AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-04-06, 22:30   Link #1561
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by itine View Post

From Toaru Project x T-Fan Event:
- Miki wants to do New Testament anime, but for that, the series, in general, must have good sales.
- Toaru IF will have +300 characters.
- Later, According to Miki, New Testament will soon reach its climax. (NT23 confirm?)
Did someone tell Miki that NT anime is going to be a disaster at this rate if production and studio don't get their act together?
Old 2019-04-06, 23:01   Link #1562
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Anniversary, a word that relives old wounds, and still I think they will somehow screw up wirh the audience again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Did someone tell Miki that NT anime is going to be a disaster at this rate if production and studio don't get their act together?
Committee: Hey JC Staff, adapt it all up to NT10, thanks. Bye.
Old 2019-04-25, 00:48   Link #1563
itine
No Book No Live

New Info & an interview with Abe, Okamoto, and Satoshi Hino
from Dengeki Bunko Magazine N°67

https://imgur.com/a/a3xug1U
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-25, 02:45   Link #1564
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Gonna post summarized contents of Interview. This isn't mine by the way
- After recording final episode
- Abe: good work guise
- Okamoto says it didn't really feel like a last episode
- Abe agrees with him (laughs)
- Satoshi is moved that Hamazura became relevant in Raildex and he's happy that he could see Hamazura doing stuff like Accel and Kamijou-sensei
- Favorite episodes?
- Abe: Touma vs Accel
- Okamoto says Accel vs Kakine since just to not repeat Touma vs Accel like Abe, also liked Misaka Worst's episode, and in general scenes where he could see new sides to Accelerator
- Satoshi liked all the fights vs Mugino because he just can't get enough of hearing Ami Koshimizu going "HAMAZURAAAA"
- Something something character development
>Abe says he tried to make Touma sound angrier than usual at scenes like the plane hijacking and when Fiamma messed with Index
- Okamoto says a bunch of things I can't read about Accel's story arc and muh villainy aesthetics
- Satoshi talks about Hamazura's change after meeting Kamijou-sensei at the end of S2 how he likes how Hamazura changes into a person who tries to protect what's important to him even as a level 0 (or something like that)
- Then what about each other's characters?
- Abe jokes about Accel being Touma's #1 fanboy but would never admit
- Satoshi likes how Accel calls Touma a hero
- Okamoto: He totally admits it (laughs)
- Satoshi: It's Touma's fault he started with "muh villainy aesthetics" (laughs)
- Abe: Definitely (laughs)
- Okamoto: "If you're justice then I'm evil", that kind of thinking
- Satoshi makes a joke about Hamazura being influenced by Touma too and how each of them "imitate" Touma in their own ways
- Some more jokes about Touma's influence on Hamazura
- Okamoto talks about how he likes Hamazura's rise from mob to hero, and is jealous of his love comedy scenes
- Abe mentions how Hamazura and Takitsubo have the first (only?) kiss scene in the series
- Everyone jokes about how Takitsubo is surprisingly aggressive
- Satoshi talks about how often after he finished dubbing Hamazura's comedy scenes, there were serious scenes, and he felt like he was dubbing for a different series than everyone else
- Satoshi and Okamoto then talk about the scenes where Accel and Hamazura meet each other but I can't make out the specifics of this stuff
- So what about Index herself?
- Abe goes on an autistically long answer that talks about Touma's complex feelings of having to lie to Index about his memory loss and other stuff that basically boils down to "Yeah she's childish and feels like a pet but I think she's important to Touma."
- What about Mikoto?
- Abe: She finally realized her feelings! Even went to Russia at the end.
- Satoshi and Okamoto joke about something
- Abe acts smug about that something
- Okamoto jokingly threatens to make a Kakine out of him
- Abe talks about how Mikoto also found out about Touma's memory loss and will continue to be interested in him, but Touma will just treat her as Biribiri as usual
- And Last Order?
- Okamoto wishes she had more lines, was happy about that one time where they called up Hidaka Rina to voice a single word that they could've simply cut
- Also talked a bit about WORST but as you can tell japanese isn't my strong point and I can't make out this shit
- And Hamazura's side?
- Satoshi goes on a long answer about ITEM's girls and how he likes their interesting balance (?)
- Interviewer wonders how did Hamazura fall for Takitsubo
- Satoshi starts going on another long answer
- Okamoto: She was just a little bit nicer to him than the rest lol
- Abe: Hamazura is liked by all of ITEM, in a way
- Satoshi: Personally I'm more interested in Kinuhata, but the 4 of them are charming
- What character left the biggest impact on you?
- Abe fucking loves Acqua
- Okamoto really liked Terra, Terra's voice, and Terra's powers, that he thinks could've been better used
- Abe says the spell was incomplete
- Satoshi liked Itsuwa
- Abe says her heroine powerlevel is high and she'd make a good wife
- Okamoto: She'd probably be scary if you made her angry
- Satoshi: What you'll do? Who are you going to chose, Kamijou-san?
- Abe: Who, I wonder? That kind of question is the most troubling, I'm not the one who choses!
- Okamoto: Besides, Abe-san has got Orsola, after all
- Abe: Yeah, I love her
- Okamoto: I'm a Misakifag myself
- Satoshi: If I had to pick a favorite one, then it'd be Kinuhata. I like how she's a bit boyish, and she makes me want to tease her (laughs). It'd be a bit scary if she fell for Hamazura too though
- The 3 of them then joke about Hamazura's harem and how Takitsubo might be scarier than Mugino (I bet Abe was dying to talk about Aneri now)
- I can't quite read this section well but it's basically about how they love the characters they voice the most, Abe talked a lot in this section in particular and he seems to like being Touma as much as you'd expect
- Lastly, any words for the fans?
- [Abe shilling the series intensifies]
- Okamoto wants to meet again in S4, "If we already came this far, why not make more?"
- Abe: It did end like it would continue...
- Satoshi: A lot of new characters showed up too. See you in 8 years? (lol)
- Okamoto: That'd be pretty troubling for me (age-wise) (laughter)
- Satoshi then thanks everyone for watching it all the way, and hopes you can enjoy S3 in a different way from the novels, and enjoy both in a package. "Let's meet again in S4! If there's a fourth season, Hamazura will finally meet Kamijou-sensei!"

Should be obvious where I got this from so take with a grain of salt. However, it is an important hub for this series so it shouldn't be entirely disregarded either.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 13:21   Link #1565
itine
No Book No Live

Cover for New Testament: A Certain Magical Index 22 Reverse (or Rebirth?)!

It's the final volume of the series.

Synopsis:
Kamijou Touma, who won on thin ice against Coronzon receives a reverent welcome in Windsor Castle from Index, Mikoto, and Misaki
See the end of the New Testament!

Release date: July 10. 2019
Total Pages: 456 pages
Images
NT22R
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2019-06-07, 14:36   Link #1566
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by itine View Post
Cover for New Testament: A Certain Magical Index 22 Reverse (or Rebirth?)!

It's the final volume of the series.

Synopsis:
Kamijou Touma, who won on thin ice against Coronzon receives a reverent welcome in Windsor Castle from Index, Mikoto, and Misaki
See the end of the New Testament!

Release date: July 10. 2019
Total Pages: 456 pages
Images
NT22R
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

What the hell is going on in this volume??
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 16:03   Link #1567
Doe, John

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post

What the hell is going on in this volume??
Considering how NT22 ended, I would guess that this is an intentionally misleading synopsis. Wouldn't be the first time...
Doe, John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 17:33   Link #1568
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It's been long enough for you guys to learn this series synopsis and cover are loosely related to the volume itself.
Old 2019-06-07, 20:29   Link #1569
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Kamachi and Haimura trolling as usual with the short synopsis. But it really is the last volume of NT. Just what is going to happen with Anna and IT?
Old 2019-06-07, 21:20   Link #1570
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Kamachi and Haimura trolling as usual with the short synopsis. But it really is the last volume of NT. Just what is going to happen with Anna and IT?
Bait for a sequel like Othinus was for NT.
Old 2019-06-07, 21:39   Link #1571
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
It's been long enough for you guys to learn this series synopsis and cover are loosely related to the volume itself.
Yeah, anyone that has come this far should know better than to take the cover and synopsis at face value.
Old 2019-06-07, 21:46   Link #1572
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Bait for a sequel like Othinus was for NT.
True enough. At least Othinus was good bait.

Actually you know what, this entire NT series with its ups and downs has been overall net positive and worthwhile to read.

Not that aren't things to complain about but we can save that for the Full Series Discussion thread that will be made right after NTT22R is translated.
Old 2019-06-07, 22:57   Link #1573
DragonXX

I still want to know why it call NT 22 Rebirth/Reverse and not NT 23?
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 23:47   Link #1574
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
True enough. At least Othinus was good bait.

Actually you know what, this entire NT series with its ups and downs has been overall net positive and worthwhile to read.

Not that aren't things to complain about but we can save that for the Full Series Discussion thread that will be made right after NTT22R is translated.
Actually, Anna Sprengel was first mentioned in OT 22 as well. So... Sprengel was meant to be bait for a long time now ... maybe. Also, I expect her to have some good scenes next volume... lol, I hope.

Am very confused as to the choice of cover and summary for final volume of NT and especially why it's called Volume 22 R... but tbh, this has me interested. Honestly, not sure what's going to happen next, so hopefully this is not an ending, but rather a setup for the next part... lol.

Also, I'm guessing right now that the cover is actually an illusion or something that happened as a result of IT coming out. Calling it now.

Also, I bet R stands for Revelations like from the actual New Testament, lol.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-08, 23:40   Link #1575
alex_drian

Something is wrong here.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-10, 03:49   Link #1576
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Something is wrong here.
I think that correctly summarizes all of our reactions.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2019-06-10, 11:34   Link #1577
KiharaRonin

Not mine! The celebration is a logical next step after such a victory and with all of NT's Christmas teases and since its so soon, I see something happening with that as well. However...

I believe a Windsor Castle party will definitely be the setting but as ppl here say, these short summaries tend to leave out the big stuff. Touma will do something about IT and while it won't be permanent, Touma is the kind of guy who hid his memory loss so a girl wouldn't get sad. With a celebration going on, I feel like he's gonna wanna hide the IT stuff, especially from Index, with disastrous results.
Old 2019-06-10, 11:36   Link #1578
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Anna seals IB back up and leaves while saying something super cryptic, and then we go to the the celebration. There'll probably be more to it, but it could happen.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-10, 22:28   Link #1579
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
Not mine! The celebration is a logical next step after such a victory and with all of NT's Christmas teases and since its so soon, I see something happening with that as well. However...

I believe a Windsor Castle party will definitely be the setting but as ppl here say, these short summaries tend to leave out the big stuff. Touma will do something about IT and while it won't be permanent, Touma is the kind of guy who hid his memory loss so a girl wouldn't get sad. With a celebration going on, I feel like he's gonna wanna hide the IT stuff, especially from Index, with disastrous results.
It happened in front of everyone. Also notice how Misaka's safety wasn't confirmed after the scene where they took down Choronon last volume. I think it's more complicated than that.

@endscape that would be a huge bait but possible. I think she wants them awake though or is interested in them.

Old 2019-06-12, 06:47   Link #1580
itine
No Book No Live

Toaru Majutsu no Index: New Testament Volume 22 Reverse/Rebirth
Cover with text

Last edited by itine; 2019-06-12 at 06:58.