AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-30, 22:23   Link #61
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wait, the maid is actually the girl who escaped with Tinasha's blood last episode? I completely missed that. She looks different, so what gives it away exactly?
She didn't bother to change her name .
Old 2024-05-01, 00:20   Link #62
scififan

Oscar is repeating same phrase every couple episodes: "I don't want to kill you", "Don't make me kill you". Is it the trend in josei novel? Another josei novel(Koukyuu no Karasu) also has a king repeating: "I promise not to kill you". My speculation, based on the classification of English romance novel, there is market of dangerous love interest. The female readers are said to be thrilled by a dangerous characters in romantic fantasy. The dangerous characters can be werewolf, vampires, fugitive, etc.

There are another repeating dialogues every couple episodes.
Since Oscar clear the stage provide by Tinasha's game, she grants him one wish as his trophy.
Oscar: I want you to bear my children.
Tinasha: Allow me to refuse.
My speculation is that it is another cliche in josei story. The love interest is a bit pushy, and his background is usually twenty something billion dollars CEO. The female lead is showered by his obsessive behavior.

Tinasha's dress looks quite modern, even in medieval looking setting.

Spoiler for speculation:

Last edited by scififan; 2024-05-01 at 13:27.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-01, 00:44   Link #63
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I mean arresting/killing diplomats without any evidence is not exactly classy move, Tiansha sulking is fairly obviously not result of this particular encounter alone. Meredinas just poked sore spot.

As for girl knight herself I don't think it's too late adress her feelings lon matter later as whole this affari isn't really relevant enough to spend time on right now imho.
Confronting the diplomat from the all-mages government would have been a move to make, though. And not adressing Meredina after the mind-control makes it seem like that incident was swept under the rug in favor of a training montage.
Old 2024-05-01, 01:26   Link #64
Alchemist007
*Author

Eaten by wolf, maybe don't attempt to kill a witch if you're not going to get more elaborate than a poorly controlled pawn.
Old 2024-05-01, 04:00   Link #65
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Confronting the diplomat from the all-mages government would have been a move to make, though. And not adressing Meredina after the mind-control makes it seem like that incident was swept under the rug in favor of a training montage.
Maybe he was briefly questioned, but that's best we should expect given his staus and power of this new nation. Point is not everything has to be on screen. This is story of vielder of Akasha and withches (namely Tiansha) and politics, war and stuff became only relevant when it affects dynamic betweeb them. It's not necessary narrative that works for everyone, but I would say it's clearly intentional.
Old 2024-05-01, 04:41   Link #66
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

"Someone suddenly died"
Me: Who?
*shows flashback*
Me: Uhh... So who were you again?

I also don't really see much reason for the whole "Episodic evil fat guy brainwashes a sub-character to not actually do anything to the plot and be cured"

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-01, 06:43   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
She didn't bother to change her name .
Oh, okay

I didn't memorize her name last week, so that explains it.
Old 2024-05-01, 10:30   Link #68
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It feels a bit weird that we just jumped into a training montage with all the other stuff building up in the episode. But I suppose that saved them having to record as much dialogue . Though I get that Tinasha is up for having someone capable of killing her. Although probably wasting her time there since she's training the one person that wouldn't want to kill her.

Pretty dumb move there to use some hypnotism to send Meredina off like that. Guy certainly got what he deserved at the end. Though I suppose that didn't necessarily have anything to do with the assassination attempt?
Old 2024-05-07, 10:34   Link #69
Frontier

Tinasha dreams of being held in the arms by the white-haired man...a man who knew her as "Aeti" and who she seemed comfortable with, though the memory doesn't seem like one she's very fond of now .

So now we're trying to hook Oscar up with the maid? I mean, I know Tinasha has no intention of marrying him and is perfectly satisfied getting him together with someone with enough magic resistance to be with him, and turns out Miralys is conveniently descended from a bloodline of mages...so she should do right? Though Lucrezia seems to think Tinasha is ignoring her own feelings (and Oscar's) in the process .

If Tinasha is going to avoid Oscar, he'll just casually solo her tower in record time to see her. Because no way is she going to ditch him like this. And if she lets him hold her and ask her for dinner, feels like they may as well just be a couple at this point .

Miralys has enough red flags with her backstory not holding up, though Als making it look like him and Tinasha are together to draw her out does little more than piss Oscar off .

Jeez, Oscar! I know you're upset about Tinasha faking it with another guy, but cutting her off from her magic and making it look like you were about to have your way with her was in REALLY bad taste. It doesn't matter if you weren't serious and trying to teach her to be more self-aware, that was really not okay. And it brought on enough bad memories that Tinasha's magic got away from her .

Oh, and poor Als got beat up by both Oscar AND Meridina. I guess this is why you don't flirt with a princes' love interest .

I guess if you wanted to make your intentions clear, no better excuse to draw out the whole court than to put into exact terms how there is no other woman for you than Tinasha and then accuse and take Miralys into custody. But that gives her the excuse to finally drop the act and attack .

Really, Oscar should have just taken the magic-sealing bracelet off wayyyy before they even got to court. It cost Tinasha an eye right when she needs to fend off Miralys, though I guess it lets her and Oscar finally fight as a duo and work together .

Oh hey, the Demonic Beast is back! And then gets hit by Miralys' own magic. Almost felt bad for the thing .

What was Miralys really after? What is so important about that orb? Who are she and Valt? She talks about the future as if she knows what's going to happen (and calls Tinasha a "queen-to-be" so is she destined to marry Oscar?). Is this "delusion" Tinasha refers to as Lanak the white-haired guy? And Miralys' soul just...up and leaves her body? I have so many questions .

I guess the mystery, beginning with the orb, connects to Oscar's mother and probably the Witch of Silence as a byproduct. And it seems like Tinasha's resistance to marrying Oscar isn't a matter of not having feelings for him but not wanting to burden him with her baggage, even though he wants nothing more than to be by Tinasha's side and support her .
Old 2024-05-07, 12:29   Link #70
scififan

Both Tinasha and her old friend agree the curse is most likely stored in Oscar's body fluid. So, Tinasha is wasting no time to set up lab. Tinasha has to do lab somewhere else. She does one lab in her old friend's place. She also has another lab at her tower. While she is analyzing, Oscar dashed into her place. Instead answering the embarrassing stuff, Tinasha explained that the curse on Oscar is delivered in the form of blessing. Hinting the purpose is for Oscar's own good.

Tinasha is getting used to Oscar's skinship. Maybe Tinasha has feeling for Oscar now. Tinasha still has plan for Oscar to sleep with another woman. No wonder her old friend thinks Tinasha is twisted. Tinasha thinks it is objective.

Oscar had dream about Tinasha. Now, Tinasha has dream about another man. Although the man princess hug Tinasha, she refers to it as unpleasant. Oscar hands cuff Tinasha and throws Tinasha to a bed. Oscar's princess hug causes the flashback of Tinasha's unnamed memory. Then, the atmosphere of the room turning from Gone with the Wind to Exorcist.

Last edited by scififan; 2024-05-13 at 12:26.
Old 2024-05-07, 17:55   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I honestly barely have any idea what's going on in this show. All I know is that Oscar is a massive creep, attempting to rape Tinasha after she saw him talk with another guy, and then playing it off as a prank when her PTSD kicks in.

Only reason I'm still watching it is that there's nothing else on Tuesdays.
Old 2024-05-07, 17:57   Link #72
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I honestly barely have any idea what's going on in this show. All I know is that Oscar is a massive creep, attempting to rape Tinasha after she saw him talk with another guy, and then playing it off as a prank when her PTSD kicks in.

Only reason I'm still watching it is that there's nothing else on Tuesdays.
They are really not doing the books justice.

Also, I miss Yumiella and Patrick...
Old 2024-05-07, 18:01   Link #73
Dark Wing

About that scene at least he wasn't going to do anything. It was yes very insensitive of him yes but so was her forcing him to kill her in his mind.

It all comes down to the typical Shoujo thing of the tall handsome guy being really really forward.
Old 2024-05-08, 00:29   Link #74
magnuskn

I don't know, the romance isn't progressing very naturally for me. Also, the storytelling is more than a bit choppy.
Old 2024-05-08, 02:04   Link #75
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wait, fu**, this is Narou? F***, I just realized. I hate Narous that try to have anything but an obvious stupid name. Dropped, dropped! F***

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-08, 02:57   Link #76
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
They are really not doing the books justice.

Also, I miss Yumiella and Patrick...
They changed the manga that much?! For what...
Old 2024-05-08, 03:23   Link #77
scififan

Rhetorical comments from tusndere viewers every week, "I don't like it. Drop." "I am not going to follow this anime next week. Oops! it is the last episode. "
Old 2024-05-08, 10:51   Link #78
Estzero1

It's kinda sad that some of the audience don't seem to understand what the actual problem is.
Because of Kadokawas stupid aproach the series is suffering, were it not had to.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-08, 11:27   Link #79
Dark Wing

Yea from what I understand they're skipping alot of stuff.
Old 2024-05-08, 13:25   Link #80
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Yea from what I understand they're skipping alot of stuff.
In sake for a "complete adaptation".

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote