AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2024-05-01, 10:33   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1114 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Yo, guys! While technically there's supposed to be a break this week, the fact that it's the Golden Week holiday in Japan tends to mean we get super early leaks of the next week's chapter! That being said, credit goes to AP's Redon, pewpiece, and co. for the info:

-Chapter title is "Icarus Wings". In the ministory, Kinemon tasks Yamato with the duty of returning the late Yasuie's sword to the Enma shrine in Hakumai.

-As Vegapunk's broadcast resumes, we get more reactions from people all over the world, including Akainu, Doflamingo (who's still locked up in Impel Down), and even Imu. Vegapunk shares a theory he has about the sea level rising by one meter after several earthquakes occur, which would prove that this phenomenon is NOT the result of a natural disaster.... but a man made one. Meanwhile, an enraged Saturn rushes past Nami's group, intent on shutting down the broadcast! In fact, all five of the elders agree that they'll wipe out all life on Egghead, should it be deemed necessary! During his search for the transmission snail, Saturn comes across the MOTHER FLAME weapon, a literal flame kept underwater in a tank....

-Back to the broadcast, Vegapunk says the second sin he committed was researching the lost history. As he gets into the subject of the Void Century, he prefaces it by saying he doesn't actually know too much about it.... but will share what he knows. As he announces this, Luffy (now back in Gear 5 mode) is still battling Warcury. We then get the reveal: Nine centuries ago, in an ancient, yet highly technologically advanced kingdom, a certain individual was born. He had the power to stretch his body, and was comparable to Elbaf's God of the Sun, Nika. This person's name was JOY BOY! He eventually decided to venture the seas, and became the very first pirate in history....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2024-05-14 at 17:45.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-07, 18:48   Link #2
marvelB

Updated with a more detailed summary! Not really much revealed here that we haven't already figured out ourselves, but that's alright in my book. Maybe in the coming chapters Vegapunk will at least reveal the name of the fallen kingdom before the elders manage to shut down the broadcast. Also, that Mother Flame is a rather curious weapon. I guess the flame itself is a reproduction of an Ancient Weapon, then....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-09, 18:46   Link #3
Gerard07

Seen the chapter; The reaction to what happened around the world was seen, the "Mother Flame" was also seen, Saturn ignored Robin and went to the laboratory (wasn't he going to kill Robin?), it was practically confirmed that Saul is alive (well... ., I think it was almost obvious at this point), Edison is apparently going to sacrifice himself so that the Mugiwara can escape and survive (hopefully Lily survives and York doesn't), Luffy returned to G5, and apparently there will be a story about Joy Boy, Let's wait for the next chapter!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-10, 11:26   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't get how Vegapunk predicting the earthquake proves he's telling the truth since the people watching have no idea when the video was filmed or whether Vegapunk is even truly dead. I thought he was going to show footage of Lulusia getting obliterated to prove the recent earthquakes are not natural.

Anyway, it's a nothing happens chapter if I've ever seen one. Hopefully the next few will be more interesting. They pretty much have to, since we know next to nothing about the Void Century beyond what Vegapunk just said.
Old 2024-05-11, 13:23   Link #5
electricmastro

So Kaido’s child will be wandering through Wano towns with Yasuie’s sword. I wonder what could happen
electricmastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-12, 02:55   Link #6
CIRQUAN

We got some info but still we don`t know so much stuff. What is the name of that ancient kingdom? Was Joyboy regular guy or a king or something? How does Mother Flame work? How did he predict that earthquake? He knew WG is going to use Mother Flame and that it will generate strong earthquake? Where is that iron giant going?
So many questions...

set by myself
CIRQUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-13, 04:06   Link #7
Rainbowman

So the main highlights of this chapter is the Mother Flame and Joyboy being the first pirate of all time.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-13, 05:01   Link #8
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Intense lore drop. I can't wait for full revelation because there are so many details there.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-14, 22:46   Link #9
Theia_Loki

History is starting to repeat itself for the Elders, it seems. Only this time, they can't keep it covered up and spun their way again as easily this time.

But the most surprising part was Shalria's personal musings while she watched the broadcast (her surprise over the Void Century, as if even she and her fellow nobles are kept in the dark about it). It's almost as if it's not-so-subtly hinting that she'll eventually defect from the Celestial Dragons (if that's the case, that is). Bonus points if it turns out something was going on between her and the late Mjosgard before the events of Reverie concluded.
Although it will make the "reunion" between her, the Straw Hats, and Hachi and Camie a very... interesting one.

Last edited by Theia_Loki; 2024-05-14 at 23:08.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:04   Link #10
cyberdemon

Not the least bit surprised he was the first pirate. Just want to know what led up to it. Seeking freedom like Luffy is one thing but the WG went to great length to hide what happened then.

If I had to guess there were gods back then but eager nobles killed them for their power and became the celestial dragons and viewed themselves as gods in their place. Nika being one of them. The spilled blood gave rise to the devil fruits, probably initially named god fruits, and Joyboy inherited Nikas just like Luffy did. Nika was everything the celestial dragons feared which is why the fear his devil fruit. The d I think means Deus as a remembrance to the gods that took care of them but didn’t control them like the celestial dragons.