Deathwing
what do i know

I liked that ending everyone ended up happy
Old 2007-12-23, 01:33   Link #122
FateAnomaly

So its not over yet?
Old 2007-12-23, 04:13   Link #123
slidingk1

It would be nice if season 3 would tie off the loose ends about all the "missing" people. Maybe a continuation of things instead of a reset. As much as I like this anime another reset would be a little bit tough to stomach. After all they went through so much already to reach the "happy" ending.
Old 2007-12-23, 04:24   Link #124
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidingk1 View Post
It would be nice if season 3 would tie off the loose ends about all the "missing" people. Maybe a continuation of things instead of a reset. As much as I like this anime another reset would be a little bit tough to stomach. After all they went through so much already to reach the "happy" ending.
What "missing" People?
Old 2007-12-23, 05:07   Link #125
MrZombie

Yeah, there are no real mysteries left guys. Just stuff the anime didn't show.
Old 2007-12-23, 08:17   Link #126
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer

Send a message via AIM to Arcwave Send a message via MSN to Arcwave
Cool What A Rollar Coaster! 10/10!

Well, I just finished watching it on shitty YouTube quality, but it didn't hinder my experience too badly enough to enjoy every second of it. I give this episode nothing short from a solid, and well deserved 10/10. Although some new questions have risen, I am quite content with what was presented despite its prequel which left us on a dour note IMO. It's hard to believe it's all over... I'm actually not too excited for a third season, as it could possibly ruin the already positive nostalgia and closure of the series.

Now I'm curious about the games and manga, as I've never played nor seen either. I was introduced to Higurashi via the anime, and exploring the story much more vividly has interested me. Are the games available on US consoles and/or PC? I do not speak Japanese, so if it's strictly from Japan, I'll just have to wait. And is the manga available in English?

All in all, what a wonderful show. I could count this as one of my Christmas presents, easily! Thanks Santa--- oops, Studio DEEN and crew!
Old 2007-12-23, 08:26   Link #127
coroloro

10/10 ... an INCREDIBLE end to an incredible series. Of course, the tag at the very end implies more to come, but I think that (as I have learned with previous anime series that end rather well and then give 'more' later) watching any more from this series would end a VERY perfect thing. This truly is a masterpiece, especially combining this and its predecessor. Part one is Despair, Part two is Hope. The endless loop and trap of death and despair that comes when you mistrust and alienate those around you and live by your own strength- compared to the chance for 'everyone to win' if you rely on those around you and see the best in them.

Never in my life has an anime pounded so deeply into the depths of the negative realm of the human spirit, and yet ended with such hope and power. I used to think "wow, some of these anime series are so powerful- if only they wouldn't always end ripping your heart out every time... like the only way in 'real life' to go is an unhappy ending or otherwise its just fiction". This anime is, to me, the 'ultimate anime'. At points in the first season I almost just stopped watching it because it was so heavy, so horrid at times- yet it intrigued you and kept tugging you on.

I really had tears in my eyes a lot, and it was so powerful how at the last episode... I expected to have them for the 'good guys', but ended up crying for the 'worst baddy of them all'. Well played, well played!! On Anime News Network, this is a rare one I have rated as "Masterpiece".

-Pat
Old 2007-12-23, 08:39   Link #128
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Hello. managed to watch ep.24. Thanks for the subs, they somehow help understand things.
You know to tell the truth I didn't expect a happy ending. No casualties at all and Hanyuu is bulletproof.
Still the the ending somehow puzzles me even though some explanation is given here.
Apparently season 3 is needed though it will make things more complicated.
As for the next week, we have this
来週のこの時間は、映画「ひぐらしのなく頃に」のスペシャル特番を放送!
( a special program aired at the usual time). I think it was mentioned as well.

Lastly I wanted to point out about russian weapory at sonozakis'. I know the yakuza thing and the fact that Shion looks really cool with kalashnikov but in truth it would be easier for them to get american or european guns because russian guns could only be bought from 3 parties (china?).

Also, Hanyuu living happily with Rika. Is she really fine this way (=living in the material world)

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
Old 2007-12-23, 09:02   Link #129
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Such a great series. I wonder what's going to happen in season 3.

The bit at the end where Hanyuu and Rika changed the calendar and smiled was a great addition.
Old 2007-12-23, 11:07   Link #130
Hareoic
There will be burgers

I don't know if this is an inconsistency or not, but Rika said she'd waited 1000 years to beat fate, yet she said before she'd been in the loop for 100 years.

Can somebody explain why this is?
Old 2007-12-23, 11:35   Link #131
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
I don't know if this is an inconsistency or not, but Rika said she'd waited 1000 years to beat fate, yet she said before she'd been in the loop for 100 years.

Can somebody explain why this is?
i think you read it wrongly, the quote is (for you , a 1000 years , i think it meant hanyuu)
Old 2007-12-23, 12:44   Link #132
Vicke

Im glad that Takano didnt die and was saved by Tomitake. Im satisfied with the ending, it provided the closure needed for this series. Overall this arc was kind of weak compared to the other.
Old 2007-12-23, 12:47   Link #133
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Lastly I wanted to point out about russian weapory at sonozakis'. I know the yakuza thing and the fact that Shion looks really cool with kalashnikov but in truth it would be easier for them to get american or european guns because russian guns could only be bought from 3 parties (china?).
Due to the nature of underground dealings, most Japanese yakuzas use Russian made guns - if not copies of them made by China or North Korea. One famous example is how yakuza's preferred type of handgun is...a Tokarev.
Old 2007-12-23, 13:00   Link #134
Captain Spyro
Captain of the Dragonfury

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Spyro Send a message via AIM to Captain Spyro Send a message via MSN to Captain Spyro Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Spyro
I must say, when an episode makes me cry, it does something right. Just such a powerful ending.

Though, I do have one question.

Spoiler for Eppy 24:
Old 2007-12-23, 13:11   Link #135
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spyro View Post
I must say, when an episode makes me cry, it does something right. Just such a powerful ending.

Though, I do have one question.

Spoiler for Eppy 24:
Do people read the other posts before posting I really wonder...

For hopefully the last Time...

The lady in Part C was not Rika.
Old 2007-12-23, 13:15   Link #136
MarthX

They don't. It would too much of a hassle to read every post.
Old 2007-12-23, 13:22   Link #137
Captain Spyro
Captain of the Dragonfury

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Spyro Send a message via AIM to Captain Spyro Send a message via MSN to Captain Spyro Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Spyro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Do people read the other posts before posting I really wonder...

For hopefully the last Time...

The lady in Part C was not Rika.
My bad. I read through most of the thread before watching the episode, but I didn't want to spoil myself, so I tried to avoid the small details and possible spoilers.

In the end, I offer my apologies. I just forgot to look through the thread. Simple human mistake.

End the end though, thanks.
Old 2007-12-23, 13:32   Link #138
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
They don't. It would too much of a hassle to read every post.
Lazy Bastards
Old 2007-12-23, 13:43   Link #139
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
i think you read it wrongly, the quote is (for you , a 1000 years , i think it meant hanyuu)
Isn't Bernkastel's age said to be over 1000 years in Umineko? Perhaps it's a reference to her. After all, I don't think that Hanyuu is that old. Since Rika is the 8th female generation of House Furude, this would put Hanyuu's age from 340 years (8x30 assuming they were all female +100 for the time she spent with Rika) to say 580 years (if only half of them were women). Furthermore, the flashback to Hanyuu's living days in Katautsuchi-hen shows a house that closely resembles the Gassho style houses still present in Shirakawa, which date back to the 19th century. This probably puts Hanyuu's life in a time frame much closer to the present than an entire millennium. I suppose there is a possibility that since Hanyuu arrives in each world before Rika, she has ended up being considerably older than her, but even that would probably be insufficient to stretch out to an entire millennium.
Old 2007-12-23, 13:48   Link #140
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Yeah in Umineko it's said Bernkastel's age is 1000 years old