AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2024-02-10, 10:59   Link #1321
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
btw, need some other opinions on this. Which is better for overload Fischl.. Thundering Fury set or Gilded Dreams set?
Of those two, I'd say Gilded Dreams for the buff, but if you want more skill damage (Oz's damage), you can use the Golden Troupe set.
Old 2024-02-10, 16:21   Link #1322
Liddo-kun
is this so?

hmm, thanks for the input.
that just makes it better then.

I'm often at the SSE domain farming some Deepwood for Nahida. Would eventually get some Gilded Dreams, since GD is at that domain as well.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-11, 00:57   Link #1323
Liddo-kun
is this so?

oh, and just realized I have some good Golden Troupe pieces. Got them while farming for Furina's set. Will be testing Golden Troupe on Fischl as well.
Old 2024-02-13, 08:18   Link #1324
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Lantern Rite 2024

Spoiler:

goodluck to everyone pulling for Xianyun / Nahida.
Old 2024-02-14, 12:27   Link #1325
Marina2

Now that I think about it, Traveler is probably hiding a lot of info from we player. The character we are controlling clearly know more than us. One big example is the fact that they travel to Teyvat by flying. This mean they always know that 'the sky is fake', and they know what Teyvat really is.
Old 2024-02-15, 04:43   Link #1326
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Now that I think about it, Traveler is probably hiding a lot of info from we player. The character we are controlling clearly know more than us. One big example is the fact that they travel to Teyvat by flying. This mean they always know that 'the sky is fake', and they know what Teyvat really is.
Yes. We may be seeing the story from the Traveler's point of view, but we aren't completely aware of what they know.

This was already revealed during the "We will be reunited" quest (I think?), where the Traveler reveals information we didn't know.
Old 2024-02-15, 18:41   Link #1327
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Yes. We may be seeing the story from the Traveler's point of view, but we aren't completely aware of what they know.

This was already revealed during the "We will be reunited" quest (I think?), where the Traveler reveals information we didn't know.
Yes, this is also why it's problematic if people try to do too much "self-inserting" as the protagonist in this story, because everyone once in a while they will deviate sharply from what we in the audience will think/do due to this disparity in information. (They explored this expressly in the Fontaine Archon Quest when they split Neuvillette and the Traveler into two separate patch and we in the audience go to see both, but it's also happened at various times previously for less obvious reasons. There are times where they really demonstrate their own separate personality, and other times it's like we in the audience are leading their consciousness around. The Player is the true "Genshin"... )

That said, it is also possible that some information that they may have figured out about Teyvat along the way was removed/altered somehow by the Unknown God when they were "imprisoned" on this world. Or, they might have not have actually gotten close enough to Teyvat before the Unknown God caught them to fully understand. But certainly there is a lot they should know about the universe in general that they aren't revealing to anyone, and will certainly influence their perspective on things. (For instance, I wonder... do they know about the Honkai? The devs have said this game is connected to the Honkai Multiverse, but they've otherwise kept it very isolated and self-enclosed. But in the distant future, when we get closer to the truth, that may be when they tie things back to the wider multiverse backstory.)
Old 2024-02-19, 04:34   Link #1328
Liddo-kun
is this so?

one of my favorite Ayaka songs.
the singing AI sounds like her.

Old 2024-02-20, 12:45   Link #1329
Liddo-kun
is this so?

a little sad.. Nahida banner is over.

anyway, primary goal accomplished. Was able to pull her, and now have Nahida on all servers. Can continue my plans for Bloom team.

now thinking which banner to pull for next...
Old 2024-03-01, 09:32   Link #1330
Marina2

So...new third banner is coming. From the explanation, it seem only useful if you're looking for a specific character/weapon when you can guarantee it. Pity count carry to next banner but guarantee isn't.

I might try to get Keqing from it when she's available. You also have a chance to lost 50/50 and get another limited character that feature on the banner, not just standard character - That's another plus.

Anyway, next patch seem to be an usual filler patch before the next big patch.
Old 2024-03-02, 04:11   Link #1331
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
So...new third banner is coming. From the explanation, it seem only useful if you're looking for a specific character/weapon when you can guarantee it. Pity count carry to next banner but guarantee isn't.

I might try to get Keqing from it when she's available. You also have a chance to lost 50/50 and get another limited character that feature on the banner, not just standard character - That's another plus.
Yes, as you say, this banner is useful for collectors who are missing this one elusive character or weapon, especially a specific standard banner character they want or a signature weapon that doesn't get featured. But the fact the 50/50 doesn't carry over doesn't make it very friendly to F2P unless they saved up a lot, so it's sort of a "niche" banner. But as the roster gets larger, it probably makes sense that they do something like this, as it's going to get to be diminishing returns to keep having individual feature banners for "old" characters.

All in all, I'm okay with this lighter patch as I still have exploration to catch up on, but looking forward to 4.6 which, if the current trend holds, should come with Furina's second character quest and the last Fontaine world area and boss.
Old 2024-03-03, 03:36   Link #1332
Liddo-kun
is this so?

finally, these changes might allow me to get Mona. Still don't have Mona after 3 years playing the game.
Old 2024-03-03, 06:30   Link #1333
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

The new banner type is nice and all, but did it really need to use intertwined fates?

I guess the main reason is hoyo didn't want it to use aquaint fates...but still, a third type of fate could've been introduced as an alternative that we could obtain through other methods.

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2024-03-04 at 05:24. Reason: typo
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-04, 01:21   Link #1334
haseo0408

Quote:
finally, these changes might allow me to get Mona. Still don't have Mona after 3 years playing the game.

You too?! I've been playing every day for 3 years and Mona still eludes me!.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-05, 03:28   Link #1335
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
The new banner type is nice and all, but did it really need to use intertwined fates?

I guess the main reason is hoyo didn't want it to use aquaint fates...but still, a third type of fate could've been introduced as an alternative that we could obtain through other methods.
I think it's mostly because they are trying to pitch this as a "choose your own rerun" banner as opposed to a sort of "clearance bin." In games that have more pronounced power creep and combat focus (or that create alt versions of popular characters), they tend to make it easier to earn older units over time because they're not meta anymore and it's only for collectors, but in this game any of these characters are perfectly good enough to clear basically everything the game has to offer (and most of the weapons are upgrades compared to 4-stars assuming you give them to the right characters). I suspect they don't want to create a sort of new meta where new players are encouraged to stock up on old 5-stars, which is probably why the pity doesn't carry over either.

Now, on the other hand, it actually wouldn't surprise me much if miHoYo did do something like this in HSR at some point, because in that game they seem to be much more inclined to power creep their old units, and helping newbies and casual players expand their roster with "basic" 5-stars would be a good way to help people catch up to the meta.
Old 2024-03-05, 05:10   Link #1336
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I think it's really meant for newer players and for those who really want a specific standard banner character.

As someone who has at least C1 on all the standards, clearly not for me.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-05, 06:02   Link #1337
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
You too?! I've been playing every day for 3 years and Mona still eludes me!.
yeah, still don't have Mona. And she's actually one of the first Genshin characters I saw. She was in a youtube advertisment. Although that time, I did not know her name.

I play the game almost everyday as well.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2024-03-07 at 06:24.
Old 2024-03-07, 06:23   Link #1338
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Chiori character teaser.

Old 2024-03-08, 12:53   Link #1339
Liddo-kun
is this so?

new event.

Captivating Couture

https://act.hoyoverse.com/ys/event/e..._medium=banner
Old 2024-03-09, 00:20   Link #1340
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Chiori character teaser.
This is a case where both the English and Japanese dubs both did a good job of conveying the "edge" of Chiori's character. The way they did it was slightly different, and I'd probably argue that the JP dub is a bit closer to the look on her face in each scene (especially the neutral dead stare at the end), but each is well done. "Next time, I'll need to lock the windows too" is a great kicker line - it calls back to the fact people might not have noticed her closing the door earlier, and the (not so hidden) meaning is clear. Someone you do not want to mess with.

(Also ample fodder for the people who think she's undercover Shuumatsuban.)

Tags
gacha game, genshin impact