1 out of 10 : Painful 11 9.57%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-21, 19:51   Link #121
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Except that when he opened the gates, Gai practically had a "barrier" around him (from the sheer force of the gate's opening) which pushed water away. That means that he was not underwater when he made the jump w/ 6 gates.

Now, I'm not sure if I can post this (just a snipplet from episode 196), but this is how Gai's speed should look like next episode.

Yes, it a filler episode.
Usually I think of horror and slow torturing when I hear the word “filler”, but that one was a golden moment indeed! Remember watching that filler episode and held my breath during this scene.

When powering up like that, this is the speed and power I am excepting.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-05-22 at 06:15.
Mangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 10:11   Link #122
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Just a quick q...anyone else think that this shit is slowly becoming more and more like DBZ...it takes a whole fucking 3 episodes for one fight, it used to be no more then 2 eps, now it takes 2 eps just for them to get started...1 ep of an intense staring match, then half a ep of talking, then fight gets started OH WAIT EPISODE ENDS...next one starts...fight hasnt started yet cause they still powering up...shows going downhill
Old 2007-05-22, 10:54   Link #123
NjoTolerance

Send a message via MSN to NjoTolerance
Yeah I agree.

But can understand one of the reasons they might have for slowing it down. They just want to avoid having to create another 100 filler episodes.

But if you look at it currently, you can easily miss a couple of episodes and still be up to date with what has happend.
NjoTolerance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 12:30   Link #124
Essenar
Fallen Angel

Send a message via AIM to Essenar
You know, I agree, but I think it's necessary.

I'm glad they're slowing it down because anything is better than having 100 episodes of filler again. ANYTHING is better than that.
Essenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 14:19   Link #125
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Just a quick q...anyone else think that this shit is slowly becoming more and more like DBZ...it takes a whole fucking 3 episodes for one fight, it used to be no more then 2 eps, now it takes 2 eps just for them to get started...1 ep of an intense staring match, then half a ep of talking, then fight gets started OH WAIT EPISODE ENDS...next one starts...fight hasnt started yet cause they still powering up...shows going downhill
If you think fights only took 2 eps in Part 1, you're seriously mistaken. Some did, but a lot didn't.
Old 2007-05-22, 20:44   Link #126
Dantat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
You know, I agree, but I think it's necessary.

I'm glad they're slowing it down because anything is better than having 100 episodes of filler again. ANYTHING is better than that.
i'd rather have a long break with fillers followed by a GOOD quality anime

than a shitty anime that isn't worth watching at all
Dantat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 21:27   Link #127
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
Honestly fillers never bothered me.....they always had me laughing and if you laugh it must give you some enjoyment
Master zoid pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 22:15   Link #128
7thFonon
seventh

Then why not just watch random shows on tv that are funny? Fillers are garbage.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 09:12   Link #129
NjoTolerance

Send a message via MSN to NjoTolerance
Fillers get boring after a while since there is no development at all. It becomes like watching the same episode again and again and again.

And eventhough a anime may move slowly, it doesn't say if it is a good one or a bad one. Just a slow one.
NjoTolerance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 22:34   Link #130
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
I'm having trouble remembering still frames during battle. If you're talking about characters hovering in the air, I love that. Honestly, this argument hasn't even occurred to me. Can you cite an example or two?
Sure. Let's take our examples from this episode, as in, episode 14:
Frames: 15:48-15:53.
In that scene, Gai is kicking couple of those sharks. There are three separate kicks that is occupying 5 seconds worth of time! In those three kicks, there are three drawn images used. And in those images, there were no movements what so ever! These are just three separate images that are merely drawn, and colored, then added the background sound of the kicks/grunts/water-splash.. and finally the side-way camera movements added with blurry streaks in the edges of those images to give the illusion of movements. In reality, only the camera is moving while Gai is forever locked in one single frame per kick like a still photograph. We never really saw those kicks happen.

To reiterate, those five seconds are just three still frames with no animated movements. Animated movements require much more still frames per second that are differently drawn, but perfectly synchronized, to give that sense of motion, a.k.a. animated motion.

I'll have to re-download some of those previous episode to provide more of these kind of examples of "animation" but I'm sure you will be able to spot themselves with a re-watch if you still have those episodes in your PC.

If I didn't make much sense from the above, then please let me know so I can endeavor a better try.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote