AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-14, 02:14   Link #1801
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Google translate is actually pretty bad when it comes to translate from Japanese so it's best to wait for an official article or a translator to pick this up. Though there is some part of the news we can be sure:

- The anime will start broadcasting on October 4th on the channels TOKYO MX & BS11.
- From August 16th, they will broadcast 7 character CMs in HD on the aforementioned TV channels, each CM will be broadcasted for a week, once a day. I guess this is similar to how they aired the character CMs for Fate/Zero, with 7 CMs introducing 7 pairs of Masters and Servants. Schedule for the broadcast:

1st CM:August 16 (Sat) - August 22 (Fri)
2nd CM:August 23 (Sat) - August 29 (Fri)
3rd CM:August 30 (Sat) - September 5 (Fri)
4th CM:September 6 (Sat) - September 12 (Fri)
5th CM:September 13 (Sat) - September 19 (Fri)
6th CM:September 20 (Sat) - September 26 (Fri)
7th CM:September 27 (Sat) - October 3 (Fri)

The first CM will feature Tohsaka Rin, like GreyZone said. Maybe Archer will be in it too? Also the CMs will be released at around 23h30 - 24h (JST time).
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 10:16   Link #1802
LoveYouSaber

If they are doing the seven pairs of Masters and Servants thing, which I also think is likely, I wonder if they are going to introduce Assassin's master, since it's a bit more complicated.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 10:29   Link #1803
Lorhand

Hm, it's a bit of a spoiler to reveal the Masters. I wonder if some CMs will solely focus on a Servant.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 10:33   Link #1804
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
If they are doing the seven pairs of Masters and Servants thing, which I also think is likely, I wonder if they are going to introduce Assassin's master, since it's a bit more complicated.
Assassin and Lancer are both likely to be featured alone. The rest will likely feature master/servants
Old 2014-08-14, 11:23   Link #1805
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Assassin and Lancer are both likely to be featured alone. The rest will likely feature master/servants
Hmm, what about Sakura? I mean, revealing her as Rider's master is a big spoiler for HF, but I would expect them to give her a profile. Ditto Kotomine, for that matter.
Old 2014-08-14, 11:27   Link #1806
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Caster will probably also be alone as her master is supposed to be unknown for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Hmm, what about Sakura? I mean, revealing her as Rider's master is a big spoiler for HF, but I would expect them to give her a profile. Ditto Kotomine, for that matter.
Doubtful, as any hint that Sakura has anything to do with the Holy Grail War, Edition 5, is a spoiler for HF.
Old 2014-08-14, 11:39   Link #1807
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
That's not really a spoiler for anyone who watched the first TV series of Fate/Stay Night.
The "how?" is more like it.
Albeit the Fate/Zero anime also give people some insight on the latter.
Then you have Fate/Unlimited Codes, other media and about 10 years worth of hearsay which can potentially spoil you about this reveal.
In conclusion I doubt there would be many people who'd see this as a shocker.
Actually the reason we can tell that Sakura is in the Grail War without getting punished by the mods or forced to use spoiler tags is already telling enough.
So yeah.

Anyways, I say this now because I'm kind of a latecomer.
The initial news about the FSN anime suggested an "original" route written by Nasu himself.
It would've been similar to the other routes but designed to integrate better with the plot of the Fate/Zero anime.
That's how I remember it.
So realizing they're actually "just" adapting the UBW route was a major downer.
I'd still watch this show but my expectations took a nosedive.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 12:07   Link #1808
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
That's not really a spoiler for anyone who watched the first TV series of Fate/Stay Night.
Then you have Fate/Unlimited Codes, other media and about 10 years worth of hearsay which can potentially spoil you about this reveal.
Actually the reason we can tell that Sakura is in the Grail War without getting punished by the mods or forced to use spoiler tags is already telling enough.
So yeah.

Anyways, I say this now because I'm kind of a latecomer.
The initial news about the FSN anime suggested an "original" route written by Nasu himself.
It would've been similar to the other routes but designed to integrate better with the plot of the Fate/Zero anime.
That's how I remember it.
We can talk about Sakura here, because this thread is also used for HF speculation. And the identities of some Masters are UBW spoilers. It doesn't matter whether someone watched the 2006 FSN or FZ, they are spoilers.

And for the xth time, no Japanese news ever said it's an original route. ufotable planned to do Fate, then they aborted this for UBW.
Old 2014-08-14, 12:22   Link #1809
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
So yeah.
Doesn't matter: they are bound to expect new watchers, many of whom watched neither original FSN Anime nor FZ. There is really nothing to gain from hinting that Sakura is a master in the first place and could eventually create problems down the road for the TV series.

Quote:
Suggested or misunderstood? Nasu IS writing original material for the TV series which is what has been told, but that is completely different from a brand new route.
Old 2014-08-14, 13:12   Link #1810
cyberdemon

Quote:
they'll just show Shinji
Old 2014-08-14, 13:56   Link #1811
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Oh yeah.
Shinji actually has some role in UBW.
Aside from getting beaten by Shirou.
In terms of war activity, this route had the most Shinji.
So making a CM about him could make sense.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 21:23   Link #1812
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

I just wish they could have characterize Shinji in a more interesting way (like how Urobuchi wrote Gilgamesh and Kotomine in F/Z, they are a lot more interesting there). He either bored me or irritated me whenever he appeared, even without the whole rape backstory thing.

Remember that interview with Urobutchi way before the misunderstood news about "original content" of the anime? He heard that the anime is UBW. Nobody believed him. Now see what has become.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 09:13   Link #1813
LoveYouSaber

I didn't trust Urobuchi's comment then because I thought it unlikely they would do UBW after the movie came out not so long ago. I also thought he was trolling (though I had no rational reason on why he should be trolling - maybe his reputation made me think so ).
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 11:00   Link #1814
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Doubtful, as any hint that Sakura has anything to do with the Holy Grail War, Edition 5, is a spoiler for HF.
Yes, but she's still someone who would be seen as important by a person coming into the story from Zero, and who could potentially play a role in the story (beyond what she plays in the original VN). Plus, even in the original VN UBW route she's probably a more important character than several of the (known) masters and servants (notably, Rider has little role in UBW).

Plus, I would expect this whole thing to act somewhat as a promotion for the HF movie as well, so leaving Sakura out would be quite odd.

Quote:
This is a thread where game spoilers are allowed, so of course discussing it here is OK....

Still, you are somewhat right. Sakura being a master is going to be less of a spoiler now than it was in the original VN. Even so, though, I doubt they'd openly announce it, even when promoting HF.

Quote:
Not really. If anything, that was a mistranslation.

Quote:
Well, they're also doing HF, and I would expect them to cover some of the stuff from Fate in the UBW anime.

Quote:
they'll just show Shinji
I doubt that. Sakura is too important for someone coming from Zero not to show her. I doubt they'll announce her as a master, but I'm not remotely convinced that the profiles are going to cover solely master/servant pairings anyway, particularly given the number that would be spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
I didn't trust Urobuchi's comment then because I thought it unlikely they would do UBW after the movie came out not so long ago. I also thought he was trolling (though I had no rational reason on why he should be trolling - maybe his reputation made me think so ).
The movie was legitimately terrible, though, to the point that I don't think you can legitimately call it an adaptation of the UBW route. Conversely, the original Deen anime was just mediocre (with the exception of the Caster/Sakura arc, which is just really bad), so there is less reason to remake it.
Old 2014-08-15, 12:18   Link #1815
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
Conversely, the original Deen anime was just mediocre (with the exception of the Caster/Sakura arc, which is just really bad), so there is less reason to remake it.
Is this debatable in the game thread? Cos, I have some good reasons why they would remake :3
Old 2014-08-15, 12:24   Link #1816
cyberdemon

Quote:
I doubt that. Sakura is too important for someone coming from Zero not to show her. I doubt they'll announce her as a master, but I'm not remotely convinced that the profiles are going to cover solely master/servant pairings anyway, particularly given the number that would be spoilers.
But this is for UBW and Shinji is the recognized master in that route since Sakura refuses to fight Shirou and Rin.
Old 2014-08-15, 21:09   Link #1817
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
Is this debatable in the game thread? Cos, I have some good reasons why they would remake :3
Not really, because it's about the anime not the game. If anything it would need to be debated in the original FSN anime thread, I guess.

Quote:
But this is for UBW and Shinji is the recognized master in that route since Sakura refuses to fight Shirou and Rin.
Sure, but what says that it has to focus on masters? For one thing, there are more than 7 servants, and less than 7 masters (if you don't count Caster, since she's also a servant). I see no reason to assume they'll just do a profile for each master/servant pairing (especially since the identity of the master of several important servants is a spoiler).
Old 2014-08-16, 00:27   Link #1818
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
Sure, but what says that it has to focus on masters? For one thing, there are more than 7 servants, and less than 7 masters (if you don't count Caster, since she's also a servant). I see no reason to assume they'll just do a profile for each master/servant pairing (especially since the identity of the master of several important servants is a spoiler).
Having Archer in Rin's CM is spoilers for people coming from Zero...
Old 2014-08-16, 02:11   Link #1819
Lorhand

Quote:
That's what the PVs already revealed though. If the anime starts with the Prologue, their pairing will be as much a spoiler as any pairing in FZ. The promo poster is actually showing Rin and Archer back to back.

Rin - Archer
Shirou - Saber
Ilya - Berserker

are the pairings that are revealed right away. Everyone else is kind of a bigger spoiler for the story.
Old 2014-08-16, 05:14   Link #1820
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
No it's not. Where are you getting that idea? Those same "spoilers" that are being used as promotional posters and in the previous pv? Next you'll say Ilya using Berserker is a spoiler.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable