Notices

Old 2022-07-29, 22:28   Link #141
Chosen_Hero

Villains I would like to see return as canon in movies:

Android 21

Baby

Super Android 17

The dark dragon ball dragons

They could do so much better with the rebooted versions of the GT villains this time around, just don't bring back GT itself... please just don't.

------

Can't wait to watch Super Hero, everything I have read only makes me want to watch it more.
Old 2022-08-24, 16:00   Link #142
BWTraveller
Born to ship

It was OK. I hate CG, but it allowed them to be a bit more creative with the fights and have less of those endless chains of the same move over and over again. The villains were meh. And one thing that shocked me is that, of all the things he forgot, he apparently forgot that Pan was flying before she could walk. To have a girl who flew from her crib into the stratosphere with a likely full diaper now struggle to figure out how to do it is just wrong.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-24, 18:31   Link #143
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
It was OK. I hate CG, but it allowed them to be a bit more creative with the fights and have less of those endless chains of the same move over and over again. The villains were meh. And one thing that shocked me is that, of all the things he forgot, he apparently forgot that Pan was flying before she could walk. To have a girl who flew from her crib into the stratosphere with a likely full diaper now struggle to figure out how to do it is just wrong.
That was anime filler. He has no reason to care about that, nor should he.
Old 2022-08-24, 18:59   Link #144
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly the main reason I went out to see this thing in theaters was because it focused on Gohan and Piccolo. Just kind of nice to let those guys have the spotlight for a bit. Yeah the villains weren't anything special and "Cell Max" was just a mindless rage monster, but darn it...I still had a good time with it. Even liked the doctor and the androids.

Gohan is always going to be a mixed bag. All the potential in the world, but doesn't naturally lean down that road. At least they gave him some good moments here and the new form looked cool. So I'll take that.
Old 2022-09-05, 00:46   Link #145
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
like swimming, babies are natural swimmer but forget as they age.

well this movie had more Plot in 15min than the whole brolly movie

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2022-09-05 at 08:27. Reason: Please use the “edit” button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-22, 19:27   Link #146
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Gotta say I preferred this messy haired Gohan design over the Somehow-Super Saiyan and Beast. With that design Gohan at least looks more original rather than the trasnformation that makes him like a Goku clone. Beast was weird though. Still, while I liked Piccolo's gi, I would have preferred the return of the Great Saiyaman considering it was Gohan's own style similar to how Goku wears his own gi in the end of the main series when meeting Uub.
Old 2022-12-08, 18:06   Link #147
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finally got to watch it now that the BD is out.

I didn't think I would enjoy it this much. The plot rehashes a lot of things but the characters and their interactions are really good, I particularly loved the Piccolo and Pan dynamic. I'm hoping she'll keep training under him after Goku fucks off at the end of Z. Don't let her turn into a bratty dead weight like in GT.

Gamma 1 and 2 were a nice surprise. Genuinely good guys who were misguided and corrected their wrongs, at the cost of 2's life.

I'm usually no fan of CGI, but I thought it look surprisingly good here. You could tell this allowed them a lot more freedom, there are a lot of scenes that made me think "they couldn't have done this in 2D", particularly some of camera angles used. I wouldn't mind if they stuck with it.
Old 2022-12-10, 09:11   Link #148
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This movie sure didn't feel like an usual Dragon Ball movie but instead Spy X Family due to the lighthearted first half. Piccolo carrying the plot was amazing while Pan was adorable. I think Piccolo even broke the fourth wall during the battles. The fights were pretty good without getting that carried away in terms of length especially when the Gammas become good giving a sense of change. I gotta say while Broly was well animated it took forever and the guy wasn't that interesting when compared to the "super heroes". Gohan was also good even if they recycled his character arc but I gotta agree with everybody that his "Beast" form was unnecessary and instead it seemed like a excuse to creature more action figures. He could have defeated Cell Max without going there.
Old 2022-12-10, 19:18   Link #149
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
This movie sure didn't feel like an usual Dragon Ball movie but instead Spy X Family due to the lighthearted first half. Piccolo carrying the plot was amazing while Pan was adorable. I think Piccolo even broke the fourth wall during the battles. The fights were pretty good without getting that carried away in terms of length especially when the Gammas become good giving a sense of change. I gotta say while Broly was well animated it took forever and the guy wasn't that interesting when compared to the "super heroes". Gohan was also good even if they recycled his character arc but I gotta agree with everybody that his "Beast" form was unnecessary and instead it seemed like a excuse to creature more action figures. He could have defeated Cell Max without going there.
The movie definitely has a lot of problems (mainly all the rehashes), but I think that unlike Broly, it actually had soul. I was really pleasantly surprised.

I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming manga arc which will be a prequel now.
Old 2023-03-28, 13:41   Link #150
EroKing

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?