AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-08-16, 09:38   Link #121
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Seriously, they bring in Youko Hikasa's character in next episode as Kiyoka's sister?

Too late. Would have liked to seen her in action, but I will never, ever forgive this show for episode 6.
It's the source novel's pacing.
Kiyoka's sister only comes into the story at Vol 2, which the anime will be moving into shortly.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-16, 10:02   Link #122
Frontier

It just shows how much of a pure heart Miyo has that her first immediate thought was to check to see if the Saimori's are okay, and to visit her childhood home (not that it was ever much of a home)...if only to see the last bit of her mother still left there .

Well, I guess justice was more or less served. The Saimori's lost their home and their standing and had to basically run with their tail between their legs to the countryside. They hushed things up but Tatsuishi lost his position and now the family is under the Kudo's purview. And Kaya will now have to live like they made Miyo live as a servant to a strict family, which I'm sure will go well. Koji seems like he might still want to marry her but she doesn't seem that interested now. Serves her right though .

Was that Miyo's doing that destroyed the remains of the tree or the tree itself ?

Find a guy who will joke about incinerating his dad if he refuses to let you marry .

Well, I'm glad Koji was able to make peace with Miyo and plans to train and better himself so he's no longer as weak as he was here. Although poor guy...Miyo totally cut his confession off before he could even get it out. There's no place in her heart for anyone but Kiyoka. But at least Koji took it in stride .

Yay! Miyo and Kiyoka are officially engaged! Now we just need to get the wedding !

Who is this Hollywood Starlet voiced by Yoko Hikasa and what is she doing in the Kudo household? Wait, she's Kiyoka's older sister? And she's going to train Miyo how to be a lady !?

Hazuki seems like a carefree, energetic, and exuberant young woman, the polar opposite of her younger brother, and she knows how to teaser Kiyoka and utterly adore Miyo. Also she's coming from a failed marriage so she definitely has some relationship experience to contrast with how new at this Miyo is. Kind of wonder what happened there .

I love Kiyoka just standing outside the room to listen in on what the girls are saying. No surprise though, because if he's not careful Hazuki might just end up stealing Miyo away from him !

So it's the Usuba blood in Miyo that's making her act up when she sleeps ?

Are those the supernatural creatures Kiyoka talked about in episode 2 being released? Are they releasing them to get at Kiyoka so they have an opening to snatch Miyo ?
Old 2023-08-16, 12:12   Link #123
scififan

Miyo wants to know how to become a lady. It might be her first step to rebuild her self confidence. So, Kiyoka introduces his sister as Miyo's tutor. His sister is not on the cast list of casts of live action.
Spoiler for image size:

The tree that reminding Miyo about her mother is crumbles to pieces. Then, another tree is also crumbles during a cult ritual. Then, a new character claims he is going to pick up Miyo. It might symbolize the seal placed on Miyo is broken.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-16, 13:12   Link #124
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
1. Why on earth would Kaya and her mother be so damn stupid to let Miyo be taken to their own house...That's the #1 place on the list to look! Find some abandoned place in the middle of nowhere, an underground place. This absurdity makes what happened with enabling the kidnapping in 5 to be tame in comparison...
The anime compressed things a bit but Kiyoka had no real leads or justification to confront the Saimori and/or Tatsuishi families directly until Kouji showed up.

I didn't realize Yoko Hikasa was on deck for this week. LN1 and LN2 basically serve as one arc though its possible the live action is only adapting LN1.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-16, 14:21   Link #125
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
It's the source novel's pacing.
Kiyoka's sister only comes into the story at Vol 2, which the anime will be moving into shortly.
Really? There's only one more episode this season. Doubt much will be resolved in just that amount of time.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-16, 17:13   Link #126
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Really? There's only one more episode this season. Doubt much will be resolved in just that amount of time.
Huh? Its listed as a standard 12 episode one cour series, there should be 5 more episodes to go at this point unless there's weird Netflix delays or something.
Old 2023-08-16, 17:59   Link #127
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So, Kiyoka's father was the one who extended an offer to have one of the Saimori daughter get a chance to marry his son, and being aware of Kiyoka's reputation, Saimori daddy chose to send Miyo instead of Kaya because he had nothing to lose this way. At best he'd get a lot of money, and at worst he'll finally be rid of Miyo.

Turns out Kioka and Miyo didn't need their dad's approvals to get officially engaged so Miyo's first meeting with her future father-in-law is postponed for now. But instead she gets to meet her future sister-in-law! And boy, is she going to be a better sister to her than Kaya ever was. No that it's a high bar to clear, mind you
But yeah, Hazuki is really friendly and has already taken a liking to her. If she could, she'd even steal Miyo from her brother

Kaya's punishment feels light but appropriate at the same time. She's basically going to experience what Miyo did, which will hopefully humble her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So it's the Usuba blood in Miyo that's making her act up when she sleeps ?
I think a member of the Usaba family is trying to make contact with her, but because of the barrier she only ends up having nightmares. That person is most likely the guy with glasses at the end.
Old 2023-08-16, 18:11   Link #128
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
1. Why on earth would Kaya and her mother be so damn stupid to let Miyo be taken to their own house...That's the #1 place on the list to look! Find some abandoned place in the middle of nowhere, an underground place. This absurdity makes what happened with enabling the kidnapping in 5 to be tame in comparison...
If the intent was to hold Miyo for ransom or something, then yes it's stupid to take her back to the house. But that's not what the plan was. The expectation was that Miyo would be a pushover and agree to let Kaya marry Kiyoka without a whole lot of effort. If that had been the way things went, then their own house would be the perfect place, because they wouldn't have to go anywhere else for Miyo to announce her "decision" to her father, and Kiyoka wouldn't have the opportunity to intercept them.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-16, 18:33   Link #129
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Turns out Kioka and Miyo didn't need their dad's approvals to get officially engaged so Miyo's first meeting with her future father-in-law is postponed for now. But instead she gets to meet her future sister-in-law! And boy, is she going to be a better sister to her than Kaya ever was. No that it's a high bar to clear, mind you
The funny thing is they're both blondes .
Old 2023-08-16, 19:01   Link #130
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Haha, Kaya sent off to live as a servant for a strict family . That's what we call delicious karma! I want to give Koji a pat on the back for not letting her die in that fire! I mean sure I guess it's possible she'll learn something from this and become a better person. But at the very least karma is biting back. Wish there was more for the step-mother, but I suppose losing a ton of servants and her home is a good enough hit for the moment.

Things are moving along. Good on Koji for looking to improve himself. Really, it's the best thing he can do right now. Pretty much got his rejection by Mio so he can start with a fresh slate. Hopefully he gets to a place that he'll be satisfied with.

Kiyoka's sister is nice. Good to have positive personalities around Miyo. And I can also get her desire to take the girl with her because of how cute she is .

Sadly forces are making their move. No way that Kiyoka can ignore a legit emergency like this. Will just have to hope Miyo will be ok. Which is easier said than done since this is all part of a plot to target her...

Guess we'll see how this goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
If the intent was to hold Miyo for ransom or something, then yes it's stupid to take her back to the house. But that's not what the plan was. The expectation was that Miyo would be a pushover and agree to let Kaya marry Kiyoka without a whole lot of effort. If that had been the way things went, then their own house would be the perfect place, because they wouldn't have to go anywhere else for Miyo to announce her "decision" to her father, and Kiyoka wouldn't have the opportunity to intercept them.
Yeah, hiding the crime wasn't part of the plan. Even with Kiyoka being alerted immediately and heading right there, it still took a good amount of time to reach Miyo. More than enough to force her to flip on the engagement if she was as willing to give in as she has been in the past.

Now I don't think either were thinking in terms of consequences. Even in the best case scenario Kaya wasn't going to get engaged to Kiyoka through this nonsense. But Koji's father didn't care about that so that's fine. And frankly I think the step-mother was so angry at being talked down to for Miyo (of all people's) sake that she went along with this without thinking about what could possibly come of it. There's a reason that Miyo's father was kept in the dark on this. He would have been a (relative) voice of reason. But none of that relates to where they took her. Taking her to her old home was the best possible place to try and break her.
Old 2023-08-16, 20:47   Link #131
grecefar

to be honest the fall out of the incident felt pretty underwhelming to me and I will keep saying is not enough.

my suprise was that they are diving in the supernatural a lot, I thought it was going to be just on the side but is in the main plot. The title should be my happy supernatural marriage.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-16, 21:19   Link #132
scififan

The world building is still ongoing. Among the telekinesis community, Miyo's lineage has reputation of mythical existence. She got the unwanted attention. Also, her father might have his reason for not love her due to her lineage.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-16, 23:56   Link #133
HandofFate

goodbye Kaya, hope we don't see her again. Maybe she was just tutorial boss.
Miyo learning to be a lady sounds like a good idea, her upbringing really didn't help at all, and she needs to learn to function in noble society if she doesn't wanna embarrass herself or her husband
Old 2023-08-17, 01:03   Link #134
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
goodbye Kaya, hope we don't see her again. Maybe she was just tutorial boss.
I still feel like Kaya has a shot at being redeemed. Not for her own sake, but for Koji's. He's being presented as a sympathetic character, and even after all that's happened, he and Kaya are still engaged. I doubt the story is going to leave him stuck in such an unhappy situation.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-17, 10:56   Link #135
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I still feel like Kaya has a shot at being redeemed. Not for her own sake, but for Koji's. He's being presented as a sympathetic character, and even after all that's happened, he and Kaya are still engaged. I doubt the story is going to leave him stuck in such an unhappy situation.
She's either going to shape up or be utterly miserable .
Old 2023-08-17, 11:12   Link #136
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Huh? Its listed as a standard 12 episode one cour series, there should be 5 more episodes to go at this point unless there's weird Netflix delays or something.
I just checked again now, and Netflix still lists this series as having eight episodes.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2023-08-17 at 11:23.
Old 2023-08-17, 11:28   Link #137
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

8 episodes sure sounds weird nowadays. Is it a new studio or something?
Old 2023-08-17, 12:00   Link #138
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Weird... what interface is that btw? I only see the number of released episodes on my end...
Spoiler for Netflix:
Netflix may be simulcasting it internationally but it also airs on Tokyo MX and all the local Japanese stations and it has definitely been announced as a 12 episode series. Its possible the 8 is a placeholder or theoretically maybe 9-12 will count as "season 2" in Netflix's eyes? Not looking forward to Netflix jail again if its the latter.
Old 2023-08-17, 17:55   Link #139
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I just checked again now, and Netflix still lists this series as having eight episodes.

It's a weird thing Netflix does that I started noticing with this show. They count the upcoming episode as being released. Last week it said 7, next week at the same time it'll say 9. I got fooled into thinking they had released two episodes at the same time a few weeks ago.
Old 2023-08-17, 21:15   Link #140
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well, I hope that's the case. There are too many loose ends to tie up in just one episode.