AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-05, 15:21   Link #61
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ I don't remember whether the whole message was ever shown, but from the skip in the video it seemed like the whole message was something like:
"Hey Hinata, I know we had some trouble, but lets let it be water under the bridge and keep to ourselves from now on. But if you still want to fight I will be your opponent, 1v1." Except the middle part got erased. In such a case Hinata coming in right away sounds like she decided to fight.
yeah the anime doesn't make it clear the message was edited so it comes off much more confrontational. Although it is in part because of a poor decision on Rimuru's part as the end was supposed to be a joke.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-06, 23:53   Link #62
Strahan

Quote:
^ I don't remember whether the whole message was ever shown, but from the skip in the video it seemed like the whole message was something like:
"Hey Hinata, I know we had some trouble, but lets let it be water under the bridge and keep to ourselves from now on. But if you still want to fight I will be your opponent, 1v1." Except the middle part got erased. In such a case Hinata coming in right away sounds like she decided to fight.
I'd explain, but it'd involve a spoiler so I'll have to wait for them to cover it in the anime lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-07, 09:49   Link #63
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
I'd explain, but it'd involve a spoiler so I'll have to wait for them to cover it in the anime lol
I have a big advantage in this, I read the WN, but it's so long ago that I seriously don't remember the plot, and combined with minor changes made in LN/manga I am enjoying watching a "new" show.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-10, 11:01   Link #64
Frontier

Hinata is on her way for a face-off with Rimuru (or a conversation) and Holy Knights are headed after Youm to seek Diablo's head. A lot of stuff for Tempest to manage right now .

Shion is always waiting for Diablo to make a single mistake just so she can pounce on it and look better than him, huh? Not that her solutions or ego is much better .

It's a sign of a good leader who doesn't punish you for your mistakes but teaches you to use them to build on and grow, while also seeing how nervous Gobta was and loaning him Ranga to make sure he felt better .

Look, it's Tomokazau Sugita returning as Adalmann! Ready to convert and espouse the church of Rimuru (Diablo and Shion approve, but Shuna thought he was getting ahead of himself) and explain how Lubellious works and how they came to be in the present-day! The Seven Luminaries now sound even more suspicious .

Never lead with Veldora, just give him the important title of "last defense," and he does mean LAST, to placate him .

Rimuru wants to avoid unnecessary bloodshed? Makes things a little harder, but his people know how to get the job done and fulfill his commands .

Poor Raphael. Rimuru keeps wishing he still had her as Great Sage .

Can Gobwa get more screentime? She's really cute !

Albis and Suphia are joining the fight! Though I can't help but feel like Albis is also looking for an excuse to hang out more with Benimaru .

The Lubellious Forces may have their Enlightened members, Crusaders, and Master Rooks...but Rimuru has his OP group .

So it seems like the true masterminds behind the scenes are the Rozzo Family, headed by Granville (Daisuke Ono!), working with the Cerberus organization who are war profiteers, and Glenda is working for them for her own sake. They're the ones really pulling the strings and trying to take Rimuru out to secure their own power. And his granddaughter Maribel (Inori Minase) is all in on it .
Old 2024-05-10, 16:58   Link #65
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I really like that idea I've read on reddit where people are saying that the next few episodes will be rimuru and the gang bringing a bunch of chairs and a table on a random field somewhere as preparation for that meeting with Hinata and her knights
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-10, 18:18   Link #66
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

All these meetings, and I just realized no one is ever writing done minutes, which should by all means be Shion's job, but I guess she would need to actually understand the meetings to do it. My immersion in corporate isekai is ruined.

I'm having trouble figuring out where Yuki fits in all this. I thought he was the mastermind but now there are those merchants guys.
Old 2024-05-10, 18:27   Link #67
Rasty

^ Since all people in the Reborn squad have the "compete(absolute?) memory" skill technically any one of them (including Shion) should be a living record of the meeting. This however makes Shion jumbling up the tort*cough* interrogation results quite a feat. I mean, how can you even forget names when you have absolute memory?

^^ That's... quite possible! Rimuru can just stuff all of the furniture in the meeting room (or a whole meeting room) in his stomach anyway, so why not?

Despite everything, I am quite enjoying the Meetings Isekai. Not sure how they made me watch 6 episodes of permanent meetings without getting bored of it though.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-10, 19:17   Link #68
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
All these meetings, and I just realized no one is ever writing done minutes, which should by all means be Shion's job, but I guess she would need to actually understand the meetings to do it. My immersion in corporate isekai is ruined.

I'm having trouble figuring out where Yuki fits in all this. I thought he was the mastermind but now there are those merchants guys.
Funny you call it a Corporate Iseki as there is a spin off manga called That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Corporate Slave
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-10, 19:28   Link #69
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

I'm guessing Yuuki and these guys are somehow working in-tandem even if they have different goals, or their mutual attempts at taking down Tempest intersected.
Old 2024-05-10, 20:43   Link #70
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So this is some kind of meeting arc but at less Gobta was forced away in this meeting at less

So now theres a creepy old dude
Old 2024-05-10, 22:30   Link #71
Frontier

It's kind of amazing that we've watched half a cour of meetings and people going "sasuga Rimuru-sama," basically .
Old 2024-05-11, 10:45   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
^ Since all people in the Reborn squad have the "compete(absolute?) memory" skill technically any one of them (including Shion) should be a living record of the meeting. This however makes Shion jumbling up the tort*cough* interrogation results quite a feat. I mean, how can you even forget names when you have absolute memory?

^^ That's... quite possible! Rimuru can just stuff all of the furniture in the meeting room (or a whole meeting room) in his stomach anyway, so why not?

Despite everything, I am quite enjoying the Meetings Isekai. Not sure how they made me watch 6 episodes of permanent meetings without getting bored of it though.
I wish that my brain was wired to actually enjoy the third season. It's actively making me regret enjoying the heck out of the last season while I was catching up . At this point I'm going to check in here to see if anything has happened and then just watch episodes without meetings in them .

This season would make for a great textbook for the history of Tempest for someone who wants to write an essay on Tempest. Beyond that though...it's been downright awful.
Old 2024-05-11, 20:03   Link #73
Strahan

It definitely feels faster when you're reading it vs having to consume the content at the speed of it being acted out. From the next ep name, we'll hopefully finally be past it.

Maribel is nothing like I had mentally pictured. I'm sure I likely saw a picture in the books somewhere, but I have no recollection so my mind just made something up heh. The art in the books kinda sucks anyway. The anime is much better drawn.

Looking forward to the next episode. I especially can't wait for the resolution of Diablo's work.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:01   Link #74
Frontier

Rimuru's evening thoughts are of Hinata...who herself is on her journey towards him, with some of her closest subordinates right beside her. She wanted to take this mission alone, but they couldn't just leave her. So they drew straws to see who got to go with her! How cute. And she doesn't seem to have the companionship .

Tempest is good for business, the economy, and for modern fashion, in fact! But what catches Hinata's eyes the most is seeing ramen, that's right, RAMEN being sold and she immediately heads in to grab a bite of the meal no self-respecting Japanese person could refuse. Especially when she hasn't had it in so long. And it's a big hit with her and her subordinates! Even the gyoza! Though it does expose her sensitive tongue, but I guess she got the last laugh grabbing the last bite of gyoza and leaving with the mic drop that she doesn't put on weight. A womans' dream .

Tempest has paved roads, anti-magic barriers to ward off monsters, kindly guards, plenty of police, AND campsite's for travelers. They could have a Laid-Back Camp episode here! It also really puts into perspective for Hinata all the good Rimuru is doing with Tempest and how he's not the enemy .

Of course the Seven Sages are making things worse, making her subordinate Renard think that she might be working with Demon Lords or that the best way to help her is to stage an attack on Tempest...which only serves to escalate the conflict and make Rimuru think Hinata planned that attack rather than to negotiate .

Rimuru really was worried about the Crusaders...but it's basically a one-sided fight. His forces can heal themselves and easily knock out the Crusaders and leave them tied up. All that anxiety for nothing. It gets so decisively in Tempest favor that Shion just orders everybody to go in and push them back to secure complete victory, because why not? Better that than eat her cooking. And Gobwa seems to admire Shion quite a bit .

So Hinata and her group walk into their forces losing, and Hinata can't help but think they're past the point of any negotiation and that Rimuru set this all up so they could have a decisive showdown...and she finally meets him for the clash they've been hyping up since episode one .
Old Yesterday, 17:52   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Basically everything Hinata saw during her travel should tell her Rimuru is a good guy, but because of the Sages' manipulation, she's pretty much going to be forced to fight him.
Old Yesterday, 20:48   Link #76
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well the meeting are finely over with Hinata and gang having a good and easy time going to Tempest even stopping a long the way for ramen & Gyoza

Well Rimuru forces are more skilled then Imperial ones
Old Yesterday, 23:12   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At least we're probably, maybe, through meeting hell. Who knows. Maybe the trailers and everything was total BS and they'll just sit down and talk things out instead . Honestly though should be a solid episode next week.

Might take the easier approach to this season and wait for it to finish and then binge watch the rest. Not many shows where I think that's the way to go, but this feels like one.