AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2022-06-15, 04:32   Link #2101
AndrewR5D4

Leon doesn't realize how annoyed his wives are by his close relationship with Marie and Erica. Not to mention he has several admirers he never realized have feelings for him: Deirdre, Louise, and Clarice to start with.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 06:10   Link #2102
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Yeah, romance is the week point of this series. Could have been worse, at least Leon and the girls have mutual feelings and are officially engaged, but Leon being such an herbivore is frustrating.
Well, Weak Romance plot & a Herbivore MC is mainly due to that kind-off content being in high demand in Japan.
Japanese reader's/viewer's generally tend to prefer seeing Herbivore MC's, as most believe that being outgoing and open (especially sexually) isn't really socially acceptable.

That's why in Japanese series, you would see that MC's who are sexually unrestricted are those type who are hardheaded and more adult & playboy like, or characters with broken mentality.

Not to forget, that the target consumer of these Series are Japanese Teenager's and Otaku's who generally aren't in any relationship with someone of opposite gender until quite late in their life (mostly because it's generally forbidden to date during schooling years, and if someone is dating, they are socially considered as problem child).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2022-06-15 at 06:26.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 12:50   Link #2103
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Leon doesn't realize how annoyed his wives are by his close relationship with Marie and Erica. Not to mention he has several admirers he never realized have feelings for him: Deirdre, Louise, and Clarice to start with.
Basically Sharks circling around their man meat lol.

Poor Olivia and Angelica doesn't understand why he's close with random girls like Marie and Erica. I still remember his father got in trouble with his wife because they said Marie is his sister lulz.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 02:00   Link #2104
Lex79

Quote:
Difficult situation for him...he can't stop seeing Marie and Erika because they are family and he needs info about the games, but he can't tell these reasons to anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Well, Weak Romance plot & a Herbivore MC is mainly due to that kind-off content being in high demand in Japan.
Japanese reader's/viewer's generally tend to prefer seeing Herbivore MC's, as most believe that being outgoing and open (especially sexually) isn't really socially acceptable.

That's why in Japanese series, you would see that MC's who are sexually unrestricted are those type who are hardheaded and more adult & playboy like, or characters with broken mentality.

Not to forget, that the target consumer of these Series are Japanese Teenager's and Otaku's who generally aren't in any relationship with someone of opposite gender until quite late in their life (mostly because it's generally forbidden to date during schooling years, and if someone is dating, they are socially considered as problem child).
Eh, I'm well aware having read lots of romcoms and harems. Not that I always dislike that sort of protagonists, sometimes this leads to good character development, but that doesn't seem the case here. Luckily even if romance is lackluster there are still plenty of things to love about the series.

Last edited by Lex79; 2022-06-16 at 14:37.
Lex79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 11:45   Link #2105
AndrewR5D4

It took severe trauma and Luxion pushing him, but Leon finally managed to be completely honest with Angie. Now she's ready to disown her family and be with him, unbound by the Redgrave's political agenda. Furthermore, Leon is willing to make an enemy of the Duke to preserve the Kingdom of Holfort and protect his relationships.
Old 2022-06-17, 16:28   Link #2106
LG-MAX 2.o

I'm reading volume 6, I'm on the part

Spoiler for Yuri:
LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-17, 23:53   Link #2107
Lex79

I hated that part with a passion...
Old 2022-06-18, 13:45   Link #2108
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

^And Leon still being a Herbivore with his fiancees.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2022-06-18, 20:41   Link #2109
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
^And Leon still being a Herbivore with his fiancees.
Just go for Noelle, don't stick with crazies.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-18, 21:11   Link #2110
AndrewR5D4

Leon doesn't have any crazies. In fact, they're all great. Deirdre and Clarice are a little nuts, but so far he remains ignorant to those two, and may be better off that way.
Old 2022-06-19, 02:33   Link #2111
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Just go for Noelle, don't stick with crazies.
Nah. Olivia and Ange are way better than Noelle.

Quote:
Leon doesn't have any crazies. In fact, they're all great. Deirdre and Clarice are a little nuts, but so far he remains ignorant to those two, and may be better off that way.
I'm hoping they get added to the Harem. I actually liked Clarice after she mellowed down back to her original self.

Old 2022-06-19, 13:38   Link #2112
Huh...?

Apparently, Author had gotten clearance for publication of "Marie Route" as a Light Novel.
https://twitter.com/mobseka/status/1538553754072813568

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-19, 15:44   Link #2113
Twi

Hope they clean up the 8th part, but otherwise: YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!
Old 2022-06-19, 20:09   Link #2114
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
I'm hoping they get added to the Harem. I actually liked Clarice after she mellowed down back to her original self.
Jilk revealed recently that Clarice was a stalker. That's why he felt no qualms about dumping her (well, that and he's a jerk).
Old 2022-06-19, 20:55   Link #2115
Galaxian

Quote:
Quote:
I'm a big fan of Deirdre because she puts Leon on his back foot. Their interactions are almost a reverse of Leon's with the Queen.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 04:46   Link #2116
Lex79

Uhm I'm conflicted about the Marie route. On one hand I heard it introduces some interesting lore not present in the main series (though I'm not sure if it's supposed to be canon), on the other hand I also heard it's much more tragic and that might not suit well my tastes.
Old 2022-06-20, 04:59   Link #2117
mickbis

Quote:
Uhm I'm conflicted about the Marie route. On one hand I heard it introduces some interesting lore not present in the main series (though I'm not sure if it's supposed to be canon), on the other hand I also heard it's much more tragic and that might not suit well my tastes.

Marie route is something that "didn't happen" because of her action in main route.
the lore still present but it not told in the main story.
Basically, the closest thing to the game route without everything script to be "happy end"
A big butterfly effect is in motion here and if we know what happen in main route then we will realize it instantly
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 15:04   Link #2118
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I'm a big fan of Deirdre because she puts Leon on his back foot. Their interactions are almost a reverse of Leon's with the Queen.
Her sister Dorothea is also a little crazy. Leon actually has no idea that Deirdre likes him, and thinks of her as a weirdo with some kinky ideas. If he does get another wife, I'm thinking Louise from the Alzer Republic is a better choice. Not to mention it could help solidify ties between both countries. Thanks to Roland's negotiations, Albergue ceded 1/6 of the Republic's land to Leon, the entirety of the Feivel Family's territory after they committed treason.

So far Leon has done nothing with his new land. I'm not even sure what use it is.
Old 2022-06-20, 21:17   Link #2119
Twi

Quote:
It probably won't. I like it for a number of reasons, but the tragedy is pretty evident. Characters you know from main series do perish over the course of the story, and knowing that a different fate could have awaited them makes it heavier on the heart. Especially when a good portion of those deaths could have been averted or were due to the fact that the people involved were fighting for something they believed in without knowing they were being manipulated, or how misunderstands and misinformation skewed their approach.

But in that same essence, it gives you different perspectives on characters not normally present. It expands their characters beyond the threshold of canon, showing how they could have been under different circumstances. These elements are there, but simply hidden beneath the surface, and having a light shone on them reveals sides of them you normally wouldn't expect for good and ill. It makes you appreciate how they are in canon, but also acknowledges that there's more to them and all that changed it was a meeting.
Old 2022-06-21, 17:38   Link #2120
AndrewR5D4

Jenna better learn to sleep with one eye open... Finley has a scary temper, and I think she's about ready to explode. You figure they wouldn't be so nasty to each other, since Jenna recently took a worse beating to protect Finley during their kidnapping last volume AND she had no way of knowing her sister had eyes on Oscar. Never believed Jenna of all people would potentially be in the right, considering her past record. That being said, I agree with Leon: Oscar definitely chose the wrong girl of those two. Jenna can be a nasty piece of work.

So, Angie has no status now aside from being Leon's fiance. It took guts, giving up everything for love the way she did. At least they took a major step forward in understanding each other. She now realizes he's a dense idiot who doesn't understand subtle displays of affection, and openly speaks her mind so he can't misinterpret. I think this is perhaps the most important thing she could've learned, and would've been helpful if she figured it out sooner. If she wasn't the lead wife before, she certainly is right now.

Marie once again states the obvious: Mia's loyal knight is the person she loves, NOT the terrible game timeline love interests. Not that it matters since Aaron became such a perfect woman that all of the love interests from the third game like her.

Tags
harem, milf, ore tueeeeee(?), otome game, queen is viable, reincarnated mc, the true king, true harem