AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2007-01-08, 02:29   Link #141
PiccoloUE

Location: 1/3 down the road to life 2/3 twords the grave, where the meet who knows.
Sometimes I feel like I am the only person on these forums that doesn't know japanese (I suck at spelling to boot).

I do to the english language... What Chuck Norris does to your face. Creates it and then destorys it!
PiccoloUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 02:37   Link #142
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

well Bondius i'll agree with you there, it's too early to say for certain if i like the anime or not cause it's only the first ep. I really did enjoy the original Shuffle! so i guess as long as there are something new it doesn't matter, although i really wanted a sequel, maybe to develop Asa's and Rin's relationship and explore a bit more in depth into the God and Demon world and how magic works... But hey any shuffle i guess will do for me!
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 02:37   Link #143
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondius View Post
I understand that, all I'm asking is to stop judging it by the just-aired first episode who is actually a recap of the original Shuffle! ...
Aye, that I'll agree -- basically you can't tell anything from this first episode, its just a "Last Time On Dawson's Creek" recap...

That said, has anyone noticed whether they're using cleaned up DVD material or the original TV broadcast material in the first ep?

Yeah, I'd love to see a bit more that explores the Three Planes Universe science fiction angles.... or even a bunch of "inbetweens" (stuff that happened in between events) would probably be okay with many.... however, that implies more original material.
Old 2007-01-08, 02:46   Link #144
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccoloUE View Post
Sometimes I feel like I am the only person on these forums that doesn't know japanese (I suck at spelling to boot).
No way! There's plenty of people on here who doesn't know japanese. Me being one of them!
bobmarleypeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 02:51   Link #145
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, you can pick up a lot of very basic phrases by listening and comparing to the subtitles. There's a semi-joke that if you know about 50-80 phrases, you can understand about 90% of all anime
Old 2007-01-08, 02:52   Link #146
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

indeed i don't know japanese either!!

Back to topic well anyway i feel that the writers for shuffle! has alot of other things to cover that can make a sequel to Shuffle! but no they just went and did a remake.. While i appreciate any new release of anything shuffle! I really felt that there was enough material there to make a sequel and yet they chose to just do a remake...

The original Shuffle! introduced to us the world of Demons and Gods, who can use magic, but we hardly ever saw those sort of magic powers and eustoma only used magic to make himself look cool.... Really the original introduced a whole area which could be expanded upon in a sequel.
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 02:53   Link #147
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That said, has anyone noticed whether they're using cleaned up DVD material or the original TV broadcast material in the first ep?
In the DVD version, there was alot less fog during Mayumi's bath scene, which is why you see some people *cough* Deathkillz *cough* complaining. However the scene of Eustoma splashing himself with water was an extra scene in the DVD. So I guess it's a mix of both.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 03:26   Link #148
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
I just made the 1st thread for episode 1. Thought it would be better that way so we don't get everything cluttered up in one thread. Since shuffle has its own forum dedicated to it, why not make fullest use of it?^^;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccoloUE View Post
Anyone know who will be subbing this series?
#Ayako should have the 1st episode subbed pretty soon according to their site: http://www.ayako.snowlava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5

#FnT has it listed as a project in their irc topic.

Last edited by Arimfe; 2007-01-08 at 06:59.
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 12:43   Link #149
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You know, I'm thinking that may be exactly what it is. I noticed today that they've already solicited the first two DVDs for the show: the Intro Compilation (i.e. episode 1), and the Kaede Compilation (episodes 2 & 3). So I'm guessing that they're going to take two episodes each to re-tell each character's story (possibly with some new footage mixed in), and then have an extra episode or two at the end for some bonus material, which'd make for 6 or 7 DVDs in all. I guess this is way for people who only liked certain characters/stories in Shuffle to be able to buy just their character's stories on DVD without having to fork over the small mountain of cash needed for all 12 of the original DVDs. We'll see if that's how it works out, but based on the solicitations and on all they've said so far, that's my guess. (And sadly enough, at those prices, I just might consider getting the DVDs if they throw in some nice extras.)
Seems like the case:
Spoiler for Episodes Listing:
Old 2007-01-08, 23:20   Link #150
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

As long as they keep Kaede`s breakdown into insanity in eps 19 and 20, I`ll be happy! Does that make be a bad person? (that empty pot, boxcutter, and Rin`s leaving the house scenes still friggen freaks me out )
IronFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 09:40   Link #151
ordnance11

What would be great for me is Benibara X Rin ending (or at least the possibility of one) Remember Benibara-sensei's lament to Asa that she just wanted a regular guy and Asa's response is that those guys are hard to find? That's unexplored territory there!
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 10:15   Link #152
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11 View Post
Remember Benibara-sensei's lament to Asa that she just wanted a regular guy and Asa's response is that those guys are hard to find? That's unexplored territory there!
That was Mayumi not Asa.
Old 2007-01-09, 11:32   Link #153
Bondius
Busting in on girls.. O.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe View Post
That was Mayumi not Asa.
I think he meant when Asa was sitting at the table with Miss Nadeshiko (at the cafe) and told her that there's one normal guy left
But we're getting off-topic here, if they would make a Nadeshiko ending, might as well make an Ama one *grins at Riker*
Bondius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 11:56   Link #154
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

^Hmm, you might be right, but then I must have forgotten that scene. Episode 1 of Memories made me think back to the scene with Mayumi and Nadeshiko instead.
Anyway, I've always thought of Nadeshiko and Mayumi as Itsuki's territory.
(yes, some of the ReallyReally pics did surprise me)
Old 2007-01-09, 12:24   Link #155
ordnance11

Quote:
I think he meant when Asa was sitting at the table with Miss Nadeshiko (at the cafe) and told her that there's one normal guy left
But we're getting off-topic here, if they would make a Nadeshiko ending, might as well make an Ama one *grins at Riker*

The only way that would happen is if Asa dies....
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 13:16   Link #156
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Or when Kareha gets involve. People tend to underestimate Kareha becuase of her My My My mode. But Kareha would just perfect person to help break down any resistance in Asa to being part of a Harem
Old 2007-01-09, 14:12   Link #157
Bondius
Busting in on girls.. O.O

Quote:
No, not really since I'm an Asa fan but it would be kind of shocking to see Ama hitting on Rin (I think I saw too many Really?Really! CGs)
Bondius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 14:37   Link #158
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Or when Kareha gets involve. People tend to underestimate Kareha becuase of her My My My mode. But Kareha would just perfect person to help break down any resistance in Asa to being part of a Harem
lol soo true...kareha is just too underrated imo >.< just throw her into the harem mix and watch the blood fly

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 14:42   Link #159
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I think Ryosuke and I would rather Rin not touch Ama.
Old 2007-01-09, 22:35   Link #160
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
According to the Fansub Wiki, there are a couple of groups planning to sub Shuffle! Memories - being AnimeYuki & FnT as a partnership, Ayako and possibly Shiawase. But then, that hasn't been updated for a while now. Wait and see, I suppose.

-Andiyar