Notices

Old 2023-07-15, 22:13   Link #141
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 143:
Yeah, that is a possibility, but I'm not sure if I'd lean into that, Chako shipping notwithstanding. He disclosed his feelings in the previous chapter and said that because his mom didn't die and that he'd wait for Gen to get out, that he was stuck in the town, so I don't think it was a lie. And I'd have no reason to believe he'd say that with some devious or deceptive intent(i.e. doing a Yuko), given his body language. I expect him to be the same ol' kind Reiji at the core. But that kindness could also contribute to your hypothesis(i.e. being kind by lying to Chako at her end), esp after the grandma stuff. I'd rather put hope that he hasn't fallen into that way of life yet =0v...

I think the part with him looking at Nagi on his phone was that he regrets not knowing about the real her. I feel that he might've been thinking about saving her somehow, but not getting that chance before his attempted end.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-24, 15:03   Link #142
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for 144:

Old 2023-07-24, 18:23   Link #143
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shino'oka is probably the only ordinary character in this story. The only one who has truly managed to escape the town and Yuko's abyss.

I read the author's previous' work Himegoto over the weekend and Yuko is pretty much Mikako 2.0. As in more fucked up. The art and the writing have improved a lot since then, Himegoto was pretty silly most of the time. It was fun in a watching a trainwreck kind of way. It did give me hope that Shouen no Abyss' ending isn't going to be bleak though.
Old 2023-08-08, 07:32   Link #144
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for 145:

Quote:
Shino'oka is probably the only ordinary character in this story. The only one who has truly managed to escape the town and Yuko's abyss.

I read the author's previous' work Himegoto over the weekend and Yuko is pretty much Mikako 2.0. As in more fucked up. The art and the writing have improved a lot since then, Himegoto was pretty silly most of the time. It was fun in a watching a trainwreck kind of way. It did give me hope that Shouen no Abyss' ending isn't going to be bleak though.
Guess you can add another =03.

Himegoto was indeed pretty silly, but I was pretty hooked on it when I was reading it as it was being scanlated at the time. Mostly cause it was a train wreck.... yeah, like you said . My thoughts were the same though; never expected the protagonists to come out of that unscathed as I was reading it, esp considering the love... triangle?(or whatever you call a situation in which one person loves a second person, who loves a third person, who loves the first person), but everyone had a solid ending. Hoping at the very least, most of the chars in this story get that ending. I'm not sure about how I feel about Yuko though. She was a product of her environment essentially, but that doesn't excuse the terrible s*** she's done. Hard to say if she deserves a nice ending... at least not yet...

Old 2023-08-08, 18:16   Link #145
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Although she hasn't gotten her hands dirty, Yuko has caused the death of at least three people (the john Uryu killed, Uryu himself, and of course her husband). There's a point she stopped being a victim and became a villain. She doesn't deserve a nice ending.

It's so hard to trust the cop because he's just way too nice to Reiji.
Old 2023-08-09, 19:36   Link #146
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Although she hasn't gotten her hands dirty, Yuko has caused the death of at least three people (the john Uryu killed, Uryu himself, and of course her husband). There's a point she stopped being a victim and became a villain. She doesn't deserve a nice ending.
Fair point.

Quote:
It's so hard to trust the cop because he's just way too nice to Reiji.
Is he? I was actually thinking he was doing his job very thoroughly, almost as if he was trying to "catch" something. He does seem overly invested now that I think about it, ever since Reiji's mom ended up in the hospital. There wasn't much need to pursue Sensei, but he did. Maybe he is particularly meticulous to the events surrounding Reiji, but I'm not seeing any point where his actions were abnormally nice for his well-being, maybe except the end of this last chapter, where(i assume) he suggest he get some mental help(and even that questionable if that's 'too' nice, unless you mean by this manga's standards or something ).

Old 2023-08-10, 06:46   Link #147
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Is he? I was actually thinking he was doing his job very thoroughly, almost as if he was trying to "catch" something. He does seem overly invested now that I think about it, ever since Reiji's mom ended up in the hospital. There wasn't much need to pursue Sensei, but he did. Maybe he is particularly meticulous to the events surrounding Reiji, but I'm not seeing any point where his actions were abnormally nice for his well-being, maybe except the end of this last chapter, where(i assume) he suggest he get some mental help(and even that questionable if that's 'too' nice, unless you mean by this manga's standards or something ).
I mean by this manga's standards. 95% of the adults in this manga are twisted in one way or another.
Old 2023-08-28, 06:51   Link #148
frubam
simp for Lyria

Ooof.... back down the spiral we go....

I thought this manga would be getting to the end, but, looks like Reiji is in the worst state possible right now. It feels like his kindness won't allow him to just abandon Yuko nor Gen, as long as they are alive(at least that's how I interpreted his dreaming sequence). I wonder if his dead eyes means that he's given up on the suicide thing? Like, that and Chako have been the only things he's looked forward to in his life; he kinda lost the shine Chako brought ever since she was abandoned by Reiji for Yuko many chapters ago, and now it looks like even suicide is possibly off the table. If not that, I have no idea what he could be thinking right now.

And looks like Sensei won't give up on Reiji just yet, but I'm not sure what exactly can she do now; I thought Reiji already rejected her, in a sense. But then again, at that time, she was still using her teacher approach to get closer to him. She hasn't pursued him where he realizes her as a woman, though I doubt this will go over well.

Old 2023-09-05, 07:54   Link #149
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for 147:

Old 2023-09-05, 12:26   Link #150
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Spoiler for 147:
I'd like to think it's Esemori telling her she should talk to Reiji about her past that made her want to go back to the town rather than that. But she was angry at him so I guess this is more likely.
Old 2023-09-11, 16:56   Link #151
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 148:
Old 2023-09-13, 07:01   Link #152
frubam
simp for Lyria

Is she really nuts though? She's Reiji-obsessed, sure, but I don't feel she's done anything so grand to place her in that category... at least not yet. She's been restraining herself, hiding behind the teacher facade for a while now, but once she gets to Reiji again... she might really go off the deep end this time . Kinda can't wait to see it.

Old 2023-09-13, 17:44   Link #153
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Is she really nuts though? She's Reiji-obsessed, sure, but I don't feel she's done anything so grand to place her in that category... at least not yet. She's been restraining herself, hiding behind the teacher facade for a while now, but once she gets to Reiji again... she might really go off the deep end this time . Kinda can't wait to see it.
She's thanking her grandfather for dying because it gave her an opportunity to sneak away and see Reiji again. She's crazy.
Old 2023-09-16, 21:18   Link #154
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for 149:

Old 2023-09-17, 06:24   Link #155
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Reiji has embraced his role as the Abyss. The only person who can save him is Nagi, and vice-versa. Unfortunately, they might be both too broken to help each other.
Old 2023-10-02, 08:05   Link #156
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Reiji has embraced his role as the Abyss. The only person who can save him is Nagi, and vice-versa. Unfortunately, they might be both too broken to help each other.
Spoiler for 151:

Last edited by frubam; 2023-10-02 at 08:16.
Old 2023-10-02, 09:49   Link #157
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Reiji is also clearly pissed off at Yuri, so the next time they meet each other, it really will not go well, whether he's with Nagi or not (but he will be, of course). IMO, Reiji and Nagi can find salvation because they're merely broken people, they haven't gone over the edge yet. Yuri is a lost cause, she's in too deep inside the Abyss. Let's not even talk about Yuko...
Old 2023-10-14, 11:39   Link #158
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 153:
Old 2023-10-15, 13:03   Link #159
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Spoiler for 153:
Yeah, that was WILD! There are so many ways one can look at this or take this too; is Nagi essentially taking Reiji away from Yuko? I mean, she basically said "I am the wife of the man you love, and now that I'm done with him, I'll give him back to you. Go die with him so I can take your son instead." . Or did Nagi rob Reiji of saying/asking what he wants to say/ask? What was Yuko thinking when she looked at Reiji that last time as she closed her eyes? A lot of subtle, and not-so-subtle contexts.

I wouldn't expect Nagi to leave just yet; I thought it'd be inevitable that in the very near future, Yuri would come across Reiji and Nagi being together. I expect at least that to happen before they split up from each other.

Old 2023-11-28, 01:36   Link #160
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for 159: