2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.04%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-04-08, 01:29   Link #141
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
I would not limit this to Sheryl. All the singers where quite defenseless with exception of Fire Bombers, who could dodge most attacks in their VFs while the others mostly needed someone to bodyguard or rescue them or they needed to stick with a fleet as a performance backstage.
Yo Daddy Perv, I was referrin' to Sheryl flyin' in rocket boosta yo! Not them needin' tankin' stuff!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 09:14   Link #142
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Let me get this straight.
People don't have problem with Alto literally dodging autocannon shells in his Ex-Gear or generally mech pilots bullet timing with their machines and performing other impossible maneuvers yet when the girls start to do some acrobatics that's suddenly BS?

Come on, it's fiction. If you'd watch shows with a bit more open eye you'd notice that superhuman showings are pretty common in almost any of them.
May the Rule of Cool be with ya!
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 09:24   Link #143
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
People don't have problem with Alto literally dodging autocannon shells in his Ex-Gear or generally mech pilots bullet timing with their machines and performing other impossible maneuvers yet when the girls start to do some acrobatics that's suddenly BS?

Come on, it's fiction. If you'd watch shows with a bit more open eye you'd notice that superhuman showings are pretty common in almost any of them.
May the Rule of Cool be with ya!
Alto didn't manage to dodge those shells, the wings on his Ex-Gear got clipped and he was nearly shot down.

The bullet time effect can be attributed to adrenaline and maneuvers are usually pulled off by trained pilots and innately talented people like Max and Hayate seem to be.

Rule of Cool can only take you so far before Willing Suspension of Disbelief starts failing.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 09:38   Link #144
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I don't have a problem with that. I can't see why people have a problem with that, especially when techno-science-magic is involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
The bullet time effect can be attributed to adrenaline and maneuvers are usually pulled off by trained pilots and innately talented people like Max and Hayate seem to be.
In addition to technology. They been doing this since ZERO. Really, this is nothing new Besides, these aren't your average idols, these are Combat Idols! Trained to deliver and spread the words of the Emperor Protoculture!!

Speaking of Macross Magic Maidens (hey, look what I did!) , Sara Nome was the original!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 09:45   Link #145
magnuskn

Quite honestly, reaction times in Macross are pretty unbelievable (by our standards) in any case. Look at Alto's training sequence in episode five of Frontier. Him, Michael and Luca are flying at high speed through a dense asteroid field and later on have a battle in the same. And that was their training.
Old 2016-04-08, 09:54   Link #146
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
In addition to technology. They been doing this since ZERO. Really, this is nothing new Besides, these aren't your average idols, these are Combat Idols! Trained to deliver and spread the words of the Emperor Protoculture!!

Speaking of Macross Magic Maidens (hey, look what I did!) , Sara Nome was the original!!

- Tak
Uh, another triple M under the Macross name.

I thought they were spreading love and educating the masses about Forbidden Borderline org*sms.

Was I wrong this entire time? Was it all about the gentle Fold reactions underneath the PC!?
Old 2016-04-08, 12:36   Link #147
Darthtabby

While I'm pleased to see that this thread is quite active, I kind of wish there were more newcomers checking out this show. So far it primarily seems to be the old guard.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 03:35   Link #148
charles883

Argreed . Im also old guard and I love Delta.

By the way I hope there 1 episode that Mirage Grandpa, Max makes appearance. I love to see he retain his youthful look due to his 'genius, and like to see how Walkure and Delta squadron react on Max youthful look and his relation with Mirage once they meet him
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 08:59   Link #149
Arya

mmm, not sure I'm in the right place, not any more at least, mahou shoujo, idols girls, dancing mecha and ranka 2.0 for the lead? Gosh, seems a nightmare
Let's see if at least Mirage will counter balance it.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 01:18   Link #150
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhirePB View Post
So as someone who's never watched anything Macross ... WTF did I just watch.

Is the singing to cure the virus/fight a typical theme in Macross?
As someone who has watched 2-3 previous macross series before this, Delta still caught me with some wtf moments.

- it's getting tooo mahou shoujo-ish
- the male protagonist looks more female than Alto
- the heart-shape wtf on Freyja's hair/forehead wtfff??
Old 2016-04-10, 03:12   Link #151
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
Uhm, what?

Hayate may be the traditional shounen lead, but at least I never mistook him for a female in any way when I saw him. Alto though even had a moment in Frontier's first episode where they emphasize his femininity complete with haze and sparkles to a rather awestruck Ranka.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 03:27   Link #152
chase023

Took me a second to get used to idols singing and fighting in midst of battle projecting shields and holograms with the use of drones and whatever else. I thought they were supposed to hang back and be protected and just project their songs.
At first I was like.. "What? WTF.. oh well...whatever... It is what it is..." LOL
I can get used to it, maybe even like it...

The "Group ballet/Pose" done by Delta squadron when Walkure first showed up was so horrible I ignored it like it never happened.

But MC dancing in his mech during the battle to avoid and hit is smooth and cool. I will like it as long as it doesn't turn into some dance battle between mechs or turn into a scene from a musical...
Just use it to avoid hits and to move in close for the kill, so it has a purpose.

The song "Ikenai Borderline"... damn i like the song. One of those songs I can listen to it over and over. A song that gets me excited with rhythm to watch Macross Delta.

Overall.. I am excited to watch the series regardless of the few hiccups and oddities.
Old 2016-04-10, 03:36   Link #153
Dragonria

Quote:
- the heart-shape wtf on Freyja's hair/forehead wtfff??
That's because she's from the Kingdom of Wind. The boys have that too:

Dragonria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 04:30   Link #154
xeviouses

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Uhm, what?

Hayate may be the traditional shounen lead, but at least I never mistook him for a female in any way when I saw him. Alto though even had a moment in Frontier's first episode where they emphasize his femininity complete with haze and sparkles to a rather awestruck Ranka.
I suppose compared to Hikaru,Shin and Isamu, both Alto and Hayate look effeminate, but yeah Hayate is rather hard to confuse for a female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonria View Post
That's because she's from the Kingdom of Wind. The boys have that too:

Spoiler for :
Huh, to its a racial (or should it be species?) trait, though how come Freyja has hers in a heart shape compared to those triangles? Sexual dimorphism?
Old 2016-04-10, 04:58   Link #155
Gravitas Free Zone

Nobody's ever gonna be prettier than Alto.

Images
He got the sparkles and everything.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Then there's this guy,

Images
Kingdom of Wind glasses dude
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

who seems to have inherited the visual lineage that goes through Max Jenius, Margue Goldoa, and Mikhail Blanc.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 06:40   Link #156
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

As someone who's finally watching a Macross series for the first time? (Does Robotech Chronicle count as a Macross series?), I'm loving this show. The music was fantastic -especially the song near the end. MC being a dance battler in a mech is refreshing and I hope to see that sort of dance in a dogfight too instead of just in a mech battle
Old 2016-04-10, 07:10   Link #157
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
As someone who's finally watching a Macross series for the first time? (Does Robotech Chronicle count as a Macross series?), I'm loving this show. The music was fantastic -especially the song near the end. MC being a dance battler in a mech is refreshing and I hope to see that sort of dance in a dogfight too instead of just in a mech battle
Uh yeah, exactly how would you add dance moves to a dogfight? Macross dogfights are a sight behold there's no need to mess the formula, heck one of Macross' charms is old school dogfighting mixed in with mecha combat.

I say keep the dancing to Walkure performances and go Ace Combat when the those knights show up.

Not gonna start the Robotech-Macross thing, but as a gateway to Macross, I suggest you go with Macross Plus or Frontier (TV).

Or just go full on and just the original Macross, if that's too long for you then Macross: DYRL.
Old 2016-04-10, 08:45   Link #158
Boukenxha

Close quarter mecha combat is where Hayate's footwork control can really shine imo.

Watch how he pilot the VF against those Regults, now imagine him with an assault knife in hand doing those moves... Ozma might get jealous!
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 12:49   Link #159
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I think this is the first Macross show I've watched since Macross Plus Never got around to watching Frontier.

It was kinda slow starting off, but I started getting into towards the end. I think the music helped out a lot. I like how the singers have abilities and can offer defensive support.

If I could change one thing...it would be cutting out the magical girl transformation bit
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 08:25   Link #160
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Uhm, what?

I really thought he was a tomboy-ish female when I first saw him. Why am I the only one? Lol