Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-05, 09:08   Link #121
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Dayumn. It's like seeing an anime about how Saitama became a superhero
Old 2024-02-05, 10:47   Link #122
The Green One

Hunters bodies just be built different. The nurses will just enjoy the eye candy.

As for hesitating in front of the spider, he's still pretty recently powered up. This is only his 2nd real outing since the temple, he's still adjusting to his new abilities and unlearning the years of mental state of "I'm the weakest of all time and can't beat anything."
Old 2024-02-06, 14:50   Link #123
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

In the words of a great man: "But why does it still live? Surely it is no match for you?"
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-06, 14:53   Link #124
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Man those nurses must have a lot of free time to just be left drooling over the MC without rest . I guess the one going for his number has plans for how she'd like to fill her time!

Good break for the MC. He's reached his "instantly become hot" phase for this kind of protagonist. Hair isn't a mess, got muscles that has girls desperately hoping for his attention, and he's even gotten taller . His life may be on the line, but it was anyways. So this is all wins for him at present.

I suppose it is tough to decide where to spend points. Though honestly agility seems unnecessary since boosting his strength appears to boost his speed anyways. Giving up on intelligence seems wasteful. But I suppose he'd need more points in intelligence to think of that .

His reluctance to stand out is understandable. But I think getting re-assessed would be the best call. He can't avoid standing out with his increased stats forever. And frankly getting into better dungeons may be worth the risks. But I get it. He wants to play it safe for now.

At least getting betrayed here isn't the worst case scenario. He can certainly handle that spider and that'll solve one problem. Though how things will unfold after that will be interesting to see.
Old 2024-02-06, 15:03   Link #125
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Improving your strength would make you stronger and thus faster because of increased muscle strength. Agility just makes you flexible and more reactive. But who needs reaction speed when you have plot armor?
Old 2024-02-06, 15:39   Link #126
The Green One

This episode highlighted it's a dog eat dog world in the life of a hunter, and there's no one to stop some sicko from preying on you in the dungeon.

There's also the fact that his power actually allows him to grow which is literally unheard of. Even those who reawaken apparently just get a one time boost and then that's it.

A power like his will attract all the wrong attention and he has two weak points, his sister and his mother to exploit. If he reveals himself before he has gained the power to protect himself and his loved ones from anyone he's putting himself at extreme risk or forcing him to tie himself to a large group for protection.

He's being smart here, while he has gained strength, it doesn't look like he's gained much yet. He's gone from the weakest of all time to what seems like the middle of the pack if a C rank boss is still going to require effort to fight.

It's too early to reveal himself yet.
Old 2024-02-06, 19:11   Link #127
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I mean, he's not revealing himself is he? He's just there with one other guy.
Old 2024-02-08, 05:54   Link #128
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He'd have to explain where they come from.
He doesn't have to dump it all at once, the dungeon that gave him the quest also disappeared after he cleared it, it's not much of a stretch if he makes up a story about another dungeon with unguarded mana crystals that conveniently disappeared after he looted them.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-08, 18:40   Link #129
Rasty

^ The dungeons are managed by the government. He would have to come into "another dungeon" with other people and there would be a record of him going in, so how would he explain how he got the crystals there?
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-10, 13:02   Link #130
Frontier

Dongsuk you piece of @#$%! Setting Jinwoo up to be spider chow so you could put the spider to sleep and get the mana crystals and then killing Jinho for his gear !

Of course they weren't expecting Jinwoo to straight up solo the spider, though even with his great speed and acrobatics, the spider's armor is thick! And even he can't get through it easily before he gets knocked aside. Good thing he's got a Full Recovery reward (always keep up with your daily quests folks!) that lets him heal up and then pierce that thing straight in the eye !

Nice to see the Chairman and Jinchul have a pretty positive and supportive relationship as boss and subordinate...and the Chairman isn't that rusty in his old age .

False Ranker? Sure, let's go with that. Though now Jinho is utterly terrified of Jinwoo and turning into his lackey, completely unprompted, to save his own skin (not that it was in any danger, but still). Then again, Jinwoo with his game face on and those blue eyes was pretty terrifying .

The crooks come back to clean up and totally misread the situation, thinking Jinho with his gear slew the monster, and think they can just tell Jinho to kill Jinwoo...these guys are about to wake up a predators' true killing instincts .

So the system designates to him people with killing intent against him and respond accordingly with a quest to kill them? It needs to keep Jinwoo alive and continuing his quests? Well, it works out for Jinwoo because it takes all his frustrations and resentments and lets him use the system to dish it back out at anyone else, awakening his ability to kill humans !

Those goons didn't stand a chance. Not only did Jinwoo kill them so effortlessly and even inducing poison in them before finishing them off, but he deflected all of their attacks. It wasn't even a contest .

I was wondering what this meeting between these ladies was for but it seems like it was to show camraderie and dynamics between the Hunters' Guild (and the more unsavory parties you don't want to end up in). Also a flashback to Cha in action and in her Hunter outfit. I love how she fights in skintight spandex !

Dongsuk really thought he could steel himself up? Jinwoo is 10x stronger than him. Not to mention for all his begging won't erase that he tried to kill him multiple times. Nor will whining about his brother. He's dead .

Two glasses girls in one episode! Girl really was so focused on Jinho's equipment she didn't look that deeply into their cover story and didn't even notice the obvious blood on Jinwoo. Well, works out for them both I guess .
Old 2024-02-10, 15:12   Link #131
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well I suppose the system makes this whole situation a good deal more interesting. It truly was kill or be killed. If there's a malicious entity running that system it has good sense. Threaten Jinwoo with death but also only do so when he's up against truly evil people that would be the easiest for him to kill. Not like he was thrown into a mall and asked to kill everyone in there. But it could easily slide into a much darker direction. Just keep lowering the bar until he's willing to kill just about anyone.

Guess we'll see where things go from here.
Old 2024-02-10, 18:27   Link #132
grecefar

spider fight was so-so but it was pretty cool how he got rid of those scumbags. I always enjoy when bastards like those get what they deserve. Who knows how many hunter have they killed.

nice chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-10, 19:30   Link #133
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So after Jinwoo effortlessly destroys the zero stakes spider monster, the loser brigade comes back throw themselves into Jinwoo's dagger and die. Then some nerdy girl assumes the anxious guy did everything, which is apparently the only possible explanation for anything.

I don't get this world. Is everyone in it just stupid?

Also for all the scenes with side characters... Who even are all these people? Am I supposed to know them?
Old 2024-02-10, 20:53   Link #134
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well I suppose the system makes this whole situation a good deal more interesting. It truly was kill or be killed. If there's a malicious entity running that system it has good sense. Threaten Jinwoo with death but also only do so when he's up against truly evil people that would be the easiest for him to kill.
It's also possible that the system is just saying the obvious that if he doesn't defeat the 6 guys trying to kill him, he will die (by their hands) instead of directly threatening him. I am also unsure whether this is a problem with translation or this is the correct wording, but the quest says "defeat" not "kill", so in theory just knocking them out might be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So after Jinwoo effortlessly destroys the zero stakes spider monster, the loser brigade comes back throw themselves into Jinwoo's dagger and die. Then some nerdy girl assumes the anxious guy did everything, which is apparently the only possible explanation for anything.

This one actually makes sense. The MC has a long history of being extremely weak and the team with he was with was strong. On the other hand the anxious guy clearly has overkill gear and is also significantly stronger to begin with, so it's only logical to expect that guy to actually have C+ grade strength (with gear) and so it's not strange that he could make it out of whatever trouble they got into even if dragging around some baggage.

Quote:
Also for all the scenes with side characters... Who even are all these people? Am I supposed to know them?
This I agree with. I have no idea who those guys are or why I should care. They are likely trying to do some worldbuilding, but it just doesn't work since I definitely won't remember it. It would be much better not to break down the flow and instead throw those segments in when they become relevant. Or do something to make me care for them. For example, there is the sister (who we can care for at least a bit), maybe tie the worldbuilding to her somehow to make it actually interesting.
Old 2024-02-10, 21:00   Link #135
The Green One

Quote:

People's power levels are supposed to be static. The only exception is reawakening and he was retested already and was still at E rank level at the time of the test.

The idea that an E Ranker slaughtered a team of C Rankers is ludicrous in universe. It's a completely reasonable conclusion to come to when you don't have the omniscient perspective of the viewer.
Old 2024-02-10, 21:35   Link #136
Strahan

When they switched to the girls at the cafe I was like... really? Now?? lol

I guess when your life is on the line, logic goes out the window but seriously; thinking Jinwoo would be able to be bribed after all that? Pretty dumb. Glad they got wiped out. Kind of funny that so many people die and the only investigation is some chick making notes then that's it, heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-10, 21:58   Link #137
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
When they switched to the girls at the cafe I was like... really? Now?? lol

I guess when your life is on the line, logic goes out the window but seriously; thinking Jinwoo would be able to be bribed after all that? Pretty dumb. Glad they got wiped out. Kind of funny that so many people die and the only investigation is some chick making notes then that's it, heh.
In many of these situations there's not much they can investigate. Hunters being killed by the monsters in a dungeon happens enough that unless someone comes forward saying otherwise then it's not a hard story to swallow that a monster did it.
Old 2024-02-10, 22:03   Link #138
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
It's also possible that the system is just saying the obvious that if he doesn't defeat the 6 guys trying to kill him, he will die (by their hands) instead of directly threatening him. I am also unsure whether this is a problem with translation or this is the correct wording, but the quest says "defeat" not "kill", so in theory just knocking them out might be enough.
It's possible. Though it's not like he would have to die if he didn't fight those guys. He's in good shape, has superior speed, and that cave has a multitude of escape routes. He could run without any problem. Especially if he didn't bother to take the other guy with him.

But the system at the very least wanted him to fight. I am curious if he had to straight up kill them or if incapacitating was an option. Sadly he never incapacitated anyone without lethal force so there's no way to tell. Had no problem jumping over that line so completely that we're left unsure .
Old 2024-02-10, 22:28   Link #139
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
In many of these situations there's not much they can investigate. Hunters being killed by the monsters in a dungeon happens enough that unless someone comes forward saying otherwise then it's not a hard story to swallow that a monster did it.
I am not sure about this, but didn't the dungeons also disappear when cleared? In that case, there is really no way to find out anything unless the survivors admit wrongdoings themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's possible. Though it's not like he would have to die if he didn't fight those guys. He's in good shape, has superior speed, and that cave has a multitude of escape routes. He could run without any problem. Especially if he didn't bother to take the other guy with him.
The whole situation with the boss was caused by the party blocking the only main entrance. There are some holes in the ceiling (that the party returned through) and the debris could be cleared away, but both would likely make him a great shooting target. If this wasn't the case he wouldn't have to fight the boss to begin with and could have run away, which from both his and the party's perspective didn't seem to be the case.
Old 2024-02-10, 22:55   Link #140
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
She intimated that having some low level guys be the only survivors was weird, which I'd think would ratchet up the suspicion. Then again, normally, what could they have really done to a whole party of C rankers? I guess that kind of automatically clears them heh. But now that I think about it, it doesn't strike me as weird for low ranks to be survivors. I could picture the strong guys holding back the enemies to give the weaker ones time to escape (if they are of a noble mindset), then they succumbed to said enemies. (shrug)

Anyway, what I ultimately meant was if it was a cop seriously looking into this, they would have separated the two and grilled them both not just casually converse and call it a day.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote