummm... isn't that obvious? [

It seems to me that anyone who believes an idol's perky cuteness and high-pitched excited voice are the real thing is practicing some willful self-deception.
Seems like the target audience of idolism is the mentally deluded; with the handshake events and no boyfriends thing.
Old 2024-05-10, 02:52   Link #34
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Seems like the target audience of idolism is the mentally deluded; with the handshake events and no boyfriends thing.
And the occasional stabbing.
Old 2024-05-15, 11:24   Link #35
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I assume we hit the next LN volume this episode. For the most part I like the characters, bathtime fondlings, the fangservice, the ship overall for the most part -- but the plot is making me me feel dumber every time I watch.
Old 2024-05-15, 18:13   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hope there will be wits involved in winning the gamble and it won't be resolved with a "our fans love us so much, they would never bother us!". Nevermind the fact they obviously have haters like any seiyuus who would jump at the opportunity to destroy their careers. Next ep will make or break this show.

Disappointed we didn't see the fondling this time. Yuhi basically emotionally manipulated Yasumi into letting her molest her. Because yeah, it's molesting.
Old Yesterday, 01:02   Link #37
Alchemist007
*Author

Don't care for the ecchi stuff when it's coming right on the heels of more serious problems.

I'm guessing Yumiko's mother either has a plan or just is confident her daughter might come up with something to win the bet.

Didn't expect a precure reference, though it happened in an earlier ep too.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old Yesterday, 01:57   Link #38
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

"Wow, she's so professional"
We're just not going to show it on screen because we don't know how to show it
Also she acts like a bitch before the show starts, truly incredible indeed

Also, how long are they gonna drag this "They found the real me" plot? The mother's now telling her daughter to be a sitting duck to danger to prove... uhh, whatever the story is saying this will prove. Then spending 4 minutes on yuri bait that is completely unrelated to seiyuu. Also her mother saying seiyuu want to be Precure VAs, which may be true, but since the other mom is saying it is best to not be a seiyuu, this frankly means nothing in the context
Where is this going...

Old Yesterday, 10:59   Link #39
HandofFate

I really hate when they do this "lets make this silly bet on what will happen" to resolve things.
I agree it makes no sense with how protective the mother is (which I actually understand where she's coming from) and then going forward with the bait bet plan is silly.
Old Yesterday, 20:29   Link #40
larethian

Yuuhi's mom is absolutely right. This won't work. In the real world. But it's anime. Unless Yasumi actually did 'lose', and something else from what they did made Yuuhi's mom change her mind...
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote